^_^

With Muslim Brotherhood Set to Join Egypt Protests, Religion’s Role May Grow

94 posts in this topic

As I said, wars are about who owns the land. You may believe that's a religious argument, I certainly do not.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

My examples are by no means all inclusive.

Why do you think people should be able to sit on their lazy azzes and let God do everything to create good in the world? Is that what atheism is all about for you? I suppose if what I believed about God is that He is unjust and that when we die all we do is become worm food, I'd be bitter and cynical, too. Instead, I believe that my role is to do my best to represent God's love on earth, as His prophets did. That makes me responsible for helping to make the world a better place rather than sitting back and complaining about God and those who worship Him.

I've stated before that very intelligent people (such as yourself) that are religious (such as yourself) have something missing in their brains to logically and reasonably analyse religion. I think that the brainwashing is so deeply ingrained, the idea of perishing in hell in "the after life" is so treacherous, that inside their brains something is missing or unable to function when it comes to analyzing religion.

There is no after life. There is no God.

If so God send me to hell tomorrow. Send a curse upon me!!!

NOTHING!

If you are there RESPOND (I could wait 70 years and wouldn't get an audible response).

Give me a sign (I could wait 70 years and wouldn't get a sign).

Come down onto earth. Show yourself.

Do something instead of sitting up in the clouds out of sight, out of mind, 100% MUTE!!!

Something as simple as a natural disaster proves that God is not there. Look at Brazil and their mudslides. Look at Australia's floods (I thought there would never be a great flood again?). Look at Haiti.

Do you really think it is a "coincidence" that God "spoke audibly" to people 2,000 years ago when human intelligence was at a 2,000 year low? NO! It isn't a coincidence. Who knows what those bimbos believed back then. For Gods sake just a few hundred years ago people believed the world was flat! headbonk.gif Now try to imagine 2,000 years ago instead of just a few hundred. headbonk.gif

Why would religious people believe what the idiots back then 2,000 years ago believed??? blink.gif

Religion is something etched into a child's brain as soon as they come out the womb. Ask any 7 year old if they believe in God and 99% of them will tell you yes. I'm sure you were very religious (well, were preached at over 10,000 times about God) by the tender age of 7. Am I right? It's called hypnotizing / brain washing. It is difficult to snap out of.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I've stated before that very intelligent people (such as yourself) that are religious (such as yourself) have something missing in their brains to logically and reasonably analyse religion. I think that the brainwashing is so deeply ingrained, the idea of perishing in hell in "the after life" is so treacherous, that inside their brains something is missing or unable to function when it comes to analyzing religion.

There is no after life. There is no God.

If so God send me to hell tomorrow. Send a curse upon me!!!

NOTHING!

If you are there RESPOND (I could wait 70 years and wouldn't get an audible response).

Give me a sign (I could wait 70 years and wouldn't get a sign).

Come down onto earth. Show yourself.

Do something instead of sitting up in the clouds out of sight, out of mind, 100% MUTE!!!

Something as simple as a natural disaster proves that God is not there. Look at Brazil and their mudslides. Look at Australia's floods (I thought there would never be a great flood again?). Look at Haiti.

Do you really think it is a "coincidence" that God "spoke audibly" to people 2,000 years ago when human intelligence was at a 2,000 year low? NO! It isn't a coincidence. Who knows what those bimbos believed back then. For Gods sake just a few hundred years ago people believed the world was flat! headbonk.gif Now try to imagine 2,000 years ago instead of just a few hundred. headbonk.gif

Why would religious people believe what the idiots back then 2,000 years ago believed??? blink.gif

Religion is something etched into a child's brain as soon as they come out the womb. Ask any 7 year old if they believe in God and 99% of them will tell you yes. I'm sure you were very religious (well, were preached at over 10,000 times about God) by the tender age of 7. Am I right? It's called hypnotizing / brain washing. It is difficult to snap out of.

Say: The truth is from your Lord' Let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject it. [Qur'an 18:29]

Let there be no compulsion in religion. [Qur'an 2:256]

The Quran teaches me that you are free to believe whatever you want; in fact, God has planned it that way, and He is the Best of Planners. It's just notable that, on this board, those who dislike religion insult and insist that everyone else think like them, while those who believe rarely comment on your lack of faith.

Relax. Why be oppressive toward the religious? If I am unable to change your mind to think like mine, and I find that acceptable, can you accept that you are unable to change mine, as well? It is as it should be.

