lovequeen

so upset and confused.

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

sorry to hear that your case is taking so long. are you saying there is a possibility i may go into AP OR AR?

It all depends on the embassy. They process stuff differently in different countries. In my country we had a bad experience even a congresswoman could not do anything.

But don't worry. Concentrate on getting your paperwork together and make sure to follow up with the embassy.

There's an AP forum here. They also discuss AR. You may want to check about AR situation in your country.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is easy to get all upset speculating about 'what if's'. Don't let yourself build this up bigger than it is and don't let others get you upset about it either. I know this is important to you, but if all they are asking is more tax information because your husband is self-employed, that sounds like a good situation to me (unless your husband has financial difficulties, and even if that is the case, they will request that you provide a co-sponsor instead of denying the visa).

While things are handled differently at each Consulate, one thing is in common - they want to make sure that the US spouse is able to satisfy the financial sponsorship requirements. I have seen a lot of cases where the US citizen is self-employed and the Consulate wishes to see more information about the stability of that employment. It is basically ensuring that the sponsored spouse is not likely to become a public charge. If there were other issues with the application, you would have been told about them or requested to provide more evidence. All you are being asked to provide is more financial evidence of your husband's ongoing financial stability for more than just one year.

You have also been asked to call and make an appointment to bring in this documents at a blue slip interview. Bring your passport with you when you go (they will probably tell you that when you call). I wouldn't be surprised that if they are asking you to stay for an interview, they will do a quick review of the financial documents while you are there, and if all goes well, request your passport to affix the visa. I don't see any reasons here for alarm and a lot of reasons to expect a positive response.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What is AP, OR AR.?

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If they intended to deny you, you would have been denied. As long as all the papers are in order when you turn them in, you should be fine. My husband went through this request for further documents. When he turned them in, they took his passport and he had a visa in hand 3 days later. Don't stress, you'll be fine. :thumbs:

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

thnak you guys so much for the support and replies.... i called the embassy today and they told me to submit only what was asked for

and that if they needed anything else they would have stated it on the paper. so i am feeling much better now :)

and KATHRYN, thanks for your very detailed reply it put a smile on my face :)

waitwait, i do agree, they would have denied me immediately. but i was worried because u never know when dealing with the government :

thanks guys :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

thnak you guys so much for the support and replies.... i called the embassy today and they told me to submit only what was asked for

and that if they needed anything else they would have stated it on the paper. so i am feeling much better now :)

and KATHRYN, thanks for your very detailed reply it put a smile on my face :)

waitwait, i do agree, they would have denied me immediately. but i was worried because u never know when dealing with the government :

thanks guys :)

my bad my that was meant for SQUEAKY, NOT waitwait silly me lol

Take bettermuscome's advice: gather the requested documents, schedule a blue slip interview and turn in the documents. You are working yourself into a frenzy. Three years' tax returns with supporting documents (schedules, w-7s if any, etc) are required. Good luck and don't panic.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i just want to ask what document they needed from you?? thank u and wish u the best for ur journey :))

they wanted to see last 3yrs tax return...i had only provided one (2009)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Your husband needs to call the IRS, get his transcripts for the last 3 years, and mail them to you. If you can, take them to the embassy, if the embassy does not allow drop-offs, then overnight mail it to them.

They need to follow rules too, and many of us here have not had just one piece of paper or something we considered rediculous, and have been told to mail them in. Its definately not a denial, its just a "we need a little more info". It sucks to have to wait longer, but its not the end of the world, and its certainly not a potential denial.

Good luck with getting everything in and getting your visa! (F)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Deer LoveQueen:

Don´t worry, you are going to be fine! … as long as your lawyer don´t give you bad advise anymore!

What gets my attention is that your lawyer advised to only send the most recent income tax, especially for a self-employed. I think it is well known for everyone here at VJ Community that the safe way to go is to always send last 3 year’s … unless you don´t have it.

You can only blame this little delay in your lawyer… So I guess no tips – bono for that lawyer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi bob, no i did not get instructions as to when to submit the taxes, they only gave me the blue paper and told me to go to their website when i have

collected the requested docs, and make and appointment for a blue slip interview. the CO told me that since my husband was self employed they need to

make sure that it is an on going business, and since we had only submitted 1 tax return (we were instructed to by the lawyer) they said they need the last

3.so based on your comments i gather you do not think there will be a denial. but why not take my passport?

Your lawyer was wrong.

Here's my input -

since the husband, USCitizen is self-employed, he has no W-2 income - so he doesn't have a 'job'. No Employer.

Some Embassies want to see 3 years, but is never a requirement, heck it's not even a guideline -

the VO's are trained to look for W-2 income. Your husband has none.

So - is concept of 'sustainable/sustained' income for your husband -- he needs to show a pattern of 3 years of sustained income, so you do not become a public charge.

3 years of tax returns will show this - 3 years of 'AUDITED INCOME STATEMTENTS' from a CPA will also suffice.

good luck!

you have not been denied - they are giving you a chance to submit more information - the information supplied (by your husband and attorney) was scant for the I-864. Suggest to your husband that he ask for a partial refund of fees from the attorney, at least 1/6th, to 1/4th, of the total fees that he's assessed so far.

Double Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What is AP, OR AR.?

my god - you've been a member since 2004 ? Really?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Acronym_Summary

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.