Sofiyya

Islam For All Time?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey I hear ya. I get frustrated with stubborn women who have no interest whatsoever in learning about their beloved husband/fiance's religion. Why would you go and marry someone whose religion you hate or have prejudice against? Why..cuz they're cute or you can't get anyone else? Not acceptable! If you can't stand Muslims marry one from your own religion. I'm just saying that there are open minded women who would like to learn about Islam but don't necessarily want to revert. These ladies need some simple introduction to Islam and when and if they're ready they can get into some deeper stuff. Islam takes a lifetime or more to learn. Take it from a 12 yr veteran (alhamdulillah).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I agree. Although the Quran would be a starting point it can be hard to grasp. Some ladies who marry Muslim men don't plan on reverting and that's fine...you should never revert for a man. These ladies need things to help them understand Islam. As Muslimahs we need to be a little more gentle in our approach sometimes. Let's not scare them off ;)

Speaking for myself, it's not necessarily about scaring them off but it's highly irritating when some of those who are married to or marrying muslims here obviously have no respect whatsoever for Islam. I feel sorry for some of these men. :(

if that was directed towards me i would have to say that is unfair. i was in no way disrespecting it i was just entering the conversation and was in no way rude. for your information by reading some of these entries it helps me to learn where your religion is coming from and also so other things about the culture. also , MRS. Z.... I have read a few books that were given to me from Samir's Imam. I sat and talked with imam mustapha for several hours while i was in algeria. i agree that some of the things i have posted on here have been to harsh on my part but, i have been really trying to understand where all of you are coming from. some of these books he gave me are ...the bible and the quran. it is in french tho so i have to wait for Samir to get here so he can help me read it. the second is a small book called the protection of monotheism.the 3rd is 33 lessons to every muslim (this is where i read about how samir washes his hands and feet ect before he prays.) and another small book i have is called the brief illistrated guide to understanding islam. it has some of the basic things in here. the last one was a nice algerian cookbook (in french). for the person who said that they are irriated by closemindedness please understand, i will learn a little more when samir gets here. i talked to imam mustapha and his assistant abdu malek for probally 7 or 8 hours about this stiuation. imam mustpaha understands my viewpoints and why i believe what i believe. i have been raised a christian all my life. i dont agree with some of your entries about islam not out of disrespect but because my religion does not teach me these things that you post. the fact is islam isnt mentioned in the bible at all. thats all i know. imam mustapha understands this. he said what mattered is that i believe in God. i am not an infidel because i believe in the Lord. so please dont feel sorry for Samir because i have told him about what peolpe say and he says for you not to feel sorry for him because he knows i love him and he loves me. we are happy. i look forward to being a good wife to him and i have alot to learn about his culture , this i know but, him and i are going to get through this together.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline
Hey I hear ya. I get frustrated with stubborn women who have no interest whatsoever in learning about their beloved husband/fiance's religion. Why would you go and marry someone whose religion you hate or have prejudice against? Why..cuz they're cute or you can't get anyone else? Not acceptable! If you can't stand Muslims marry one from your own religion. I'm just saying that there are open minded women who would like to learn about Islam but don't necessarily want to revert. These ladies need some simple introduction to Islam and when and if they're ready they can get into some deeper stuff. Islam takes a lifetime or more to learn. Take it from a 12 yr veteran (alhamdulillah).

i never ever said i couldnt stand muslims. that was unfair. as a matter of fact i have said muslims were very nice people. i think (not just you) but some others on here are repulsed because they are just upset because i am not muslim marrying a muslim. i kind of expected that not just from posts in here but from alot of people in society. the fact is i love muslims and jews the same as i love another christian. jesus told us to love our neighbors as we love ourself. so in my eyes the muslims and jews are my brothers and sisters in christ. jesus died for you as much as he died for me and loves all of you very much.

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline
Wha? did you see your name mentioned anywhere?

well Mrs. Z i kinda felt it ws very obvious that it was directed to me. if it wasnt then please excuse me.

