JohnSmith2007

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl ad

627 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

compare me to inanimate objects,

make frat boy comments about me and my countrymen

make mysogenistic remarks about other women.

moved me from one frozen tundra to another,

validates himself by the way I look

snickers that there are many more women where I come from to add to his shopping cart

He is bald

Do you really equate his living in Vermont an offense along with all the other things you accuse him of?? :unsure:

That would help me understand my inability to find success on US internet dating sites as I live in another of those 'frozen tundras'!! Are American women really so shallow they consider it offensive that a man might live in a place like Vermont or the UP of Michigan? And be bald?

I guess I am lucky my fiancee is moving to a (slightly) warmer locale!!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

........I guess I am lucky my fiancee is moving to a (slightly) warmer locale!!

Yes you are. You have to use what you got. :thumbs:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

one of the only reasons I went with my husband is because he lived in California.. if he lived somewhere colder I wouldn't have moved :whistle:

You joke about this but I was told multiple times by women I met on US internet dating sites that the only reason they did not want to pursue a potential relationship had to do with where I live!!! So yes, many American women really are that shallow!! :yes:

I consider myself fortunate to have discovered an opportunity to find love and be able to also remain where my job and family are. So think twice before you assume you know the reasons anyone may be looking and find love overseas!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You joke about this but I was told multiple times by women I met on US internet dating sites that the only reason they did not want to pursue a potential relationship had to do with where I live!!! So yes, many American women really are that shallow!! :yes:

I consider myself fortunate to have discovered an opportunity to find love and be able to also remain where my job and family are. So think twice before you assume you know the reasons anyone may be looking and find love overseas!

Dating on the internet is more common these days but it's not the only way to meet women. Why go out of your way for a long distance relationship?

Timeline

I'm sorry an American woman did not want to move to where you are...

btw-I was assuming nothing. I based my post on things that have been said many times on VJ and are readily available to see and read & was mainly directed at Gary& Alla; however if you identify with my post...that's cool too!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I don't see a concern for one's eventual destination as shallow, nor that it is confined to 'American women'.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one of the only reasons I went with my husband is because he lived in California.. if he lived somewhere colder I wouldn't have moved :whistle:

you got tired of shoveling snow? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

you got tired of shoveling snow? :P

/tattle tale mode on/

hey Charles....Rob&Mel is posting pics of your legs in the UK forum.:whistle::P[jk]

Edited by tmma

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline

Dating on the internet is more common these days but it's not the only way to meet women. Why go out of your way for a long distance relationship?

Come visit me here and I will show you why. Start with a sparsely populated region, add in prevailing right-wing politics, also a large state engineering university to skew the male/female ratios adversely and you might start to see why local dating is very limited. No problem, there is the internet, right? I did not initially find women willing to even consider moving here. Then I discovered 'international' internet dating! Now I have a wonderful fiancee and we only wait for that K1 visa!!

Timeline

Come visit me here and I will show you why. Start with a sparsely populated region, add in prevailing right-wing politics, also a large state engineering university to skew the male/female ratios adversely ......

And cold weather

Sounds awesome :)

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Come visit me here and I will show you why. Start with a sparsely populated region, add in prevailing right-wing politics, also a large state engineering university to skew the male/female ratios adversely and you might start to see why local dating is very limited. No problem, there is the internet, right? I did not initially find women willing to even consider moving here. Then I discovered 'international' internet dating! Now I have a wonderful fiancee and we only wait for that K1 visa!!

Yeah but trying to get in a position to have a woman you're dating in another state move across country to be with is going to be extremely difficult to say the least (the high failure rate of k1 marriages speaks to that). You'd surely be better off trying to date someone either at work or by meeting them socially or through people you know.

Timeline

I'm sorry an American woman did not want to move to where you are...

btw-I was assuming nothing. I based my post on things that have been said many times on VJ and are readily available to see and read & was mainly directed at Gary& Alla; however if you identify with my post...that's cool too!

I am a little surprised and chagrined by a few things Gary says, though I would like to believe that much of it is to provoke a response.

I identify with the general theme of many of the posts here discussing why an American man might look for a foreign spouse. I identify in particular with the reference to living in the northern US!

Edited by james&olya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

/tattle tale mode on/

hey Charles....Rob&Mel is posting pics of your legs in the UK forum.:whistle::P[jk]

unlikely, my legs are so hairy they look like shag carpeting on a telephone pole.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!