Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe USCIS only gives information to the petitioner, and not the beneficiary. I remember someone in this thread, I believe, that they called USCIS, but because they were the beneficiary, they weren't allowed to receive any information. You might have to have your spouse, the petitioner, email them.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, but it's pretty frustrating because it just feels like an excuse. Anyway, in my case my husband is if anything more upset by the delay than I am. He likes to do constructive things to solve problems, so sending letters and emails that will 99% chance not get any useful reply (based on our experiences so far) is really frustrating to him. He feels helpless and he hates that, so I'm trying to do something to take that on (you know, like how spouses work together), but we can't even do it that way apparently.

I'm just so tired of the utter lack of transparency or accountability. My husband's tried contacting them but it's never been helpful. When our 5 months was up he put in a service request and since then they've pretty much just said it's under review and that they apologize for the delay. How do you "review" something for two months without opening it (still no touches on our file since Nov. 30)? And they might as well not apologize at all for the inconvenience given that they seemingly could not give two craps about it based on the fact that they still haven't worked on it at all.

If I took my paycheck and then told my employer I was "working" on something for months on end with no apparent progress I would be fired. If I tried to buy goods or services and paid for them without getting them and there was no sign of progress from the employees I would dispute the charge and get my money back. Those things are just plain unacceptable. Then at USCIS the only thing they did on time was take our money and since then it's just been the runaround. I feel like, "we won't give information to the beneficiary" is just the latest excuse in a string of useless communication.

USCIS: 220 days

NVC - 53 days

06/28/2011 - Medical appointment

07/04/2011 - Picked up sealed medical envelope

07/05/2011 - Interview date

07/08/2011 - Received visa

NVC case complete to visa - 42 days

Total from NOA1 to visa - 315 days

The I-130 inquiries email replied to the email I sent on Monday with the following:

What. I'm the beneficiary, so I guess maybe they messed up and meant beneficiary when they said petitioner. I didn't say anything about an attorney in the email since we're not using one.

Still nothing from Ms. Barrows.

i got an email from USCIS said that i should receive response at the end of Feb on Monday....... but it's the end of Mar now....sigh....still no NOA2 :crying: :crying:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i got an email from USCIS said that i should receive response at the end of Feb on Monday....... but it's the end of Mar now....sigh....still no NOA2 :crying: :crying:

Hang in there Thuy.Hien... hopefully you'll see your NOA2 any day now! Keep the faith!! :thumbs:

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Erick hi, well thanks, and anyway im happy for you, i sent the expedite letter yesterday and 2 hours later they ask me for a copy of the passport of my daughter, i dont know why , maybe cause i toll then that my baby only have 2 years old and they ask me for prove i dont know, well let see what happen in the next days.

what is a SIF?

Thank you Lara. I'm not sure why they want a copy of the passport. Did you call them and ask why?

Also, huge congrats to Erick for his expedite and everyone that has got SIF, CC in the past couple days. We are almost there everyone, keep your heads up, stay positive, and have faith that all will work out sooner than later.

Thank you Xelance.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, but it's pretty frustrating because it just feels like an excuse. Anyway, in my case my husband is if anything more upset by the delay than I am. He likes to do constructive things to solve problems, so sending letters and emails that will 99% chance not get any useful reply (based on our experiences so far) is really frustrating to him. He feels helpless and he hates that, so I'm trying to do something to take that on (you know, like how spouses work together), but we can't even do it that way apparently.

I'm just so tired of the utter lack of transparency or accountability. My husband's tried contacting them but it's never been helpful. When our 5 months was up he put in a service request and since then they've pretty much just said it's under review and that they apologize for the delay. How do you "review" something for two months without opening it (still no touches on our file since Nov. 30)? And they might as well not apologize at all for the inconvenience given that they seemingly could not give two craps about it based on the fact that they still haven't worked on it at all.

If I took my paycheck and then told my employer I was "working" on something for months on end with no apparent progress I would be fired. If I tried to buy goods or services and paid for them without getting them and there was no sign of progress from the employees I would dispute the charge and get my money back. Those things are just plain unacceptable. Then at USCIS the only thing they did on time was take our money and since then it's just been the runaround. I feel like, "we won't give information to the beneficiary" is just the latest excuse in a string of useless communication.