Edited by samir_shannon

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

Trust me I could care less if a Muslim man marries a non Muslim woman (it's allowed in Islam). I have a man I don't care about the rest. my thoughts to you would be to stop being so paranoid and thinking everyone is referring to you.

i never ever said i couldnt stand muslims. that was unfair. as a matter of fact i have said muslims were very nice people. i think (not just you) but some others on here are repulsed because they are just upset because i am not muslim marrying a muslim. i kind of expected that not just from posts in here but from alot of people in society. the fact is i love muslims and jews the same as i love another christian. jesus told us to love our neighbors as we love ourself. so in my eyes the muslims and jews are my brothers and sisters in christ. jesus died for you as much as he died for me and loves all of you very much.

Edited by moody

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Henia that was very insightful. The old testement in our religion is the old law. the law of Abraham and Moses. ( the ten commandments given to moses). the new testement is the birth, baptism, life, crucifixion, and resurection of Jesus. Also the book of revelation that was written by the apostle John. the old testement and the torah are very similar of course because it ws Jewish law. we as christians do not have the same law anymore because of the covenant. when Jesus died everything was cleansed and made clean. i dont know very much about islam, but i recall someone telling me it started with Ishmael the son of Abraham and Hagar. god promised Isaac (the chosen child the son of Abraham and Sarah) a great nation and people. as far as i know i dont think islam started from adam.. because if it did then i dont think we would have had Jewish law in the old testament. i want to add i am not trying to be offensive, just found what Henia posted was very insightful and wanted to contribute.

Henia forgot to mention, as far as the Quran goes about christians and jews, it is very confusing to a non-muslim to understand because those examples it is contradictary. some parts of the quran show love and respect for the people of the book and some parts just show hate and bitterness. maybe thats why some radicall islamists feel the way they do. i have never personally had a muslim treat me bad at all. (in person) one thing i am confused with is Samir cant eat meat slaughtered by a christian but, he can marry one. that part i REALLY dont get but, oh well... such is life. goodnight everyone. i was asleep earlier and a bad thunderstorm woke me up. pray for us in north carolina because ernesto is on its way here. the last tropical storm we had terrible flooding in this area. :( (

I am interested in knowing about the source of the contradictions I see in the postings of some of the converts here. Do you believe that Islam began with the Quran and Muhammad, or do you believe that Adam was the first prophet of Islam and that there were many between him and Muhammad?

If you believe that, then why is when the Message was given to the Arabs the only measure you seem to relate to when talking about Islam? I'm asking this because I see this time and time again, and was inspired to ask when I kept seeing posting about how Christians and Jews who died BEFORE the Quran and Muhammad were exempt from hell, but those during and after the period of Arab Islam were not. This implies that Islam did not exist prior to its delivery to the Arabian pennisula.

It is but one example, but it serves to demonstrate to me, at least, how ethnocentric the vision of Islam is for some of you. You measure the time of Islam by one place and time and ignore how it has existed forever and that there have been Muslims forever.

Is this what you are being taught?

Thanks for your input!

wow... Ehhhh. What do you believe???(out of curiousity).

to give my opinion this is what i believe...... no one in the Earth can tell me you or anyone else here who is going to hell and who isnt. that is only answered by God. he is the judge. not any of us. goodnight.

Shannnon: In an earlier post I had, I had stated my stand on this (who goes to heaven and who goes to hell) and so again I will rewrite it here...

The Qur’an has very strongly negated the idea that the Jannah or the bliss in the life hereafter – the Paradise – is the right of any particular religious group. Whether one ascribes oneself to the Muslim or to any other belief, the criteria for success in the hereafter is going to be his true faith in the Almighty and in the Day of reckoning.

According to the Qur’anic view about life, each individual who lives on the face of this earth is put in a test by the Almighty. Whether born to Muslim or Jewish or Christian parents, each individual is being tested for his honest and unbiased search for and surrender to the Truth, as he sees and understands it. To go through this test, God has set upon us the sense and the intellect to judge right from wrong.

