Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

so our apparent expedite will do nothing for us? Just as I thought :thumbs:

You have to expedite at each step of the way. So once you get a case number, call up NVC and request an expedite like NASCARFAN186 suggested.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am just messing with you Saylin.... I was playing along with CSCTSCCSC... I'm sure he was joking too.

laughing.gif I don't understand why someone thinks I'm slacking. This thread is open in its own tab ALL day on my browser and I refresh it as soon as I get an email notification. As soon as someone is approved or gets a case number, I immediately update the spreadsheet. I don't know what else I can possibly do blink.gif

I am just messing with you Saylin.... I was playing along with CSCTSCCSC... I'm sure he was joking too.

I know you were messing with me. ;) Not quite sure about CSCTSCCSC though blink.gif

Timeline

Exactly. I had heard this before but I wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth.... or was it the horses @$$??? LOL.... either way.... yes, you have to expedite at every step.

You have to expedite at each step of the way. So once you get a case number, call up NVC and request an expedite like NASCARFAN186 suggested.

Edited by NASCARFAN186

Exactly. I had heard this before but I wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth.... or was it the horses @$??? LOL.... either way.... yes, you have to expedite at every step.

rofl.gif I believe it's horse's mouth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know about that...I just meant the part where NVC was supposedly briefed about our cases, like maybe we would get some front of the line card or something haha.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

I know about that...I just meant the part where NVC was supposedly briefed about our cases, like maybe we would get some front of the line card or something haha.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I have no idea about that. With the way things are going, it doesn't look likely that all TSC refugees are gonna have a fast pass or something.

I know you were messing with me. ;) Not quite sure about CSCTSCCSC though blink.gif

I'm joking Saylin at USCIS ... trying to kill time waiting for NVC case number!

You have been doing an excellent job ... and you really do not have to do that.. bless your heart ...

I'm joking Saylin at USCIS ... trying to kill time waiting for NVC case number!

You have been doing an excellent job ... and you really do not have to do that.. bless your heart ...

Ok thank goodness. It actually hurt when you said I was doing worse than USCIS :P That should be a new insult everyone uses. "You're as incompetent as USCIS". Ohhh, I'm totally using that from now on in real life. laughing.gif

Timeline

Yes... I know :rofl: Just trying to be funny....... FAIL!!! lol

rofl.gif I believe it's horse's mouth.

For sure.... me too.

Ok thank goodness. It actually hurt when you said I was doing worse than USCIS :P That should be a new insult everyone uses. "You're as incompetent as USCIS". Ohhh, I'm totally using that from now on in real life. laughing.gif

Timeline

Speaking of spreadsheets.... I don't see my name on the NVC tracker... did I miss it?

Speaking of spreadsheets.... I don't see my name on the NVC tracker... did I miss it?

Ahem. It's there :P Look again please yes.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just got off the phone with a very polite and helpful NVC operator; maybe this info will help some of you.

My case was shipped to NVC on February 16. She said they have received it but it is still being "sorted" and to call back on Monday. I also asked her if my approved expedite from USCIS carries any weight at NVC. After a short period on hold she told me this..... She said that the USCIS expedite is different and does no good at NVC. She said that once I receive my NVC case number that I needed to call back (talk to an operator) and request another expedite. She also told me... "IF" the expedite is approved, they (NVC) will send the petition straight to the Consulate and they (consulate) will continue/finish the process. So.... in a nutshell.... if you have an "approved expedite" from NVC.... they will send it directly to the consulate and you will either send all of your documents to the consulate, or hold on to them and take them with you to the interview. I don't know how many of us can get an expedite at NVC but, we can always throw THIS in their face... especially the part where it says "Additionally, we have briefed the Department of State’s National Visa Center about these cases." Hopefully this helps some of you (us).

:bonk:

Erick,

This is the info i was looking for!!. According to the last email from Mr. Badger (not fermat, lol) today, he forwarded me the email from the Congressional Liaison at NVC that our petition is being expedited to the Embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just got off the phone with a very polite and helpful NVC operator; maybe this info will help some of you.

My case was shipped to NVC on February 16. She said they have received it but it is still being "sorted" and to call back on Monday. I also asked her if my approved expedite from USCIS carries any weight at NVC. After a short period on hold she told me this..... She said that the USCIS expedite is different and does no good at NVC. She said that once I receive my NVC case number that I needed to call back (talk to an operator) and request another expedite. She also told me... "IF" the expedite is approved, they (NVC) will send the petition straight to the Consulate and they (consulate) will continue/finish the process. So.... in a nutshell.... if you have an "approved expedite" from NVC.... they will send it directly to the consulate and you will either send all of your documents to the consulate, or hold on to them and take them with you to the interview. I don't know how many of us can get an expedite at NVC but, we can always throw THIS in their face... especially the part where it says "Additionally, we have briefed the Department of State’s National Visa Center about these cases." Hopefully this helps some of you (us).

:bonk:

Mine was sent the same day as yours and was entered into the system on February 21st, but no case number yet. It is good news they have it though...I am happy about that! She said to allow 4-6 weeks for processing :rofl: suree!!!

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Huh? No I don't have such a cool last name.

Erick,

This is the info i was looking for!!. According to the last email from Mr. Badger (not fermat, lol) today, he forwarded me the email from the Congressional Liaison at NVC that our petition is being expedited to the Embassy.

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.