Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

I know exactly how you feel,I got one last week also.You're not alone..

thanks - it's going to be a really tough one for us. they want to see records of my husband's marriage and divorce from the state of alaska going back many years. we have already tried to apply to their records dept for copies of these records but they came back with no trace for both events. So where does that leave us? it's not looking good and we don't don't know where to turn to for help. we have tried all kinds of searches with no results. we will try again but who knows... feeling very low right now. hope you get through your rfe issues. good luck

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

thanks - it's going to be a really tough one for us. they want to see records of my husband's marriage and divorce from the state of alaska going back many years. we have already tried to apply to their records dept for copies of these records but they came back with no trace for both events. So where does that leave us? it's not looking good and we don't don't know where to turn to for help. we have tried all kinds of searches with no results. we will try again but who knows... feeling very low right now. hope you get through your rfe issues. good luck

Hi Debz... wow, came back with no trace? That doesn't sound right!

Have you guys considered hiring an attorney?

wow it has been so quiet. Come on everyone,now that we have approvals and NVC cases we can not leave anyone behind.. we need to be here to support those who supported us at some point.. Didn't we say we were going to stay together until everyone got to the NVC... what about the TSC reunion??? Come on senior members and gold member... let us support and give some love...

Hey some of us are still here!

I got nothin' but luv for my fellow refugees :thumbs:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Hi Debz... wow, came back with no trace? That doesn't sound right!

Have you guys considered hiring an attorney?

Hey some of us are still here!

I got nothin' but luv for my fellow refugees :thumbs:

yes we have an attorney - i have to wait to talk to him today but due to the time difference i have a few more hours to wait. i hope he has some good advice but will keep you all posted

I'm sure your husband already tried, but I know in California, if a divorce is older than a certain number of years (30 yrs I think), you have to go to the ARCHIVES. In San Diego County after a certain nr of years the records are no longer kept in the local court records of where the divorce took place, but are archived to Central Records downtown San Diego. If the State of Alaska does not have the records, you might try to get a notarized statement of that from them.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

Hi Vj family, something happended yesterday with our petition, my husband got a letter saying that our petition is approved, however in the system it is still in acceptance and we never got any email notifiying the approval, any one with the same issue?

I am happy but I dont want to have false expectations :S

Hi Vj family, something happended yesterday with our petition, my husband got a letter saying that our petition is approved, however in the system it is still in acceptance and we never got any email notifiying the approval, any one with the same issue?

I am happy but I dont want to have false expectations :S

The USCIS online system is super screwed up- as long as you got the letter than you are good. Mine was approved last month and just yesterday my case status was reset to 'initial review'. They don't know what they're doing.

yeMBfha.jpg

I'm sure your husband already tried, but I know in California, if a divorce is older than a certain number of years (30 yrs I think), you have to go to the ARCHIVES. In San Diego County after a certain nr of years the records are no longer kept in the local court records of where the divorce took place, but are archived to Central Records downtown San Diego. If the State of Alaska does not have the records, you might try to get a notarized statement of that from them.

thanks - we have already got a statement from juneau records saying they have nothing for the marriage or divorce but uscis weren't having any of that. i think we will try again though with a little more persistence. our lawyer has indicated that a sworn statement from my husband may be enough but i'm not so sure. if you have any more ideas please let me know

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

One government agency does not give a rat's #### about the fuckups of another government agency. That's just the way it is. Don't expect any special treatment at NVC.

I just called NVC to check if my case has arrived. It was a surprising question for an operator, he said: "So you are saying that your case was transferred from Texas Service Center?!" I said yes. He said that it's not typical for them to get cases from Texas and asked me again if I was sure. Yep, Mr. Operator, I have never been so sure in my whole life! :rofl: Well, needless to say that I was also surprised and asked Mr. Operator if he was aware of 36,000 cases that had been transferred from CSC to TSC and all the mess! He said "no, ma'am!" Yes, I figured that... Back to USCIS notice from their website: "Additionally, we have briefed the Department of State's National Visa Center about these cases."

Yes, it proves fruitful! :lol:

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I received a letter in the mail yesterday stating my petition had been transferred to CSC.

Looking forward to the NOA2 hardcopy. I'm not really much for trusting my online case status.

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Hi Lara. Our situation is the same, my USC husband petitioning for my 2 sons, although I am now about to be USC too, done with interview and awaiting my oath-taking.

I don't see any problem in your case since you have approval already. As with NVC, since the USC husband is petitioning your daughter, you have to submit your divorce certificate in the IV packet.

