Hi all... starting my journey

113 posts in this topic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What is the northern most state in the lower 48?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

In other words, the second-most northern state.

I hate these kinds of questions that use most whatever, and then qualify with "lower 48", or "except Alaska and Hawaii". They should just say second-most whatever fact they are interested in.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
In other words, the second-most northern state.

I hate these kinds of questions that use most whatever, and then qualify with "lower 48", or "except Alaska and Hawaii". They should just say second-most whatever fact they are interested in.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Well, thats why it is called trivia. It is trivial knowledge that means jack. Its impractical as hell. Much like calling Alaska the 'eastern most' state. Yes, based on longitude it is, but direction is purely relative to where you are, no matter what old mariners decided 100's of years ago when they placed Grenich as the 'center of the world'. It was given as a reference point, not meant to be relative. You aren't going to tell me you are going to travel east to the Rat islands from Anchorage?

Most people do not know that Minnesota extends north of the 49th parallel. Just a brain teaser.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Well, thats why it is called trivia. It is trivial knowledge that means jack. Its impractical as hell. Much like calling Alaska the 'eastern most' state. Yes, based on longitude it is, but direction is purely relative to where you are, no matter what old mariners decided 100's of years ago when they placed Grenich as the 'center of the world'. It was given as a reference point, not meant to be relative. You aren't going to tell me you are going to travel east to the Rat islands from Anchorage?
Well, by that standard, there is no "easternmost", as no matter where you are, you can always go east, relative to where you are. Same for "westernmost". You can always just keep going and going and going. Therefore, by that standard, every point on earth is both east and west of every other point (exceptions can be applied at the poles, depending on the logic you choose), and therefore it's meaningless to say that "this point is east of that point", as it's just as equally "west of that point". Seems rather ridiculous to me - probably why "they" set up a point of reference, eh? All hail the Prime Meridian (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

I like "GMT" also!

edited: That's "Zulu" for all you military-types out there!

further edited: Maybe someday we'll all go to using GMT for important times.... hell, we may as well use the metric system while we're at it!!!

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow...only two K1's per lifetime now...

if only it were easier for ya'll to use a fiance visa as a dating mechanism....

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Do you really believe everyone in here is using a K1 as a 'dating mechanism' ?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Timeline

No but when people caution others ... when they are on their way to meet the girls waiting for them...that they can ONLY get 2 k1's...sounds fishy.

Keep in mind that now, thanks to something called IMBRA, there's a limitation on the number of K-1's you can file in a lifetime, and that limit is TWO or one within TWO years without a waiver of these requirements.

So if you K-1 with this woman, and it doesn't work out, you will either need to wait two years to try another K-1 (if you are using the K-1 as a "trial") or apply for a waiver.

The IMBRA waiver is a very new thing, so no one knows how many of these can be or will be granted. If you apply for the waiver on the basis of "my K-1 was a trial marriage, but we didn't work out so I sent her back home to Russia", I'd bet your waiver would be declined.

Think LONG and HARD before you K-1 someone just on the basis of a "trial before marriage". Another possibility if you don't want to go to Russia, is to meet her in a 3rd country that she can travel to on her Russian passport.

Just an idea you might want to look into. But the K-1 is really not a "try before you buy" kind of Visa, so keep that in mind as well.

This sounds like he is talking someone out of using a K1 as a dating mechanism...

sorry if i read it wrong

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

That would be nice!

It sure is expensive going to-and-from Russia to meet girls. It sucks that I have to narrow the 34 women that I've "added to cart" on my website down to just two... and in a whole lifetime!

Maybe there would be an easier way.... like if they were ALLOWED to come visit me without having to get a fiancee visa. Or, maybe if I was ALLOWED to visit them without getting a tourist visa. Or maybe if our countries hadn't been INVOLVED IN A COLD WAR FOR 45 YEARS!!!!!

OR MAYBE IF THEY WERE FROM AUSTRALIA!!!!!!

Walk a mile in our shoes before you complain about the fit/feel of them.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Well....not everyone goes out LOOKING for Australian men like some do Russian women.

There's no

www.aussiemen.com website.

want to add - I'm not talking about you necessarily....but can you deny that there are men on this board that go out SPECIFICALLY in search of Eastern European women??

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
but can you deny that there are men on this board that go out SPECIFICALLY in search of Eastern European women??
Maybe they're just specifically AVOIDING American women....

Cheers!

AKDiver

Timeline

Oh man... there really is an aussiemen.com website... :unsure::o:wacko:

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.