sarah and hicham

I have a question for you gals

410 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The excuses that people come up with to justify being mean really astound me, honestly. I am proud to be a member of the fluffy kitten, giggles and rainbows, blowing sunshine up your ###, or whatever exaggeration people who want to be rude can come up with to try to make themselves feel better.

Since when did just being nice become a negative thing?

If you think I'm mean, that's fine with me. I am actually one of the nicest people you will ever meet and I'm sure there are many members here who can attest to that. Just because I disagree with what you say doesn't make me mean.

Again, this fight was picked with me by one of the beloved members of the click, so I'm not surprised at all that I'm being attacked for responding. I'm not staying quiet to this B.S. anymore. :no:

I never directed my post to you, JP. I was speaking generally. Where in this thread have you disagreed with what I've said? I haven't really said much of anything.

And as for the "who started it" angle, does it really matter?

Its quite clear that my original comments in this thread are the ones that have stirred it up for lack of a better word. When I say disagree with what you say, I mean our view points are different.

It absoulutly does matter who started it. I didn't come on here attacking anyone. I got attacked in return for that. Being depressed doesn't give you a license to attack people and then say in return, oh well I'm just not myself. I have stood by and watched this happen all too much and have also watched people defend that like there is no tomorrow.

I am not the only person that feels this way. I have about 10 people on my messenger list from VJ all of which share my feelings, I just happen to be more vocal than others. I didn't come on here trying to start a war, but go back and read what originally happened and maybe you will understand where I am coming from. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The excuses that people come up with to justify being mean really astound me, honestly. I am proud to be a member of the fluffy kitten, giggles and rainbows, blowing sunshine up your ###, or whatever exaggeration people who want to be rude can come up with to try to make themselves feel better.

If you think I'm mean, that's fine with me. I am actually one of the nicest people you will ever meet and I'm sure there are many members here who can attest to that. Just because I disagree with what you say doesn't make me mean.

Again, this fight was picked with me by one of the beloved members of the click, so I'm not surprised at all that I'm being attacked for responding. I'm not staying quiet to this B.S. anymore. :no:

I never directed my post to you, JP. I was speaking generally. Where in this thread have you disagreed with what I've said? I haven't really said much of anything.

Its quite clear that my original comments in this thread are the ones that have stirred it up for lack of a better word. When I say disagree with what you say, I mean our view points are different.

It absoulutly does matter who started it. I didn't come on here attacking anyone. I got attacked in return for that. Being depressed doesn't give you a license to attack people and then say in return, oh well I'm just not myself. I have stood by and watched this happen all too much and have also watched people defend that like there is no tomorrow.

I am not the only person that feels this way. I have about 10 people on my messenger list from VJ all of which share my feelings, I just happen to be more vocal than others. I didn't come on here trying to start a war, but go back and read what originally happened and maybe you will understand where I am coming from. :star:

Again, I just made a general comment. What made me think of it was actually moody's post that it was refreshing to see people expressing themselves openly rather than blowing sunshine up eachother's asses. What I saw was anything but refreshing, instead feelings being hurt, and arguing just for the sake of it.

Timeline

There is absoulutly nothing wrong with seeking medical help for a situation that severe. To tell a person otherwise (not you moody) with be a very selfish act. Do people enjoy hearing drama this much?

Ok, I guess by "not you moody", you mean "you jenn3539". I never said that there is anything wrong with seeking medical help. I said that I had no desire to turn to meds, knowing that it would pass. And how is it selfish to give an opinion of what you personally would do when asked?

Did I say Jenn3539? There are several people on this forum that share your feelings, I was directing my comment to anyone that doesn't understand why I feel that way. THe only reason I said , not you moody, was because I realized I was quoting her in my response.

What I think is selfish, is letting a person come everyday to hear their drama, instead of telling them they should seek professional help. What is it about the words "professional help" that upsets everyone? It doesn't mean to go check yourself into a clinic, it means see a doctor.

I also have no desire at this point to turn to meds and trust me there are some days where I do need them. However my situation has not become a daily thing yet. I respect your decision not seek meds, but part of being a support group is to see the tell-tale signs of real depression.

Again, I just made a general comment. What made me think of it was actually moody's post that it was refreshing to see people expressing themselves openly rather than blowing sunshine up eachother's asses. What I saw was anything but refreshing, instead feelings being hurt, and arguing just for the sake of it.

That comment was made when we were still on the topic of the orginal thread, I do think its refreshing to have a serious debate. I actually laughed when I read "blowing sunshine up each other's asses" because I totally got what she was saying. It wan't meant to be an insult.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Yes, I said that but I also said if it's done tastefully meaning non combatively. I didn't say it's refreshing to rip on each other or make derogatory comments. I cannot stand it when I stand by and listen to garbage and then hear others say..oh that's wonderful...kudos for you! BS! If something rubs me the wrong way I say something about it..just as you're doing now. I don't take offense that you're drawing attention to something I've said or that you disagree. How boring would it be if we all agreed with each other all the time. It's nice when we find a group of ladies with similar interests and ideas but within that you'll always have instances where ppl don't agree. We're humans for God's sakes..not cookie cutter copies of each other.

Timeline
Being depressed doesn't give you a license to attack people and then say in return, oh well I'm just not myself.

I have been one to use this excuse and I agree it is not a good one. :blush:

VP, one thing I can definitly say about you is that even though we do have our disagreements from time to time and they are usually about religion, you never have a problem admitting when you have done something wrong which I think is a great quality.