A close look at our general attitude towards religion and religious beliefs shows that we normally go through life with the beliefs that we inherit from our parents. If we are born in a Muslim family, there is a greater chance that we shall remain Muslims through out our lives. The same holds true in other cases as well. But unfortunately, this passive belief shall have absolutely no importnace on the Day of Judgment. Whether we attended the Sunday Church or the Friday Congregation shall only have a secondary importance. The first thing that would be judged is whether the individual truly searched for the Truth or not and then, whether he lived his life in accordance with that Truth or not.

In the light of the above explanation, in my opinion, success in the hereafter is not dependent on ascribing to any one or the other group. It is basically dependent on my attitude towards searching for and submitting to the Truth. Thus, those Christians who, without any prejudice, had searched for the Truth and had submitted to it, shall be among those who are successful in the hereafter. While those who called themselves Muslims in this world, might fail in the hereafter on the account that they did not seriously and without any bias, seek the Truth or that even after knowing the Truth, did not submit to it or lived their lives in accordance with it.

This is the general principle of success and/or failure in the test of the life of this world. Thus, the criteria of success or failure is one that depends purely on the internal mechanism of the human soul and intellect. Because we cannot say that a particular person has rejected Islam (or whatever we hold to be the Truth) after being thoroughly convinced that Islam is the divine truth, we therefore, cannot pass a judgment regarding his success or failure in the hereafter. It is only the Omniscient God who really knows whether a person rejected after being truly convinced of the Truth or whether his rejection was because of some misunderstanding or unanswered questions, regarding that Truth. On the day of reckoning, God shall give His decision on the basis of His absolute knowledge about the reasons of the rejection of the individuals.

According to the Qur’an, when a messenger of Allah (Rasu’l as distinct from Nab’i) is sent towards a people, he removes all doubts that lie in people’s minds regarding the Truth. He answers all their questions. Truth becomes evidently distinct from falsehood. Those who accept his message, accept it with full knowledge of what is right and what is wrong; and those who reject his message, reject it after gaining full knowledge that it is the Truth they are rejecting. It is because of this particular position of the messengers (Rasu’l) of Allah that it becomes evident that those who are rejecting his call are rejecting the Truth, and those who are accepting his call are submitting to the Truth. The former are, thus, bound to be thrown in the hell fire and the latter are promised the bliss of paradise.

So in short, the God is the one to judge us as humans, worthy or not, to enter into heaven or hell...

i think (not just you) but some others on here are repulsed because they are just upset because i am not muslim marrying a muslim.

Muslim men are allowed to marry christian or jewish women so why would anyone be repulsed by this?

Those men are, however, supposed to marry only those chaste women from those people and not those who take their religion as a joke or are not serious about it. This is not directed at you but there have been comments made on here in the past by others stating how they are not 'really religious' and those women are actually forbidden to muslim men. :star:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I think you guys are over complecating thing. No offense. Basically We do believe that islam is the Religion of Adam. We believe that Judiasim in its origins was Islam, Chirstianity was Islam in it's Orgins and Adam as the first person came witht Islamic Message. As Time went by the two previous religions where changed by man and therefore corrupt. So Islam has been here throughout all time. When the Prophet Mohamad Brought back the message, we where promised that this will be the las Messenger and the message with stay in tact.

This is what we believe, and it is simple. Some are trying to make aspects of the faith complex and make it Muhammad and Arab centered, despite their claims otherwise.

Islam is not measured by the time of the Arabs, it has existed for all time.

Shannon, the word "Islam" derives form the word "Salaam", which means peace. Islam means "submission". Does Samir speak Arabic?