I completely understand your frustration and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Keep the faith... I'll be praying for you.

Thank you Lara. I'm not sure why they want a copy of the passport. Did you call them and ask why?

Thank you Xelance.

I completely understand your frustration and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Keep the faith... I'll be praying for you.

Good Morning Erick, well i send the copy of the passport and the request again , and yesterday they replay telling me they have my inquiry and is under review, and also they waiting for the aos and the iv package ( maybe they didnt received yet). so a guess they working on that.

Citizenship Journey

06/24/13:Eligibility

07/03/13: Sent package

07/15/13:Fee Waived

07/15/13:Received Noa1 date07/09/13

07/25/13: Received Bio Letter

08/06/13:Appoinment for Bio

08/22/13: In Line

10/04/13scheduled for interview

00/00/13:Received Interview Letter

11/12/13:Interview Date
11/14/13: Sent Oath Ceremony Letter

11/22/13: Oath Ceremony Date

My mother's visa process<p>coming soon!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

How long does the NVC usually take to make a decision on the expedite request? I sent one about 2 weeks ago and i called today and they said to call back next week sometime.

Anyone have anything they can share with me?

How long does the NVC usually take to make a decision on the expedite request? I sent one about 2 weeks ago and i called today and they said to call back next week sometime.

Anyone have anything they can share with me?

hi shawn, i send a request 2 days ago and they email me back saying the request is under review and they waiting for the petitioner to send the AOS and IV package, somebody told me they take about 2 to 3 week ...but another person told me , they wait to complete the case and then they send the request to the consulate so i dont know what to believe

Citizenship Journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

hi shawn, i send a request 2 days ago and they email me back saying the request is under review and they waiting for the petitioner to send the AOS and IV package, somebody told me they take about 2 to 3 week ...but another person told me , they wait to complete the case and then they send the request to the consulate so i dont know what to believe

Thanks for the reply

When I called the NVC, they said my request has been sent to the consulate and they are waiting on there decision on the expedite request. I have already payed the NVC fees and they said to send all the forms and paperwork in just like if there was no expedite request.

So i guess i just wait and call again next week and see if something has changed.

Edited by Shawn H.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if anyone needs the screenshot of the USCIS announcement, you can download it from my photobucket account :)

uscis announcement

go there, and put your mouse over the image. A little menu should pop up...click "file" then click "download" Best of luck to all.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

i didnt email to TSC but i received email from them on Monday and today......it said my case will received response till end of Feb, 2011. i think uscis mess up something. i am waiting for an approve email instead of it :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Thanks for the reply

When I called the NVC, they said my request has been sent to the consulate and they are waiting on there decision on the expedite request. I have already payed the NVC fees and they said to send all the forms and paperwork in just like if there was no expedite request.

So i guess i just wait and call again next week and see if something has changed.

Hi Shawn H. yes every country work different , my country is Dominican republic , they request for the cases to be complete before they expedite a case. they don't allow people to take the documentation to the interview.so im waiting for Tuesday or Wednesday so they can complete my case hopefully . yes call next week i wish you get good news!!!

Citizenship Journey

Hi Shawn H. yes every country work different , my country is Dominican republic , they request for the cases to be complete before they expedite a case. they don't allow people to take the documentation to the interview.so im waiting for Tuesday or Wednesday so they can complete my case hopefully . yes call next week i wish you get good news!!!

hi people, in the automatic of nvc said , the department of visa have received i list of error from march 25 and they tell me to wait 6 to 8 week , are they crazy or what ? is this a mistake?

Citizenship Journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

hi people, in the automatic of nvc said , the department of visa have received i list of error from march 25 and they tell me to wait 6 to 8 week , are they crazy or what ? is this a mistake?

I guess you shouldn't worry about that, it must be an automated message. They must be setting up the system. Keep cool Girl, you're really very close...:thumbs:

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

I guess you shouldn't worry about that, it must be an automated message. They must be setting up the system. Keep cool Girl, you're really very close...:thumbs:

OMG im so scared , sad, i dont even had my breakfast. i think im gonna have to try to be positive but is difficult. thanks for your support .

Citizenship Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.