Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

Almost a week after i replied to RFE, still no approval for me. what should i do now?

We're having the same case...i already replied to RFE, but still no approval maybe, We just have to wait... Hope we could get a good news this week. =) Goodluck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We're having the same case...i already replied to RFE, but still no approval maybe, We just have to wait... Hope we could get a good news this week. =) Goodluck!

I bet that you will have the good news today. :) 28 February is the deadline for this mess at TSC.

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJ Family...so i got a case number.. what do I do now> who can i find the next steps. I did my wife's country qualifies for Electronic Processing.. what do I do now?

waitingondLord... when was your I-130 approved? Did you get your NVC number today?

Hello VJ Family...so i got a case number.. what do I do now> who can i find the next steps. I did my wife's country qualifies for Electronic Processing.. what do I do now?

If you have your case number, call an operator up and ask for the IIIN and give over your email addresses. Then email the template for the DS-3032. Go on the payment portal and if the AOS bill is invoiced, pay it. If your wife is going through the Cuidad Juarez embassy and you have a case number starting with MEP, then yes, you're eligible for EP.

waitingondLord... when was your I-130 approved? Did you get your NVC number today?

You can find that information by looking at their timeline. They got their case number on 2/25.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was approved on the 10 and my case was enterred on the system of NVC the 24th...but I found out the 25

If you have your case number, call an operator up and ask for the IIIN and give over your email addresses. Then email the template for the DS-3032. Go on the payment portal and if the AOS bill is invoiced, pay it. If your wife is going through the Cuidad Juarez embassy and you have a case number starting with MEP, then yes, you're eligible for EP.

You can find that information by looking at their timeline. They got their case number on 2/25.

Saylin... you are always so helpful thanks.. I will do that.. yes and my case starts with MEP..

Saylin... you are always so helpful thanks.. I will do that.. yes and my case starts with MEP..

You're welcome. Then you two can do EP. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife just spoke to Tier 2 officer at USCIS and asked about this email of initial review after approval again.

The officer said that its a system "mess up" and they see our approval status just fine and intact.

Its okay people don't worry..May b monkeys did push some buttons :rofl:

Edited by guyrock

USCIS(223 Days)
07/09/2010: NOA-1
11/02/2010: Petition transferred to Texas Service Center
11/24/2011: Touched
02/17/2011: NOA2
02/22/2011: Received NOA-2 Hard copy
NVC
03/02/2011: File received at NVC
03/08/2011: NVC number assigned,gave email addresses
03/10/2011: Received AOS invoice,IIN,DS-3032COA(filled and submitted via email)

03/12/2011: COA DS 3032 accepted VIA email from NVC
03/14/2011: AOS fee paid
03/15/2011: IV bill invoiced and paid
03/18/2011: IV bill/AOS invoice appears as PAID
03/22/2011: AOS package submitted
03/05/2011: DS-230 package submitted
03/07/2011: received email from NVC -checklist to submit DS230
4/15/2011:SIF/CC
06/17/2011:Interview Date Result(AP)
09/30/2011:VISA/passport received

POE: 01/19/2012/GC Received

Citizenship

04/13/2016:N-400 Packet Sent

05/18/2016: FP

09/27/2016: Interview(Approved)

XX/XX/XX: Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

My daughter's file was touched yesterday too, but ,o status changing. I hope hers will be approved soon. I truly believe there's a wise monkey among them

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Saylin - I am sure this must be covered somewhere, but what advantage would EP give you, besides the known one - quick turnaround? And how do we know which countries participate in it, or is now only Canada and Mexico? Thanks! You are our domain subject matter expert!

You're welcome. Then you two can do EP. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

lucas, your country is not participating in EP, only China, Mexico, Canada, and Uzbekhistan I believe.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there

ok well well me and my wife we are trying to get some paper work ready here for whatever is next

but i have one question on the (Original police certificate(s)) of the beneficiary ( which i think here in Mexico is call antecedentes no penales ) and some of the people here from Mexico

where can you get it and you also have to translate it to English ? thank you in advance

Edited by Brownbear83

06/19/10- NOA1 - Received

11-02-2010 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

Saylin - I am sure this must be covered somewhere, but what advantage would EP give you, besides the known one - quick turnaround? And how do we know which countries participate in it, or is now only Canada and Mexico? Thanks! You are our domain subject matter expert!

I don't know what you mean by 'quick turnaround'. Those doing EP spend about the same amount of time in NVC as those not doing EP. It might have been faster at the beginning when EP was first introduced because there were less emails for NVC to work on, but now there's quite a few countries eligible for EP.

It's not just Canada and Mexico, there's a few others. Link to eligible countries for EP and online forms: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5165.html (table at bottom)

Some pros:

-completely free, compared to paying a bunch of money to send the AOS and IV packages

-NVC receives the email pretty much instantly, instead of a few days compared to snail mail

-the packages can't be lost during a snowstorm or by any other means (I've read stories of FedEx or UPS just randomly losing packages)

-if you find out about an RFE, you can instantly email them what they want

-the consulate/embassy will instantly receive your documents after a CC (this is very good for those that are backed up by mail like Montreal)

Of course, there is a major con as well. You don't get any acknowledgment that NVC actually received your package by email. Yes, you get an auto-response email after you send it, but your email can still be lost within their email servers. As of last Friday, the operator told me they still hadn't received/reviewed my packages and suggested I re-send them (which I did). If NVC can send some kind of email from a real person that NVC did indeed get your package and is now connected with your case, then EP would pretty much be perfect.

lucas, your country is not participating in EP, only China, Mexico, Canada, and Uzbekhistan I believe.

Turkmenistan, actually. You were close :P

Hi there

ok well well me and my wife we are trying to get some paper work ready here for whatever is next

but i have one question on the (Original police certificate(s)) of the beneficiary ( which i think here in Mexico is call antecedentes no penales ) and some of the people here from Mexico

where can you get it and you also have to translate it to English ? thank you in advance

According to http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3622 there are no police records available to Mexico blink.gif I'd ask an operator specifically about this. Have you searched the Mexico portal here on VJ for information?

Also, if you have any documents not in English, you have to provide the original/certified copy not in English plus translations. From http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

According to http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3622 there are no police records available to Mexico blink.gif I'd ask an operator specifically about this. Have you searched the Mexico portal here on VJ for information?

Also, if you have any documents not in English, you have to provide the original/certified copy not in English plus translations. From http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Saylin Thank you very much for the info i'll check around for more info around this forum just like you said :)

06/19/10- NOA1 - Received

11-02-2010 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.