Hope this helps.

hi thanks for your answer, mmm i call and they told me to take the divorce certificate for the interview , because sening fisical documentes to the NVC , can delay the process, and she told me the nvc only need in the ds230 ( birth certificate original from the beneficiary, copy of the passport,2 photos for residence,and the authorization sing from the father, that is in my case) i dont know if i should send that just in case right?

Citizenship Journey

06/24/13:Eligibility

07/03/13: Sent package

07/15/13:Fee Waived

07/15/13:Received Noa1 date07/09/13

07/25/13: Received Bio Letter

08/06/13:Appoinment for Bio

08/22/13: In Line

10/04/13scheduled for interview

00/00/13:Received Interview Letter

11/12/13:Interview Date
11/14/13: Sent Oath Ceremony Letter

11/22/13: Oath Ceremony Date

My mother's visa process<p>coming soon!!

Cases Processed in Delayed Immediate Relative Petitions, (Form I-130) at Texas Service Center

On February 8, USCIS posted a notification regarding the delay in processing approximately 36,000 immediate relative petitions that were transferred from the California Service Center to the Texas Service Center. In that notification, we advised that some cases were transferred back to our California Service Center to take advantage of currently available resources. We also committed to providing you with updates on our progress.

The following update is provided as of February 22, 2011, and reflects the number of cases in this group that have been processed to date by the Texas Service Center and the California Service Center.

Approved Denied Request for Evidence/Intent to Deny Referred to District Office for Interview

18,572 165 6779 4023

We encourage you to continue monitoring the progress of your case by accessing My Case Status online. If you do not see any action on your case, such as an approval, denial or an RFE, by March 1, 2011 you may contact USCIS at:

I-130Inquiries.Tsc@dhs.gov

We remain committed to the prompt resolution of all pending cases and will continue providing you with updates on our progress.

February 8, 2011 - Delayed Immediate Relative Petitions, (Form I-130) at Texas Service Center

Citizenship Journey

Cases Processed in Delayed Immediate Relative Petitions, (Form I-130) at Texas Service Center

On February 8, USCIS posted a notification regarding the delay in processing approximately 36,000 immediate relative petitions that were transferred from the California Service Center to the Texas Service Center. In that notification, we advised that some cases were transferred back to our California Service Center to take advantage of currently available resources. We also committed to providing you with updates on our progress.

The following update is provided as of February 22, 2011, and reflects the number of cases in this group that have been processed to date by the Texas Service Center and the California Service Center.

Approved Denied Request for Evidence/Intent to Deny Referred to District Office for Interview

18,572 165 6779 4023

We encourage you to continue monitoring the progress of your case by accessing My Case Status online. If you do not see any action on your case, such as an approval, denial or an RFE, by March 1, 2011 you may contact USCIS at:

I-130Inquiries.Tsc@dhs.gov

We remain committed to the prompt resolution of all pending cases and will continue providing you with updates on our progress.

February 8, 2011 - Delayed Immediate Relative Petitions, (Form I-130) at Texas Service Center

yeah so!!! they are making it sounds like doing us a favor!!!! this is digusting

yeah so!!! they are making it sounds like doing us a favor!!!! this is digusting

yes, i call to the nvc and they tell me to wait until march 1th for my case number, im tired of this.. i dont want to wait more longer to complete the case , this is horrible, .i just send an email to ncvinquiris

CASE # WAC109014xxxxx

Beneficiary: xxxxxxx xxxx xxx

DOB: xxxxxx

Petitioner:xxxx xxxxx

DOB: xxxxxxx

THIS EMAIL IS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE NVC CASE NUMBER OF THIS CASE TO PROCEED AND SEND THE CHOICE OF AGENT ,IF IS POSSIBLE.

This cases along with 36,000 cases, were transferred from california to texas services center and slept there about 8 month , they promise they going to briefed the department of state's National Visa Center, about this cases. the case of my child was finally after 8 month approved but we haven't received our case number since the notice date was in Feb 11 .

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME..

SINCERELY...

Citizenship Journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

good luck with that email to NVC, I emailed them 3 days ago and I still havent got a response. Emailing them seems to be pointless, unless you want to wait a week or more for a response lol. It is supposedly their preferred method of communication, yet they dont answer your email...hmmm strange.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Wow after 95 days from our NOA2 called NVC this morning and got our case number was really shocked my wife and I were thinking we were never going to get it. Will suprise her tonight with the news hope everyone who has been waiting gets theirs soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.