SF2007

K1 Interview in Montréal

20 posts in this topic

Ok I have some dumb questions! I got my package on Friday (Pkt3) and I am confused about some of the forms I am sending to them. The DS-156 and DS-160 are electronic, from what I have done. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. While the rest (DS-230 and DS-156K) are print-out and get mailed out with the signed checklist and 2 photographs.

So I registered with the DHL last night. Do they contact me to pick up the forms I send out? Further, do I send it to the address on the envelope? Or do I send it here:

Consulate General of the United States of America

1155, rue Saint-Alexandre, Montreal, QC H3B 3Z1 Canada

I feel confused and want to do it right, so I can get onto Pkt4 and my interview!

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are registering with DHL so the consulate can mail your visa and passport when once you are approved. You mail them your Packet 3 to rue Saint-Alexandre however you want, bunch of us lately used Xpresspost.

You print out both DS-156 (2 copies) and DS-160 as well. If you sent yourself the email confirmation for DS-160, you can print that one instead. Otherwise, log back on and print the confirmation page.

Here's the link to their website for the list of documents to provide (you didn't mention the biographic data photocopy of your passport and you do need to provide it):

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3

Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

I posted, or so I thought! And I can't find my post.

Alright, I got my Pkt3 on Friday! Exciting!! But I am not great with paperwork, so I have questions.

1. The forms I need to mail to the Montreal Consulate are: DS-230; DS-156k; signed checklist of documents; 2 colour photographs and colour photograph of my passport.

2. The forms that electronically get sent to the Montreal Consulate are: DS-156 and DS-160. The DS-156 specifically states not to print the form.

Now, I have a basic birth certificate, my parents names are not on it. I was going to get the long one, do you know if that is extra work I do not really need to do?

As well, has anyone tried switching to the Vancouver Consulate, whose wait times are 4 weeks and not 3 months? Do you know if you hurt yourself by doing this?

Any advice/information is tremendously appreciated!!!

~Xine

The long form of the birth certificate with the information about the parents is required.

As far as I know, you do not get to simply switch consulates because one's faster. It all depends on where the beneficiary is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The only thing I can offer for all your questions is that a transfer to Vancouver is not possible unless you live west of Manitoba - they simply don't do it :(

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.