sarah and hicham

I have a question for you gals

410 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
actually i think i feel a little intolerance from alot of people in the MENA rooms cos i am different. i have different opinions about things. i have said this many times i believe in heaven we are going to be very surprised. i believe there is alot of good godly muslim people jewish people and christian people. i have said this before. i only have been to a muslim country 1 time but found them to be great people and treated me wonderful. but as far as following a religion i choose christianity.

To each is own...you have right to your beliefs... :D

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

well sorry you feel that way.. i was just being honest in comparison. that is honestly how i looked at it when i studied it. i dont understand why you would say something about my fiances soul. that is up to God. are you saying because i dont believe in muhammed being a true prophet that my fiances soul goes to hell? if that is the case add that to my list of why i would never become a muslim. when u think about it... it is no different than a muslim saying that Jesus isnt the son of God. i have had muslims say that to me but no hard feelings. they have to answer for that to God one day not to me. so sorry and no hard feelings.

Am I saying because you dont believe in muhammed being a true prophet that your fiances soul goes to hell?

No, I know I made it clear in my post that you are nore required to believe, but you are not allowed to demean the faith either, if you do so, then, yes, your husband may well answer for marriage to someone who dislikes Islam. It is not the same as Muslims saying to you that Jesus is not the sone of God; no Muslim would demean Jesus. We respect and revere Jesus. You are obviously repulsed by the Prophet Muhammad, and your attitude reeks of kafir tendencies, one who is hostile to Islam.

. . . But hold not to the guardianship of kafir women: Ask for what you have spent on their dowers, and let the kufar ask for what they have spent on the dowers of women who come over to you. Such is the command of God. He judges with justice between you. And God is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom. 60:10

He will answer to that, not to us. Unless you are a very selfish and self-centered woman, you should see that you have a responsibilty to accept and uplift his faith in Islam as he has a responsibility to accept you as a Christian. Your posts don't demonstrate an ability to do so.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

actually i think i feel a little intolerance from alot of people in the MENA rooms cos i am different. i have different opinions about things. i have said this many times i believe in heaven we are going to be very surprised. i believe there is alot of good godly muslim people jewish people and christian people. i have said this before. i only have been to a muslim country 1 time but found them to be great people and treated me wonderful. but as far as following a religion i choose christianity.

EVERYBODY here has different opinions about things; that doesn't make you special. But you want others to accept you even as you attack what they hold dear. What kind of a reaction do you expect when you add to what you see as intolerance on this board? BTW, the Quran SAYS that there will be Muslims, Jews and Christians in heaven; no news there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Even if you were previously a Christian that doesn't mean you can know everything about the religion. When you get down to it, alot of what we hear and see about religion is a matter of opinion and translation. Neither Christianity or Islam is 100% clear.

The fact is there are many translations out there and many "scholors" of both religions teaching what their understanding is of that religion. I also get irritated when a question is asked and answered with a website. I have read books about Islam, some of which challenge Christianity. I can also read books about Christianity where is Islam is challenged. Depends on whose point of view it is. I would not expect a Muslim Scholor to write a book about Christianity that would agree with the view points of Christians and vice-versa.

There are 2 women here, SZSZ and Lostinlove, whose posts I take the most seriously. Not only because they were born Muslim, but it is also a part of the history. Learning the Quran in English is not the same as learning it in Arabic, which is the only form it should be in.

The funny part about it, is when ever a question is asked about Islam, all the converts or reverts, jump to answer right away without looking at all view points and alot of the time those answers seem snippy and condecending. I have never felt that by looking at posts from SZSZ or Lostinlove. Actually if you look at the original post, you will notice the first handful of answers are all different. I was actually impressed and relieved when Lostinlove posted that she would research it and come back to answer.

Some poeple think this is some kind of fighting thread. Not every thread needs to be about well-wishing and countdowns. There is alot of concrete information that comes out of threads like this and I for one appreciate them alot. We definitly don't have to agree and I can always agree to disagee. I think its great when we talk about stuff that has some acutal content. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

well obviously i am not very popular among this forum. i am sorry that you think i am so against you. i just thought i should state why i dont agree with islam. i cant see muhammed as a prophet because it does not say so in the bible. it is not disrespect it is honesty on my part. if samir wants to call him a prophet that is fine. he can do what he wants. it is no different than when a muslim does not call Jesus as the son of God. we get offended when he is called a prophet. but the fact is that the one thing samir and i do agree on is God and samir is a great guy because he really feels that he does what God wants. that is alot more than what i can say for alot of people i know.he might be muslim but he prays everyday and enjoys it, is always thinking of others, and loves other people more than himself. so if muhammed makes him a good man then i say let him. its is between samir and God. again no hard feelings. i wont mention this again.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Even if you were previously a Christian that doesn't mean you can know everything about the religion. When you get down to it, alot of what we hear and see about religion is a matter of opinion and translation. Neither Christianity or Islam is 100% clear.

