JohnSmith2007

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl ad

627 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So what you are saying is that if you were a man from a developing country, say like Ireland, and you married a fat, ugly American woman and moved to, for example, West Virginia that you may not live forever but it would seem that way?

Your font is kind of messed up so I think that is what you are saying, right?

Are you having a specific pop at one of our members here?

btw - you bet I'd be back...what gave it away? When I said 'bbl'?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You must have had some pretty bad experiences to write off the women in your country en masse.

Plenty of people have bad breakups, not many people write off the entire female population of the country as if women in general are somehow to blame for the relationship failures of an individual.

I would be the first to say that there are many great american women! But I would also observe that there are cultural differences between american women and women from other parts of the world that may make foreign women more attractive in ways other than 'hotness'. For me a big turn-off of the stereotypical american woman is their highly developed sense of entitlement. It is so refreshing to be in a relationship where it feels we are both working to make the other happy and see the relationship work! Maybe this is more of a problem for those of us men cursed with higher incomes! :lol: But accusing us of being superficial is ridiculous! I see much more superficiality in the average american I have been involved with than in my russian fiancee!

So Sheila Jackson Lee's point was that the jogger should have been Black

to achieve a more correct racial balance?

I don't see the commercial having any more or less impact whether the

jogger was Black or from any other non-White group.

Yes it does play up to behavioral stereotypes and as such is guilty of being politically incorrect.

To me that is kind of trite rather than a reason for outrage.

I think Tim Burton could have come up with something a lot more entertaining.

I don't think this commercial will be considered memorable or sell more cans of liquid diabetes.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Timeline

I would be the first to say that there are many great american women! But I would also observe that there are cultural differences between american women and women from other parts of the world that may make foreign women more attractive in ways other than 'hotness'. For me a big turn-off of the stereotypical american woman is their highly developed sense of entitlement. It is so refreshing to be in a relationship where it feels we are both working to make the other happy and see the relationship work! Maybe this is more of a problem for those of us men cursed with higher incomes! :lol: But accusing us of being superficial is ridiculous! I see much more superficiality in the average american I have been involved with than in my russian fiancee!

It's not ridiculous when the US partner comes on here calling people who resemble Kim Kardashian fat, how American women are fat, ugly, etc. How women are compared to cars. What on earth is it then?

I have checked the gallery, and good Lord, many non-USC females have earned their gc millions of times over. Bless em.

PS - I appreciate the rest of your post, and don't really have a problem with anything else you said. Thanks for not lumping all USW together.

Is there a stereotypical American woman? What would that be?

To be honest it seems to me that the people who think this way and complain vociferously about the women in their own country (to the point that they quite deliberately and repetitively seek partners from other countries) do so out of personal inadequacy.

:wub:

Will you be my Valentine today, Ron Burgundy?star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is there a stereotypical American woman? What would that be?

To be honest it seems to me that the people who think this way and complain vociferously about the women in their own country (to the point that they quite deliberately and repetitively seek partners from other countries) do so out of personal inadequacy.

:wow:

You complain about generalizations, then you attack using a generalization! I think you are poorly informed on this issue!

I am sure there may be some who fit your generalization, but the people I know don't fit into it at all!! There are many reasons for seeking a partner from another country and personal inadequacy does not need to be invoked! Yes, it exists in some relationships, both domestic and foreign. Why be so critical?