daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks everyone! :blush: Looking back, it doesn't seem that bad, but when we had to wait, it seemed to take forever. It is hard to believe there is nothing else to do, other than for Chutima to send in her voter registration, but there's no rush for that. Without any prompting from me, she wants to join the Republican Party! :innocent:

Good luck to everyone else on their journey! :thumbs:

LOL I'll be canceling out her vote then :devil:

Congratz! I havnt done a thing yet :angry: feeling sick to my stomach every day does not help :wacko:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

She picked up her visa today at Wireless road and had this to report:

"Today I saw one of Thai who got fiance visa the same date as I got (one week ago),

I saw her husband could come inside but it was strange,

today he couldn't come inside then he complained to the official much,

his wife wanted him to stop otherwise she won't get visa."

She also said there were 5 cases refused although they all had farang husbands with them.

Best luck to all :thumbs:

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline
Thanks everyone! :blush: Looking back, it doesn't seem that bad, but when we had to wait, it seemed to take forever. It is hard to believe there is nothing else to do, other than for Chutima to send in her voter registration, but there's no rush for that. Without any prompting from me, she wants to join the Republican Party! :innocent:

Congratz! I havnt done a thing yet :angry: feeling sick to my stomach every day does not help :wacko:

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, Anya.

:secret: Are you preggers?!!! :unsure:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

12 weeks :blush: I lost 5 lbs since :crying:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Timeline

OMG!!!

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Well Super Congratulations to you and Bram!!! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Congrats! Best wishes to you and your husband! :dance:

"Today I saw one of Thai who got fiance visa the same date as I got (one week ago),

She also said there were 5 cases refused although they all had farang husbands with them.

Just saw this (not on the thread often). Congrats to you and your fiancee!

Just wanted to say that Chutima received her U.S. Passport today!!! :dancing:

We also stopped by the SSA office and updated her record. Dept of Homeland Security didn't even have her as being married, so they had to submit a form to get that updated.

Bottom line... we are definitely DONE!!! :D:dance:

I really need to keep up to date with this thread. Congrats to you and Chutima, Robert! It must feel great to be done. Best wishes to you and the new USC.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

WOW!! :D

Anya...that is fantastic...let me be one of the first to wish you the best in all the bountiful blessings coming your way! :thumbs:

Also...try to eat a LOT MORE...you're supposed to gain, not lose, weight! Thai women...you gotta love 'em!!! :rofl::lol::bonk:

Edited by BishopMnA

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

We also stopped by the SSA office and updated her record. Dept of Homeland Security didn't even have her as being married, so they had to submit a form to get that updated.

I really need to keep up to date with this thread. Congrats to you and Chutima, Robert! It must feel great to be done. Best wishes to you and the new USC.

Brother RSN...I just noticed again that you're in Madison WI (great town...Sister graduated from there)...but I have to ask how your wife is handling the dropping temperatures! I'm guessing she's never experienced a winter like the ones she'll experience in WI! During AAm's first winter in the USA, we lived right outside of Detroit...and she nearly froze to death...it was hellahard on her! Take care of her and keep her warm...!!!!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline

Brother RSN...I just noticed again that you're in Madison WI (great town...Sister graduated from there)...but I have to ask how your wife is handling the dropping temperatures! I'm guessing she's never experienced a winter like the ones she'll experience in WI! During AAm's first winter in the USA, we lived right outside of Detroit...and she nearly froze to death...it was hellahard on her! Take care of her and keep her warm...!!!!

Hi Mark! Kat is handling the temperature pretty well so far, but she does tell me (often) how cold it seems here. I informed her that this is warm for winter and it would be much colder in the near future. We bought an electric mattress pad which seems to help. She has told me, jokingly (I think), that she doesn't plan on leaving the house until Spring once winter officially starts. :lol:

I think high-50s is the coldest she experienced in Thailand. That was the low last time I was in her village in January.

You are in the DC area? I was down there for business (doing some work for WUSA TV) about a year ago. Interesting city (my first time) but so expensive! I was in a hotel that I would call "ok" for $350/night! Wish I could have spent some more time sightseeing - all I saw was the Fannie Mae building and some big church on my walk to the station. Pete and Nern are in the Baltimore area, btw.

Edited by rsn

Timeline
WOW!! :D

Anya...that is fantastic...let me be one of the first to wish you the best in all the bountiful blessings coming your way! :thumbs:

Also...try to eat a LOT MORE...you're supposed to gain, not lose, weight! Thai women...you gotta love 'em!!! :rofl::lol::bonk:

Thanks y'all!!!!

Eating for two is over rated, the baby only need about 300 more calories :) I tried to eat but I couldnt keep anything down so I didnt try to lose weight :crying:

I really hope I feel better in a few weeks.. my work has been very supportive but I cant work like this for the whole 9 months!

Bram will be a great dad, he might be a better parent than me, i believe in spanking hehe :devil:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

congrats anya! hopefully the "morning" sickness subsides soon.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Hi Mark! Kat is handling the temperature pretty well so far, but she does tell me (often) how cold it seems here. I informed her that this is warm for winter and it would be much colder in the near future. We bought an electric mattress pad which seems to help. She has told me, jokingly (I think), that she doesn't plan on leaving the house until Spring once winter officially starts. :lol:

I think high-50s is the coldest she experienced in Thailand. That was the low last time I was in her village in January.

You are in the DC area? I was down there for business (doing some work for WUSA TV) about a year ago. Interesting city (my first time) but so expensive! I was in a hotel that I would call "ok" for $350/night! Wish I could have spent some more time sightseeing - all I saw was the Fannie Mae building and some big church on my walk to the station. Pete and Nern are in the Baltimore area, btw.

Hey Brother RSN,

I remember AAm’s first winter when we were living in Michigan…we were walking outside at night about this same time of year and it was about 50ish degrees outside. I was used to winter after being in Michigan for about 10 years. But for her…it was her first time in temps below 60. So, we’re walking and suddenly she starts limping and says ‘My legs are cramping up from the cold’…and she stopped walking like she was frozen solid! :lol: She was laughing, but she really was freezing! So I carried her the rest of the way :thumbs: It was funny :lol:

AAm and I moved to the DC area about 1.5 years ago due to my job and we really love it here alot. We live about an hour's drive outside of DC proper. Ya...DC is expensive but most of my neighbors work in DC and then make the daily commute...because housing where I live is about half the price compared to living inside the city and its really a simple drive (all highway) to get to the city limits, once you hit the city limits though you'll never know what you're going to bump in to! We go into the city a lot...they have a great Thai Market/Temple/Community there. We've really fallen in love with the city...it is awesome! :thumbs:

Ya, I’ve emailed Pete a couple times and would love to hook up with him…but never get a response from him lately…I hope they’re doing well!

Peace,

Mark

49893.gif

Timeline
Everyone is so quiet here lately.

I just figure I will make a few people jealous, 5 more days and I will be back in Thailand for a few week vacation :)

When is everyone else headed back?

Kat and I will be headed back for a few weeks starting Jan 1. Which areas of Thailand do you and your wife plan on visiting?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.