ual777

Should the TSA be allowed to profile?

Should the TSA be allowed to profile at the airport?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should the TSA be allowed to profile?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.

52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2-1 for, until a certain group shows up to skew it :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1) Yes a country has the right to defend itself.

2) Currently the main threat seems to be coming from "Muslim" radicals.

So profiling may be an adequate temporary measure.... But what happens when the threat is over?

Filed: Timeline

So profiling may be an adequate temporary measure.... But what happens when the threat is over?

oh really? explain the kids last week with the Dynmite candles.. :huh:

what about them Tim Mc veigh types..< OK city bombing > its not all muslims..

I propose TSA add Looking for " Skinny- whitemen with beady eyes " to the list of Racial profiling.

oh I think alll White men with blonde hair with blue eyes.. go ahead and profile them too..

they could be radicals of a diffrent kind..

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

But what happens when the threat is over?

Threat will be over when all of them or all of us are dead.

Exactly, the only way world peace or any kind of peace will ever happen in this world, is if you take every person off the world, then there will be peace, if there are people on the world, there will be wars, terrorism, etc.. it doesn't matter what race, ethnicity, culture, country, or creed....that is just the way it has been from the beginning of history and I am sure it will be that way until the end of history.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

I worked for an airline from 1984-1988... if anyone paid cash for their ticket, traveled on a one way ticket, and checked a bag, their ID was checked (this was WAY before IDs were checked as a rule) and their bag was searched. That was the 'profile' we were on the look out for in those days. Bit different now.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

I worked for an airline from 1984-1988... if anyone paid cash for their ticket, traveled on a one way ticket, and checked a bag, their ID was checked (this was WAY before IDs were checked as a rule) and their bag was searched. That was the 'profile' we were on the look out for in those days. Bit different now.

this is true.. but as years progressed we also screend those that a certain bag tag number.

example all those ending in say 00 or 01.. plus the automated bag tag system did it randomly

making those select passengers. unless they are ON the plane.. their luggage never got on the plane.

shon.gif

Timeline

I propose TSA add Looking for " Skinny- whitemen with beady eyes " to the list of Racial profiling.

I think we have to be honest that the specific threat of the last 6 years stems from a fairly clear source (in geographical terms).

As I said, I don't too much about what is involved as regards "profiling", but clearly there is the potential for outright discrimination - which is why I'm not convinced that it should be anything more than a temporary measure.

Edited by erekose

...As I said, I don't too much about what is involved as regards "profiling", but clearly there is the potential for outright discrimination - which is why I'm not convinced that it should be anything more than a temporary measure.

So what event, in your opinion, should mark the end of this temporary profiling?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I have no problem with having my bags checked or shoes taken off or bags swiped. TSA states that any bags are subject to search. As long as the people who are being checked are treated in a calm and professional matter, who cares.

Timeline

...As I said, I don't too much about what is involved as regards "profiling", but clearly there is the potential for outright discrimination - which is why I'm not convinced that it should be anything more than a temporary measure.

So what event, in your opinion, should mark the end of this temporary profiling?

I don't know, which is also why I questioned what happens when the perceived threat is over.

Clearly however, there is a threat from nationals of, or those with affiliations to certain middle-eastern and asian countries.

Edited by erekose

I think we have to be honest that the specific threat of the last 6 years stems from a fairly clear source (in geographical terms).

As I said, I don't too much about what is involved as regards "profiling", but clearly there is the potential for outright discrimination - which is why I'm not convinced that it should be anything more than a temporary measure.

you have Discovery Times Channel at home? I would seriously recommend you calling your

cable or statillite provider. there are some programms on there that are very interesting.

get this.. the terrors are told from birth their mission in life. these people can hold an idea in their

heads forever!!!! no matter how much they blend they still have the mission in their minds. thats how its work. plus the added bonus of heaven and a good life for their family.

CNN is doing a special on ben laddin....

shon.gif