blessedblessed

Morocco--worker's permit & I-134 questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey everyone!!

i'm sorting through financial paperwork in preparation for Abdelhay's interview on March 7th, and i've run into a few questions. those of you in the morocco/MENA forums might be able to help me out best!

1.) before we received the 3rd packet, i was planning on and preparing to fill out the i864 form for the affidavit of support--but turns out they want the i134 instead! this is fine, as it seems less complicated as the i864. it was clear on the i864 form where and how the joint-sponsor would be visible on the paperwork, but i don't see any place for the joint-sponsor on the i134. is the joint-sponsor the one who fills this out? do i, the petitioner, fill it out and just include evidence from my joint-sponsor's financial history as well?? any info would be helpful!

2.) is there a site that i can visit that will give me more information on obtaining a worker's permit through the JFK airport? i've heard that some individuals are able to receive a worker's permit through this airport sometimes--who has had luck with this? any tips? recommendations? ideas? comments?

thanks in advance, guys! :)

Jessica

August 23, 2010- K1 papers sent to CSC

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

March 7, 2011-Interview--Approved!!

March 11, 2011-Visa in hand

March 22, 2011-Arrived in the US!!!!!

August 22, 2011-Filed for AOS

November 25, 2011-EAD in hand

December 02, 2011-Green Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The I-134 is an individual form. Incomes cannot be comined with the I-134 as is possible with the I-864. The joint sponsor completes a form as well as the petitioner. The joint sponsor's income will have to stand on its own if the petitioner's income is not enough.

The I-94 stamp at JFK is not sufficient for work authorization. That's an old loophole that has been closed. After marriage apply for the EAD along with the adjustment of status. Until the EAD or green card is received the immigrant cannot work legally.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

hey everyone!!

i'm sorting through financial paperwork in preparation for Abdelhay's interview on March 7th, and i've run into a few questions. those of you in the morocco/MENA forums might be able to help me out best!

1.) before we received the 3rd packet, i was planning on and preparing to fill out the i864 form for the affidavit of support--but turns out they want the i134 instead! this is fine, as it seems less complicated as the i864. it was clear on the i864 form where and how the joint-sponsor would be visible on the paperwork, but i don't see any place for the joint-sponsor on the i134. is the joint-sponsor the one who fills this out? do i, the petitioner, fill it out and just include evidence from my joint-sponsor's financial history as well?? any info would be helpful!

2.) is there a site that i can visit that will give me more information on obtaining a worker's permit through the JFK airport? i've heard that some individuals are able to receive a worker's permit through this airport sometimes--who has had luck with this? any tips? recommendations? ideas? comments?

thanks in advance, guys! :)

Jessica

Jessica,

You have to use the I-864 form. It is clear in packet three what you will need. Casablanca will not use the I-134 as you will soon find out in your packet. I also wondered the same before packet three but others will soon tell you the same.

good luck and hope the interview goes smooth and your loved one is home with you a.s.a.p.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:blush: I forgot that Casa was using I-864 with the K petition. Sorry for the misdirection.

Local knowledge is a great thing! :thumbs:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

hey guys--

i actually contacted the embassy by email and they responded, "Dear Madam, Thank you for your email inquiry. Mr. Abdelhay has been scheduled for an interview on 07-MAR-2011. The required affidavit of support is the I-134 Form."

i will for sure double check with the paperwork he received, but if it also says i134, then that's the form i should use, right??

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

Yes, if they are telling you to use the I-134, use that form. From what I understand Casa has gone back and forth on this. Last summer when my husband interviewed we needed the 864. Use the form they are telling you. Good luck!

Jackie

The consulate emailed and said I-134 is what they are requiring "today." I went ahead and prepared both forms...easier and if they change their mind my fiance has both...want to make sure he has proof for anything they throw his way.:P

Jennifer & Salah

February 2010 met on interpals

March 2010 started getting serious

15- 24 June 2010 my first visit to Morocco

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

29 July 2010 I-29F received

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

26 January 2011 NOA2/petition approved

event.png

event.png

hey guys--

i actually contacted the embassy by email and they responded, "Dear Madam, Thank you for your email inquiry. Mr. Abdelhay has been scheduled for an interview on 07-MAR-2011. The required affidavit of support is the I-134 Form."

i will for sure double check with the paperwork he received, but if it also says i134, then thathe form i should use, right??

Jessica,

i also received the same email from the consulate about the I-134 to use. However, a week later another email was sent to me saying the opposite information as they do not update their system when they send these emails out. Now the second email said send in the I-864. Just stay patient and wait for the packet, this is will the actual and correct information you will need to send. If they have changed any info. it will be in packet three.

Timeline

i went ahead and sent the I-134 forms since that's what my email from the consulate and the packet requested!

thanks for taking the time to comment! :) :)

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.