Timeline
I think you guys are over complecating thing. No offense. Basically We do believe that islam is the Religion of Adam. We believe that Judiasim in its origins was Islam, Chirstianity was Islam in it's Orgins and Adam as the first person came witht Islamic Message. As Time went by the two previous religions where changed by man and therefore corrupt. So Islam has been here throughout all time. When the Prophet Mohamad Brought back the message, we where promised that this will be the las Messenger and the message with stay in tact.

This is what we believe, and it is simple. Some are trying to make aspects of the faith complex and make it Muhammad and Arab centered, despite their claims otherwise.

Islam is not measured by the time of the Arabs, it has existed for all time.

Shannon, the word "Islam" derives form the word "Salaam", which means peace. Islam means "submission". Does Samir speak Arabic?

yes, arabic is his first language. he told me that it meant peace :) thank you so much for sharing that with me. i was confused when someone else said it meant submission. i remember samir telling me it meant peace. samir speaks arabic, french, and english.

Henia that was very insightful. The old testement in our religion is the old law. the law of Abraham and Moses. ( the ten commandments given to moses). the new testement is the birth, baptism, life, crucifixion, and resurection of Jesus. Also the book of revelation that was written by the apostle John. the old testement and the torah are very similar of course because it ws Jewish law. we as christians do not have the same law anymore because of the covenant. when Jesus died everything was cleansed and made clean. i dont know very much about islam, but i recall someone telling me it started with Ishmael the son of Abraham and Hagar. god promised Isaac (the chosen child the son of Abraham and Sarah) a great nation and people. as far as i know i dont think islam started from adam.. because if it did then i dont think we would have had Jewish law in the old testament. i want to add i am not trying to be offensive, just found what Henia posted was very insightful and wanted to contribute.

Henia forgot to mention, as far as the Quran goes about christians and jews, it is very confusing to a non-muslim to understand because those examples it is contradictary. some parts of the quran show love and respect for the people of the book and some parts just show hate and bitterness. maybe thats why some radicall islamists feel the way they do. i have never personally had a muslim treat me bad at all. (in person) one thing i am confused with is Samir cant eat meat slaughtered by a christian but, he can marry one. that part i REALLY dont get but, oh well... such is life. goodnight everyone. i was asleep earlier and a bad thunderstorm woke me up. pray for us in north carolina because ernesto is on its way here. the last tropical storm we had terrible flooding in this area. :( (

I am interested in knowing about the source of the contradictions I see in the postings of some of the converts here. Do you believe that Islam began with the Quran and Muhammad, or do you believe that Adam was the first prophet of Islam and that there were many between him and Muhammad?

If you believe that, then why is when the Message was given to the Arabs the only measure you seem to relate to when talking about Islam? I'm asking this because I see this time and time again, and was inspired to ask when I kept seeing posting about how Christians and Jews who died BEFORE the Quran and Muhammad were exempt from hell, but those during and after the period of Arab Islam were not. This implies that Islam did not exist prior to its delivery to the Arabian pennisula.

It is but one example, but it serves to demonstrate to me, at least, how ethnocentric the vision of Islam is for some of you. You measure the time of Islam by one place and time and ignore how it has existed forever and that there have been Muslims forever.

Is this what you are being taught?

Thanks for your input!

wow... Ehhhh. What do you believe???(out of curiousity).

to give my opinion this is what i believe...... no one in the Earth can tell me you or anyone else here who is going to hell and who isnt. that is only answered by God. he is the judge. not any of us. goodnight.

Shannnon: In an earlier post I had, I had stated my stand on this (who goes to heaven and who goes to hell) and so again I will rewrite it here...

The Qur’an has very strongly negated the idea that the Jannah or the bliss in the life hereafter – the Paradise – is the right of any particular religious group. Whether one ascribes oneself to the Muslim or to any other belief, the criteria for success in the hereafter is going to be his true faith in the Almighty and in the Day of reckoning.

According to the Qur’anic view about life, each individual who lives on the face of this earth is put in a test by the Almighty. Whether born to Muslim or Jewish or Christian parents, each individual is being tested for his honest and unbiased search for and surrender to the Truth, as he sees and understands it. To go through this test, God has set upon us the sense and the intellect to judge right from wrong.