Edited by Sofiyya

Say: The truth is from your Lord' Let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject it. [Qur'an 18:29]

Let there be no compulsion in religion. [Qur'an 2:256]

The Quran teaches me that you are free to believe whatever you want; in fact, God has planned it that way, and He is the Best of Planners. It's just notable that, on this board, those who dislike religion insult and insist that everyone else think like them, while those who believe rarely comment on your lack of faith.

Relax. Why be oppressive toward the religious? If I am unable to change your mind to think like mine, and I find that acceptable, can you accept that you are unable to change mine, as well? It is as it should be.

Not true. Atheists do not come from a cookie cutter mould either. I might be interested in why people believe the things that they do but that does not mean I want to try to force anyone else to think in the way I do. What I do think is VERY important is to keep religion separate from both the judiciary and government. Secular government and justice has been the root of progress in the industrialized world in my opinion.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Yes. I understand that and I accept that. I can only speak for Christians but I do think a Christian gets a huge thrill up their leg when a non-Christian converts....Trust me, I wouldn't get a thrill up my leg nor would I care at all if a religious person became non-religious. I just enjoy discussing it once in a while.

You ever been to church? At the ones I attended they would try very hard to get people to come up to the front ("raise their hand, say this prayer") to see how many people "converted".

But anyways, in 25 years there is going to be an asteroid that will hit the earth and wipe out the human race. The impact will be the equivalent of 50 atom bombs similar to the ones dropped on Hiroshima.

http://www.topix.com...-hit-earth-2036

So the debate will finally be over and if the asteroid hits then atheists will have won the debate. Fair and square. Do you concur? Or would that be God's "Great Planning" in action?

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

Not true. Atheists do not come from a cookie cutter mould either. I might be interested in why people believe the things that they do but that does not mean I want to try to force anyone else to think in the way I do. What I do think is VERY important is to keep religion separate from both the judiciary and government. Secular government and justice has been the root of progress in the industrialized world in my opinion.

What do you propose when a religion comes packaged with its own system of justice? If a country is populated predominantly by members of that religion, isn't is inevitable that the system of justice they use will be inspired in most part by the system of justice prescribed by the majority faith?

What do you propose when a religion comes packaged with its own system of justice? If a country is populated predominantly by members of that religion, isn't is inevitable that the system of justice they use will be inspired in most part by the system of justice prescribed by the majority faith?

I would propose all legal systems are religious in nature. If there is no higher purpose for living, no model for how life should be lived, why do we need a system to enforce it?

I would propose all legal systems are religious in nature. If there is no higher purpose for living, no model for how life should be lived, why do we need a system to enforce it?

If you said that all existing legal systems (including English common law) are inspired (even in part) by religious doctrine, I would not disagree.

Timeline

I haven't noticed you constantly insisting that everyone be irreligious, as some here do.

Yes. I understand that and I accept that. I can only speak for Christians but I do think a Christian gets a huge thrill up their leg when a non-Christian converts....Trust me, I wouldn't get a thrill up my leg nor would I care at all if a religious person became non-religious. I just enjoy discussing it once in a while.

You ever been to church? At the ones I attended they would try very hard to get people to come up to the front ("raise their hand, say this prayer") to see how many people "converted".

But anyways, in 25 years there is going to be an asteroid that will hit the earth and wipe out the human race. The impact will be the equivalent of 50 atom bombs similar to the ones dropped on Hiroshima.

So the debate will finally be over and if the asteroid hits then atheists will have won the debate. Fair and square. Do you concur? Or would that be God's "Great Planning" in action?

I don't think you have been paying much attention to the christian evangelists. I think there are plenty who salivate over forcing people to conform to a narrow agenda.

Timeline

Are you suffering here in a land where much of the laws are inspired by the majority's Judeo-Christian heritage?

Timeline

I doubt that any debate will be on the minds of many if an asteroid wipes us out. If it's part of Judgment Day, tho, you may be at a disadvantage, but that is for God to decide.

Are you suffering here in a land where much of the laws are inspired by the majority's Judeo-Christian heritage?

Did I say I am?

I have it good here. I am fortunate to live in this country as opposed to someone where the laws are inspired by a more repressive set of religious doctrine (for example, Saudi Arabia).

Timeline

Did I say I am?

I have it good here. I am fortunate to live in this country as opposed to someone where the laws are inspired by a more repressive set of religious doctrine (for example, Saudi Arabia).

You didn't say you were suffering, but you did infer that a country where the majority were of a particular religious persuasion is an anathema to you. That would apply here where there is a majority faith, no? Saudi Arabia's laws are primarily based on their jahilyya culture and tradition, not on Islam.