pinpoint

is my income adequate enough?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aren't we prodding a little for information that isnt our business. It is very possible to have that mortgage if he changed jobs, lost pay, had someone else on the loan, or that is a 1st and 2nd together.

Wolf

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Aren't we prodding a little for information that isnt our business. It is very possible to have that mortgage if he changed jobs, lost pay, had someone else on the loan, or that is a 1st and 2nd together.

Wolf

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

My pm to pinpoint, was to clarify his income was adequate, based upon the posts by:john_and_marlene. I asked him to advise about any children he may have.

In other words, to ensure our original advice was accurate.

His mortgage really is his business, I was just curious on that. He chose not to respond. It's all good.

Edited by William33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello all, it's just me and my fiancee, i'm divorced with no kids.. - pin

Wolf

yup along those lines wolf mentioned - pin

Edited by pinpoint

It is enough income.

I am curious how you qualified for a mortgage that consumes 60% of your income, highly irregular. Thought they did not exceed 40%.

LOL WILLIAM. I'm in the mortgage/banking busuness and was wondering the same thing. Shoot me a PM pipoint maybe I can lower that rate for you. ;)

I sent a pm to pinpoint a while ago about more info. Not sure where he/she went.

Dean, is 40% accurate? I think that was the basis of my loan.

Yes, 40% is a good rule of thumb. There are programs that will allow people to exceed that depending on strength of credit and assets. We have programs here for instance that will allow 50% for all debts including the mortgage. There are also stated income loans where you simply state your income, but do not have to document it, which is good for self employed people or people that have cash income that is hard to document.

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

If I lived in Alaska, single with 5 or 6 kids... I would be looking at an employment visa to find someone willing to be a live in housekeeper/nanny for cheap!

As for income requirements I briefly looked at them knowing I made more than enough. From what I saw it seemed like most things the government offers.... You have to be practically homeless to qualify or in this case disqualified.

I think in most cases the petitioner, being able to afford to fly to the beneficiarie's country and have some sort of vacation there, probably makes enough money to qualify.

Even the person that was 18 had his parents to help him out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.