daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Timeline
Everyone is so quiet here lately.

I just figure I will make a few people jealous, 5 more days and I will be back in Thailand for a few week vacation :)

When is everyone else headed back?

Kat and I will be headed back for a few weeks starting Jan 1. Which areas of Thailand do you and your wife plan on visiting?

We will be in Bangkok for a few days, a few days in Buriram, and then about a week in Rayong on the beach. She is there now, she has been for the past 5 weeks, it is driving me nuts!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just figure I will make a few people jealous, 5 more days and I will be back in Thailand for a few week vacation :)

Kat and I will be headed back for a few weeks starting Jan 1. Which areas of Thailand do you and your wife plan on visiting?

We will be in Bangkok for a few days, a few days in Buriram, and then about a week in Rayong on the beach. She is there now, she has been for the past 5 weeks, it is driving me nuts!!

Lucky her. With the weather here in Madison, I'm sure my wife wishes she was in Thailand now too! Sounds like you have a relaxing trip planned. :thumbs:

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Lucky her. With the weather here in Madison, I'm sure my wife wishes she was in Thailand now too! Sounds like you have a relaxing trip planned. :thumbs:

It is funny how she wanted to go back, and was excited, but now that she is there, she wishes she didn't go for so long. After a week she wanted to come back. I had already planned my vacation and bought tickets to meet her there, so I told her she had to stay, and wait.

I got a flash from Thaivisa.com about Hungarian tax cheat who is going to be exported back to Hungary by the Thai police:

Perp Pics

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Newsflash!

King calls for unity, asks people to perform duties to best ability.

Anyone can subscribe to Thai Visa here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/353.0.html

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

AAm and I are headed back for the entire month of March :thumbs: ...I can't wait! We still own our home in Thailand so it will be nice to be back home!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

anyone else going in January? Be nice to not worry about snow for awhile

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

My fiance has been asking when she'll see snow every day since we had a small flurry last week that melted as soon as it hit the ground! I told her it's just not cold enough in Texas for snow very often. She can't believe 40s isn't cold enough!

Timeline

My fiance has been asking when she'll see snow every day since we had a small flurry last week that melted as soon as it hit the ground! I told her it's just not cold enough in Texas for snow very often. She can't believe 40s isn't cold enough!

Tell her to visit Wisconsin. All the snow she can handle with another 10-14 inches coming in the next day or so.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Tell her to visit Wisconsin. All the snow she can handle with another 10-14 inches coming in the next day or so.

Speaking of snow. FYI - Don't try to say snow, in Thai, around Thai people unless you are really confident in your Thai. I learned the hard way! :unsure:

[quote name='rsn' date='Dec 7 2009, 07:57 PM' post='3548476'

I think the extreme cold would take all the fun out of it! She complains a bit about the cold (unseasonably cold here but still not bad at all) but I got an electric mattress pad that keeps the bed warm and a a pink electric throw she can take around the house with her.

I told her about the central heating (I kept it at 60 before but it's at 65 now) but she doesn't mess with it. Hot tub at 100F is excellent for warming up too but sitting outside in it in the cold seems unnatural to her so she won't admit she likes it. She doesn't want to get out.... but won't admit she likes it! :lol:

Timeline

When we first started talking about my wife coming here, she kept asking does it snow where you live, I want to see snow!! I told her it is nice to visit, but not any fun to live in. She will understand when I take her up to Utah in January, for some skiing.

Timeline

I think I'm going to take some video to send to my fiance today. We got 14" yesterday, and there's about a 25 mph wind. Maybe I don't want to scare her too much? heh

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

Timeline

I wish it snow in NC this year.. I love snow. I lived in NH for a year and was in Norway during winter months so I'm so used to the snow and cold, but still I love it in NC better lol. Snow a bit just for fun ahahaha

I'll miss skiing this year... shoot.

Any good ski area that has good cross country? (I dont do cross country but with the pregnancy I cant do down hill - or may be I will.. ;p )

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Brother rsn...how is your wife doing (and you too, of course)...I have seen that WI is getting buried in the snow!

My wife now likes the snow, ever since we moved from Detroit to DC...now...it only snows a couple inches at a time here...that is the snow she 'imagined' when viewing Christmas cards and Television while she lived in Thailand. When she lived in Detroit with me for that first winter she was like.... :o:wow::help: !!!

I hope you guys are doing alright. My sister in Minnesota (she graduated from UofWis) said that it took her husband and her three hours to shovel her driveway, because of the massive snowdrifts the wind had built up...UGH!

Peace! Mark

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.