JohnSmith2007

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl ad

627 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Erm... how does that work?

Racist: My best friend is a black man, so I'm obviously no racist but everyone knows most welfare-mooching parasites are black.

Liberal: Actually, you are a racist.

Racist: No, you're a racist! I told you I'm not a racist so obviously I'm not! How dare you not take me at my word and try to judge me by my actions!

can someone direct me to the pic of gary please?

Go to his profile and click on Photos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Erm... how does that work?

It seemed like a understandable comment. If someone cries racism when there wasn't any then IMO the person that cried racism is himself a racists. To me, playing the race card is just as racist as turning someone down for a job based on skin color.

It seemed like a understandable comment. If someone cries racism when there wasn't any then IMO the person that cried racism is himself a racists. To me, playing the race card is just as racist as turning someone down for a job based on skin color.

Yelling "race card!" is just another way "you people" want to silence us and force our acceptance of your vile racist agenda.

Timeline

Racist: My best friend is a black man, so I'm obviously no racist but everyone knows most welfare-mooching parasites are black.

Racist: No, you're a racist! I told you I'm not a racist so obviously I'm not! How dare you not take me at my word and try to judge me by my actions!

How about this one:

person 1: My friend Jim really loves his wifes fried chicken.

person 2: Wait, isn't Jim black? You sound racist to me.

person 1: No, he just likes his wifes fried chicken.

Timeline

Yelling "race card!" is just another way "you people" want to silence us and force our acceptance of your vile racist agenda.

Ok troll boy. Its a good thing I know you are just baiting now. Nice try though.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's not the definition of racism that most people would recognise.

Of course the counter to that argument is that not a few people here deny racism and complain about the "race card", even when the racism is blatant.

Ok troll boy. Its a good thing I know you are just baiting now. Nice try though.

Not a bait. I know lots of white conservatives would like nothing better than to shut up people of color and not have us point out racism when we see it. You people try to accomplish that with that tired "race card!" bit. Well, it's not working because we will still call you people out when you get out of line.

Ok, then your saying that Jackson Lee is just a moron and not a racist moron. I can live with that.

Jackson Lee is an embarrassment.

Timeline

Not a bait. I know lots of white conservatives would like nothing better than to shut up people of color and not have us point out racism when we see it. You people try to accomplish that with that tired "race card!" bit. Well, it's not working because we will still call you people out when you get out of line.

Why do you keep saying "you people" when replying to me? Are you saying I am a racist?

Timeline

There's a lot of double-speak and self-delusion that go on around this subject.

Racism is pretty clear-cut in it's essential meaning.

Someone who uses racial epithets and goes off on a big tirades about racial minorities based on sterotypes is obviously racist. The question as to whether or not something (like an advert) is racist is more difficult to answer because racism can be present without an explicit intent to be racist.

A friend of mine on FB posted this in the last five minutes as this discussion continued. Though he was speaking in a different context, I think it's apt here.

‎"Believe it or not, I want you to succeed" means "I don't want you to succeed, but I can't admit that to either of us..." in the same way that "I'm not a racist, but..." means "I can't own up to my racism." Both expressions also mean, "I consider myself immune to interpretation, and insist on total control over how I'm understood." Good luck with that, chump.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

A friend of mine on FB posted this in the last five minutes as this discussion continued. Though he was speaking in a different context, I think it's apt here.

Yeah a few people do that - of course, you do get others with absolutely dire reading comprehension.

Yeah a few people do that - of course, you do get others with absolutely dire reading comprehension.

Oopsie, I forgot I was on VJ for a moment.blush.giflaughing.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que