I have a question for you gals

410 posts in this topic

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow! What a study in human nature this thread has been. Ironically, I have left the path of religion and deep discussions about it only usually make me cry. There are things that Mohammed said that I think are right on. Jesus, too. For that matter, my Mom has said some pretty profound things. Take truth where you can find it and live by it. Religion is man's way of trying to institutionalize the truth. The bottom line: Love one another.

And THAT is my sermon for today.

:innocent:

Filed: Timeline

To those waiting to be reunited with their loved one...............if you need to cry, whine, complain, breakdown, fret, worry and you want/need to do it EVERYDAY, do it here. Your good friends on VJ will be here to support you and encourage you to make it thru another day.

I am sick of some members here thinking you don't have a right to be upset while waiting. Especially the ones that have been reunited. Give the girls waiting a break. Waiting sucks.

I waited 727 days from marriage til visa. There were days, weeks, months that all I could do was cry. Coming to VJ was my comfort. I was lucky to have a few good people here to help me get thru. If I would have had meanies here telling me not to whine, I might have been pushed over the proverbial edge. Where is your freakin compassion and empathy?

Anybody that is waiting and feeling empty and need someone to talk to, message me. I understand what you are going thru. Obviously some members here have forgotten what it was like to be apart. I will never forget.

Jackie

just one of the mean girls

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
To those waiting to be reunited with their loved one...............if you need to cry, whine, complain, breakdown, fret, worry and you want/need to do it EVERYDAY, do it here. Your good friends on VJ will be here to support you and encourage you to make it thru another day.

I am sick of some members here thinking you don't have a right to be upset while waiting. Especially the ones that have been reunited. Give the girls waiting a break. Waiting sucks.

I waited 727 days from marriage til visa. There were days, weeks, months that all I could do was cry. Coming to VJ was my comfort. I was lucky to have a few good people here to help me get thru. If I would have had meanies here telling me not to whine, I might have been pushed over the proverbial edge. Where is your freakin compassion and empathy?

Anybody that is waiting and feeling empty and need someone to talk to, message me. I understand what you are going thru. Obviously some members here have forgotten what it was like to be apart. I will never forget.

Jackie

This IS a support group, but how much can we offer? If someone is so sad they anything sets them off and they take things so personally each time someone posts it makes it hard on the rest of the group. Seriously if someone is that far into depression I think they should get some professional help.

Yes I have been reunited with my Hicham. YEs I am lucky. However I never complained while we were waiting or got upset over spilt milk. I think it's fine to vent, but when it comes out in every post it gets difficult. Of course people are not going to agree with me and maybe some will agree with me but that's how it goes!

I have felt this for a looong time, way before Hicham came. There's only so much we can do.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

You and I don't agree on everything but that's no reason we can't be civil... as such, let me warn you to be careful with this word as someone has reported to the moderators that it is 'foul language' in Arabic.

I'm a native speaker. Let them know that "nikah" can be foul language in Arabic too. When used in context, neither is foul, just precise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
You and I don't agree on everything but that's no reason we can't be civil... as such, let me warn you to be careful with this word as someone has reported to the moderators that it is 'foul language' in Arabic.

I'm a native speaker. Let them know that "nikah" can be foul language in Arabic too. When used in context, neither is foul, just precise.

With the context you used, it is fine.

However VP uses kufar to describe USA as "kufar country" and uses the term "kufar west"

that's when it gets vulgar.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
bagara

:lol: I see you are learning all the important words in arabic :whistle:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie

This IS a support group, but how much can we offer? If someone is so sad they anything sets them off and they take things so personally each time someone posts it makes it hard on the rest of the group. Seriously if someone is that far into depression I think they should get some professional help.

Yes I have been reunited with my Hicham. YEs I am lucky. However I never complained while we were waiting or got upset over spilt milk. I think it's fine to vent, but when it comes out in every post it gets difficult. Of course people are not going to agree with me and maybe some will agree with me but that's how it goes!

I have felt this for a looong time, way before Hicham came. There's only so much we can do.

I have actually not been reunited, and I do know how hard it is. Sarah makes a valid point. If someone is that deeply depressed, they need professional help. I also have felt this way for a long time, when every single post has a negative connotation about how the person feels, well to be frank, it gets old. You can only offer so much advice. This forum is a place for support for EVERYONE to get support and not just certain members that like to steal the show. This forum has also lost alot of the content that was previously here. Its full of well-wishing threads, countdowns, etc. When we finally do get something substantial to talk about, someone has to pull out the sensitve card. Well you can only use that card so many times before it becomes annoying.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Jackie

I have actually not been reunited, and I do know how hard it is. Sarah makes a valid point. If someone is that deeply depressed, they need professional help. I also have felt this way for a long time, when every single post has a negative connotation about how the person feels, well to be frank, it gets old. You can only offer so much advice. This forum is a place for support for EVERYONE to get support and not just certain members that like to steal the show. This forum has also lost alot of the content that was previously here. Its full of well-wishing threads, countdowns, etc. When we finally do get something substantial to talk about, someone has to pull out the sensitve card. Well you can only use that card so many times before it becomes annoying.

wow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with what you said JP. No matter how happy everyone is for someone theres always the one who is super sad about their situation.

Filed: Other Timeline

Didn't Rodney King said something to this affect: Can't we all just get along? :D

I'm an athiest and I'm even willing to get along with you blind faith supporters. :P

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.