Don and Grace

Help on what to do after NOA2 arrives

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were approved on the 20th of Jan and i received the hard copy of the NOA2 soon after that. A couple days ago i received the NVC notice with the date of Jan 31 on it. Im wanting to know how to proceed from here. What forms does my fiancee need to fill out and is there any more forms for me to fill out as well? So far i have gathered, tax return, bank deposits for the last year, emails between the both of us since filed for the k-1, letter from work, phone records, the replica of the packet i sent with the k-1 plus all receipts, pay stubs from the last 6 months. Am i missing anything? Should i send these things to her ASAP? Do we wait for a letter or anything from the embassy? Can i have her go now and pay the interview fee or should i wait till after i send this to her?

Sorry for so many questions but i want to make sure its done correctly so there are no delays or that its all covered for when she goes to interview. Does she need to do anything else prior to medical and interview or after?

Thanks for any help.

Don

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Form I-134 - affidavit of support. Filled out by USC.

Beneficiary should go online and look at that the embassy requires them to fill out and get done before they can book the interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Congratulations on the NOA2. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Go here and DL the instructions for K1 visa. It tells you everything your fiancée will need and what you need to send her.

http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3224.html

Hope this helps and good luck with her interview.

John

Edited by John+Lourdelie

Timeline

me and my fiance visit the usem last month, they dont accept d160 for K1, they accept form ds 156,156k and 157 ..we have same timeline,,i check the dhl no delivery happens last week,maybe it will next week, nvc says 2 weeks.as what i heard from others you have to wait til the dhl deliver to usem and begin to call or have online appointment for interview and do medical..me and my faince decided to wait the letter ship to usem and start to pay and do interview and medical.

Timeline

I used the DHL trick i found here and managed to find only 1 packet that went to manila according to the date on the NOA2. It said it arrived on the 4th of February. Dont know how reliable that is though. Used the reference code EXP 31 JAN 2011A to find it.

Timeline

Is there anything she needs to bring with her when she goes and pays the fee for interview? Dont know where she is reading but some site she was on said she needs to bring the ds forms with her when she goes and pays and they will stamp those with payment receipt.

Timeline

yes she need to brig the form thats what i know from a friend i met here in vj same timeline but she already pay in BPI and try to do online interview appointment but doesnt work usem has not receive yet..i dont see there is shipment in dhl feb 4 to manila..

Timeline

so go to this site http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackRef

enter your reference code like this. If your NOA2 letter states that it sent off your packet on Feb 4th then the code would be EXP 04 FEB 2011A

Then enter below that some dates to search between.

Using that date code i can see all the packets sent off from the NVC on Feb the 7th. None of which went to manila.

Edited by Don and Grace

Timeline

Since on the hard copy of my NOA2 stated that they sent off the packet on Jan 31st i entered in EXP 31 JAN 2011A as the code and found 1 that went to manila and arrived in manila on the 4th of Feb. But the only way to get this information is to have your hard copy of the NOA2. Without that you cant tell the date the nvc sent the packet off.

We were approved on the 20th of Jan and i received the hard copy of the NOA2 soon after that. A couple days ago i received the NVC notice with the date of Jan 31 on it. Im wanting to know how to proceed from here. What forms does my fiancee need to fill out and is there any more forms for me to fill out as well? So far i have gathered, tax return, bank deposits for the last year, emails between the both of us since filed for the k-1, letter from work, phone records, the replica of the packet i sent with the k-1 plus all receipts, pay stubs from the last 6 months. Am i missing anything?

- dont forget pictures, the i-134.. :)

Should i send these things to her ASAP? - Yes

Do we wait for a letter or anything from the embassy? - You will receive a letter but you don't need to wait for it, as long as you have your manila case number

Can i have her go now and pay the interview fee or should i wait till after i send this to her? -if you have the mnl case number you can pay

Sorry for so many questions but i want to make sure its done correctly so there are no delays or that its all covered for when she goes to interview. Does she need to do anything else prior to medical and interview or after? - have a lot of 2x2 photos taken :) after the interview attend cfo

i have link on my signature you can use for reference

Thanks for any help.

Don

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

We were approved on the 20th of Jan and i received the hard copy of the NOA2 soon after that. A couple days ago i received the NVC notice with the date of Jan 31 on it. Im wanting to know how to proceed from here. What forms does my fiancee need to fill out and is there any more forms for me to fill out as well? So far i have gathered, tax return, bank deposits for the last year, emails between the both of us since filed for the k-1, letter from work, phone records, the replica of the packet i sent with the k-1 plus all receipts, pay stubs from the last 6 months. Am i missing anything? Should i send these things to her ASAP? Do we wait for a letter or anything from the embassy? Can i have her go now and pay the interview fee or should i wait till after i send this to her?

Sorry for so many questions but i want to make sure its done correctly so there are no delays or that its all covered for when she goes to interview. Does she need to do anything else prior to medical and interview or after?

Thanks for any help.

Don

Click this link http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf and u will see the sample letter ur fiancee will receive from the embassy.Here u can see what she needs to provide on the day of her interview..And u may not wait for the letter coz it takes 2 weeks or more before she will be able to receive it.As long as u have ur manila case number and ur file has been entered into their system, u can schedule the interview.You can do it by calling their call center or online.I suggest u do online.Its so easy..heres the link

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

And u can pay the visa application even if she has not received anything yet.All she need to show at BPI is a copy of her passport..

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

Thanks for any help.

Don

congratulations...time will be moving fast now..i guess all your questions wer answered but if you have some questions feel free to ask...im from the Philippines too currently here now in US :)

On the embassy website it says something about the ds-160 form being required now. Does that need to be done? I have read here that its not requirement.

K-1ers do not use the DS-160. K-1ers need two copies of the DS-156, two copies of the DS-157, and one copy of the DS-156K.

Is there anything she needs to bring with her when she goes and pays the fee for interview? Dont know where she is reading but some site she was on said she needs to bring the ds forms with her when she goes and pays and they will stamp those with payment receipt.

When she pays the visa fee at BPI, she will need her passport, a copy of the biographical page of her passport, and $350 in Philippine Pesos.

Click this link http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf and u will see the sample letter ur fiancee will receive from the embassy.Here u can see what she needs to provide on the day of her interview..And u may not wait for the letter coz it takes 2 weeks or more before she will be able to receive it.As long as u have ur manila case number and ur file has been entered into their system, u can schedule the interview.You can do it by calling their call center or online.I suggest u do online.Its so easy..heres the link

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

And u can pay the visa application even if she has not received anything yet.All she need to show at BPI is a copy of her passport..

^^^This is very good advice. Also, thank you for posting the link to the eligibility letter from the U.S. Embassy.

Note: some people never receive the letter from the Embassy telling them they are eligible to schedule an interview. So, it's a good idea not to wait forever for the letter. Instead, simply call the Embassy (or it's call center) and ask them if your packet is entered into their system already. If your packet is entered into their system, you can schedule an interview once you pay the visa fee.

Timeline

Thanks for the help :thumbs:

So i had her start filling out the paperwork last night. I told her she needs at least 2 copies of each form. Perhaps i will tell her to print 3 of each to be safe. I also told her she needed at least 6 2x2 passport photos should i tell her to have more of those? What the best way to send the packet to her? There is LBC office here or DHL. Where she lives there is no FEDEX. Only place i know of there is LBC. When she sent me her paperwork for the filing she sent through LBC and it arrived here from DHL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.