A close look at our general attitude towards religion and religious beliefs shows that we normally go through life with the beliefs that we inherit from our parents. If we are born in a Muslim family, there is a greater chance that we shall remain Muslims through out our lives. The same holds true in other cases as well. But unfortunately, this passive belief shall have absolutely no importnace on the Day of Judgment. Whether we attended the Sunday Church or the Friday Congregation shall only have a secondary importance. The first thing that would be judged is whether the individual truly searched for the Truth or not and then, whether he lived his life in accordance with that Truth or not.

In the light of the above explanation, in my opinion, success in the hereafter is not dependent on ascribing to any one or the other group. It is basically dependent on my attitude towards searching for and submitting to the Truth. Thus, those Christians who, without any prejudice, had searched for the Truth and had submitted to it, shall be among those who are successful in the hereafter. While those who called themselves Muslims in this world, might fail in the hereafter on the account that they did not seriously and without any bias, seek the Truth or that even after knowing the Truth, did not submit to it or lived their lives in accordance with it.

This is the general principle of success and/or failure in the test of the life of this world. Thus, the criteria of success or failure is one that depends purely on the internal mechanism of the human soul and intellect. Because we cannot say that a particular person has rejected Islam (or whatever we hold to be the Truth) after being thoroughly convinced that Islam is the divine truth, we therefore, cannot pass a judgment regarding his success or failure in the hereafter. It is only the Omniscient God who really knows whether a person rejected after being truly convinced of the Truth or whether his rejection was because of some misunderstanding or unanswered questions, regarding that Truth. On the day of reckoning, God shall give His decision on the basis of His absolute knowledge about the reasons of the rejection of the individuals.

According to the Qur’an, when a messenger of Allah (Rasu’l as distinct from Nab’i) is sent towards a people, he removes all doubts that lie in people’s minds regarding the Truth. He answers all their questions. Truth becomes evidently distinct from falsehood. Those who accept his message, accept it with full knowledge of what is right and what is wrong; and those who reject his message, reject it after gaining full knowledge that it is the Truth they are rejecting. It is because of this particular position of the messengers (Rasu’l) of Allah that it becomes evident that those who are rejecting his call are rejecting the Truth, and those who are accepting his call are submitting to the Truth. The former are, thus, bound to be thrown in the hell fire and the latter are promised the bliss of paradise.

So in short, the God is the one to judge us as humans, worthy or not, to enter into heaven or hell...

thank you for you post Henia. i have read it and have to say i agree with someof your points. thank you again :)

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

I have to say that I read the book "teach yourself Islam", I wish I would have read it alittle sooner, like before I bought the wedding ring, which was gold. I told him before and he said he liked silver and I told him that I really like gold and diamonds and sent him a couple of rings to pick from. He didn't want to hurt my feelings so he picked one. Well it was a size to big so we had to get it sized down and the night after our wedding party it broke. Yeah I know God was telling me something. Later the next day I was finishing my book and read that men wear silver wedding rings.

Hasan now has a silver wedding ring and I asked him please to tell me when something like this happens as I am only learning about his religion and his culture and would never want in any way to disrespect or go against his beliefs. I do all I can to learn more and more so that I don't make these types of mistakes and also to gain knowledge for myslef. The only way I know that I can be the best wife I can be to my husband is to learn all I can weather I choose to convert or not about Islam. I learned a couple of things about his culture while I was getting prepared for my wedding party by the Arabian women. They seen the hair on my arms and they didn't know how to tell me as we didn't speak each others language that it needed to be removed, so this just got my hand and took me to the sink and shaved it off. I guess it is usually waxed off but I think they where not sure how I would take that. I have never had my eybrows doen with a thread but I have now, oh lets not forget my mustach, yeah the threaded that off also. See I have a lot to learn and I try and learn something everday to better myself.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.