The fact is there are many translations out there and many "scholors" of both religions teaching what their understanding is of that religion. I also get irritated when a question is asked and answered with a website. I have read books about Islam, some of which challenge Christianity. I can also read books about Christianity where is Islam is challenged. Depends on whose point of view it is. I would not expect a Muslim Scholor to write a book about Christianity that would agree with the view points of Christians and vice-versa.

There are 2 women here, SZSZ and Lostinlove, whose posts I take the most seriously. Not only because they were born Muslim, but it is also a part of the history. Learning the Quran in English is not the same as learning it in Arabic, which is the only form it should be in.

The funny part about it, is when ever a question is asked about Islam, all the converts or reverts, jump to answer right away without looking at all view points and alot of the time those answers seem snippy and condecending. I have never felt that by looking at posts from SZSZ or Lostinlove. Actually if you look at the original post, you will notice the first handful of answers are all different. I was actually impressed and relieved when Lostinlove posted that she would research it and come back to answer.

Some poeple think this is some kind of fighting thread. Not every thread needs to be about well-wishing and countdowns. There is alot of concrete information that comes out of threads like this and I for one appreciate them alot. We definitly don't have to agree and I can always agree to disagee. I think its great when we talk about stuff that has some acutal content. :star:

As i stated I am NOT a scholar (in any religion) or a historian...so all my thoughts are based on what I have learned from people and reading.Also as I said, when I have resources to post, I will post them... to be more clear and precise.Thank you.

EVERYBODY here has different opinions about things; that doesn't make you special. But you want others to accept you even as you attack what they hold dear. What kind of a reaction do you expect when you add to what you see as intolerance on this board? BTW, the Quran SAYS that there will be Muslims, Jews and Christians in heaven; no news there.

Well I donnot know about others, but I love you...and am tolerate of all peoples...no matter the colour, religion or gender... And finally your religion and/or lifestyle is between you and God...not anyone here.Thank u

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
well sorry you feel that way.. i was just being honest in comparison. that is honestly how i looked at it when i studied it. i dont understand why you would say something about my fiances soul. that is up to God. are you saying because i dont believe in muhammed being a true prophet that my fiances soul goes to hell? if that is the case add that to my list of why i would never become a muslim. when u think about it... it is no different than a muslim saying that Jesus isnt the son of God. i have had muslims say that to me but no hard feelings. they have to answer for that to God one day not to me. so sorry and no hard feelings.

Am I saying because you dont believe in muhammed being a true prophet that your fiances soul goes to hell?

No, I know I made it clear in my post that you are nore required to believe, but you are not allowed to demean the faith either, if you do so, then, yes, your husband may well answer for marriage to someone who dislikes Islam. It is not the same as Muslims saying to you that Jesus is not the sone of God; no Muslim would demean Jesus. We respect and revere Jesus. You are obviously repulsed by the Prophet Muhammad, and your attitude reeks of kafir tendencies, one who is hostile to Islam.

. . . But hold not to the guardianship of kafir women: Ask for what you have spent on their dowers, and let the kufar ask for what they have spent on the dowers of women who come over to you. Such is the command of God. He judges with justice between you. And God is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom. 60:10

He will answer to that, not to us. Unless you are a very selfish and self-centered woman, you should see that you have a responsibilty to accept and uplift his faith in Islam as he has a responsibility to accept you as a Christian. Your posts don't demonstrate an ability to do so.

first of all i think you are gong way overboard when you say that i am repulsed by muhammed. i think you are twisting it maybe not on purpose but, because have upset you. i am not repulsed by muhammed. and hostile towards islam? i dont understand how you can say i am hostile? dont you think you are going a little overboard? i would never be hostile towards islam.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

As i stated I am NOT a scholar (in any religion) or a historian...so all my thoughts are based on what I have learned from people and reading.Also as I said, when I have resources to post, I will post them... to be more clear and precise.Thank you.

Even a sholor or priest is teaching their understanding of it. If you post a resouce that says A, I can post one that says B. Please don't take it the wrong way, but what you consider to be a valid and trusted source of information can also be considered otherwise by someone else.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.