I know you have endured your fair share of attacks and you handle them quite well considering the amount of pressure you are under. I will also add that you should be an example to others because you realize that when you are going to open a controversial subject you know there is going to be lots of "replies" and you always stick to your guns and remain civil. :star:

**Some people on here may not like her views, but you have to admit she handles herself very well in those situations. If you want some examples of this, go look at OT and you will see what I am saying.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
That comment was made when we were still on the topic of the orginal thread, I do think its refreshing to have a serious debate. I actually laughed when I read "blowing sunshine up each other's asses" because I totally got what she was saying. It wan't meant to be an insult.

I don't know, I'm all confused now. Honestly, I was not trying to attack you. I also enjoy serious debate. I don't enjoy arguing though, especially when I see that one side is really taking it more to heart than the other. There seem to be too many things that are coming between the MENA girls as of late.

Timeline

I don't know, I'm all confused now. Honestly, I was not trying to attack you. I also enjoy serious debate. I don't enjoy arguing though, especially when I see that one side is really taking it more to heart than the other. There seem to be too many things that are coming between the MENA girls as of late.

Ok Jenn, I know your not trying to attack me. But this started as a "situation" between myself and only one other member. Since yourself along with the many others have decided to add your 2 cents in a personal argument or whatever you want to call it, this is why I am responding to you.

I honestly have no beef with you or anyone else that reponded, but perhaps it would be better if people didn't get involved in other peoples battles which often times shows that you are "picking sides" for lack of a better word. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Yes, I said that but I also said if it's done tastefully meaning non combatively. I didn't say it's refreshing to rip on each other or make derogatory comments. I cannot stand it when I stand by and listen to garbage and then hear others say..oh that's wonderful...kudos for you! BS! If something rubs me the wrong way I say something about it..just as you're doing now. I don't take offense that you're drawing attention to something I've said or that you disagree. How boring would it be if we all agreed with each other all the time. It's nice when we find a group of ladies with similar interests and ideas but within that you'll always have instances where ppl don't agree. We're humans for God's sakes..not cookie cutter copies of each other.

I only said that your comment made me think of this thread in terms of drawing the line bewteen expressing oneself and just being mean. I'm not disagreeing with you. However, I do think that expressing a distaste for nasty comments is not quite the same as expressing a distaste for whining or nicey-nice comments.

Ok Jenn, I know your not trying to attack me. But this started as a "situation" between myself and only one other member. Since yourself along with the many others have decided to add your 2 cents in a personal argument or whatever you want to call it, this is why I am responding to you.

I honestly have no beef with you or anyone else that reponded, but perhaps it would be better if people didn't get involved in other peoples battles which often times shows that you are "picking sides" for lack of a better word. :star:

Alright, I don't want to continue anymore. It's just making me upset that you're insisting that I'm picking sides. In a nutshell all I said was "Be nice". I'll leave it at that.

Timeline
I only said that your comment made me think of this thread in terms of drawing the line bewteen expressing oneself and just being mean. I'm not disagreeing with you. However, I do think that expressing a distaste for nasty comments is not quite the same as expressing a distaste for whining or nicey-nice comments.

Ok but why is it that people (not directed at you) of this group only express a distaste for nasty comments for people of the "click"? There is obviously a "click" here which I know I'm not a part of, but I have had several nasty comments made to me in the past and no one has ever really commented on them. :no: There shouldn't be different rules for different members.

Alright, I don't want to continue anymore. It's just making me upset that you're insisting that I'm picking sides. In a nutshell all I said was "Be nice". I'll leave it at that.

I am not insisting on anything, I am telling you how I feel. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

VP, one thing I can definitly say about you is that even though we do have our disagreements from time to time and they are usually about religion, you never have a problem admitting when you have done something wrong which I think is a great quality.

I know you have endured your fair share of attacks and you handle them quite well considering the amount of pressure you are under. I will also add that you should be an example to others because you realize that when you are going to open a controversial subject you know there is going to be lots of "replies" and you always stick to your guns and remain civil. :star:

**Some people on here may not like her views, but you have to admit she handles herself very well in those situations. If you want some examples of this, go look at OT and you will see what I am saying.

Oh for the love of GOD!!! I didn't express distaste for nice comments. I expressed distaste for fake nicey nicey comments. For example...I'm going to leave my husband for a cuter guy..response...good idea! wonderful news! good luck with that! Instead of saying..####### are thinking girl? Ok maybe the ####### is unnecessary but you got my point. Here's my example of a real nicey comment...my husband got his visa today... response...wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. The response should fit the comment.

And I'm spent...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is tired.... :blink:

rahma... can i come steal bandwidth w/ you? i'm bored... come on client, get here! ;)

oh yea, there's a reason I stay out of OT... cuz it's like this... and this is overrated and TIRED!

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Ok but why is it that people (not directed at you) of this group only express a distaste for nasty comments for people of the "click"? There is obviously a "click" here which I know I'm not a part of, but I have had several nasty comments made to me in the past and no one has ever really commented on them. :no: There shouldn't be different rules for different members.

I honestly don't know what clique you're talking about, but I assume you think I'm a part of it. I can only speak for myself, but I have never consciously decided to defend one person and not another because of any clique, and I'm sorry if you feel that way. Really.

Oh for the love of GOD!!! I didn't express distaste for nice comments. I expressed distaste for fake nicey nicey comments. For example...I'm going to leave my husband for a cuter guy..response...good idea! wonderful news! good luck with that! Instead of saying..####### are thinking girl? Ok maybe the ####### is unnecessary but you got my point. Here's my example of a real nicey comment...my husband got his visa today... response...wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. The response should fit the comment.

And I'm spent...

I never said that you did! Please! I'm really not trying to fight here! Again, I said your comment about sunshine REMINDED me of other comments that I've read.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.