daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think she needs a police report. I think that is for 16 years old and up.

Scott! Man, do I ever owe you a THANK YOU! I did some research on the website the NVC sent me and sure enough...May won't need a police report because she is < 16 yrs old. Man...you just saved me a ton of headache...because I certainly wouldn't have checked if you hadn't made mention of that fact.

Actually, here is what I 'thought' I had to do to get a police report for May.

1. Fly May and her sister from Chiang Mai to BKK to get the police report.

2. Wait probably a month before they mail it to AAm's house in Chiang Mai.

3. Once it arrived, have AAm's sister mail it to my address in the USA.

4. Then I would submit it will all the other documents that the NVC is requesting.

As you can see, that would have cost alot of $$ and also a LOT of time. Now, since you set me in the right direction, I'll be able to finish all of May's paperwork this weekend and send it all to the NVC and they can get it ready for the embassy (Its a different process than K1...NVC does most of the processing with I-130). Anyways...I really appreciate you response! THANKS!

BTW - did your wife call AAm the other night? For those of you who don't know it..Scott's wife and my wife are both from the small village of Doi Saket, which is about 18 kilometers outside of Chiang Mai). Aam had a missed call on her cell fone from about about midnite one day last week, which would have been 11pm in Big D. The missed call had a Big D area code so I told her it might have been your wife...since they've spoken before. Anyways...when AAm lived in Thailand, she was on the phone all hours of the day and night...but now that she's been in the USA for 2 years, she is a kinda 'Americanized' and basically turns the phone off about 8pm <hahahaha>

If it was your wife, then tell her that AAm will call her back...AAm just wanted me to ask you if it might have been her. Also, I told AAm about the hard time that your wife was given in the Big D by the BKK Thai women...AAm really understood what she must be going through and told me to tell you let her know that she'll be fine in some time...it gets easier!

Interestingly enough, when AAm first moved here two years ago, I really thought that I had to get her in with any people of Thai decent in our neighborhood...and there were quite a few...and AAm did like being around them. However, when we moved 8 months ago from Detroit to DC, AAm told me, "I don't want you to find me any Thai people this time. If I meet some Thai people then ok, but now I am living here I want to not be around just Thai people...and...besides...Thai people TALK TOO MUCH...too much gossip!" <HAHAHAHAHA> She really cracked me up. ;-)

We're still planning a Big D trip this summer. See you guys then! We'll probably make a run up through Amarillo also...I have family there too (My two kids - 19 & 21 - both at the university there...same one Dad went to...West Texas A&M!

Peace Brother Scott, and thank you so much for your help! One less 'Police Report Hurdle' I'll have to jump...(thank god...!)

MK+JC+AK

I don't think it was Nok. It's really funny you just posted. Maybe you can help this guy out.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2879850

He is going through the exact same thing you did with the Birth Certificate.

West Texas A&M... isn't that in Plainview? I had an ex GF that went there.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got the weirdest email from my friend who was in the US for 2 years.. so basicly her english is good (she graduated from the same uni as me too..) anyway.. this email use different kind of english structure than she would use.. so I see through the scam.. the weirdest thing is that this email ended with using her 'nick name' though i'm wondering how they know....

here is the email

I am in a hurry writing you this message, i don't have much time on the pc here, so i have to brief you my present situation which requires your urgent response. Actually, I had a trip to Malaysia for a program with focus on creating opportunities locally and globally that support, educate, and empower our current and next generations, the program is taking place in three major countries in Asia which are Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. But unfortunately for me, my little bag where my money, passport, document's and other valuable things got stolen at the hotel where i lodged due to a robbery incident that happened in the hotel. I have been so restless since last night, the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain, I am really stranded here because i have been without any money, i am even owing the hotel here as well, moreover the Hotel's telephone lines here got disconnected by the robbers and they are trying to get them fixed back. I have access to only emails at the library because they also took my cell phone which i have all my contacts. I am now owing a hotel bill of $800 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon. I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need $1,000 to feed and help myself back home. So please can you help me with a sum of $1,800 USD to sort out my problems here. I am sending you this email from the city Library, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home. So please use the details of one of the hotel managers below to send the money to me through Western Union money transfer because that is the only way i could be able to get it fast and leave since he has a valid ID to pick up the money for me from the western union office here. These are the details below...

Name: Mahmood Ibrahim

Address: 25B Taman Paya Mengkung, Bandar Melaka, Malaysia

Text question: To whom

Answer: Nongnuch Yimkeitiwong

After you have send the money, email to me the western union money transfer control number or you can attach and forward to me the western union money transfer receipt so that i can pick up the money fast and leave.

Thanks and get back to me soon.

Best regards

Noochie

Sooo... I know it's a scan coz there's no way to contact her.. not even the hotel name or phone number since it's conveniently got 'disconnected'. Also there's no other recipient to this email showed, no company name, project name, or anything with a 'name'.. except the western union :whistle:

anybody got anything similar?

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

I don't think it was Nok. It's really funny you just posted. Maybe you can help this guy out.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2879850

He is going through the exact same thing you did with the Birth Certificate.

West Texas A&M... isn't that in Plainview? I had an ex GF that went there.

Hey Scott,

Ding did PM me about the BC...but I don't think my situation is the same as his...my wife didn't have the physical BC document, but she was born at the hospital and they did have her BC on file 'somewhere'. The issue was that the hospital did not have any idea where it was filed. So, in short...Aam had to take her Mom up to the hospital with her to publicly state that AAm was indeed her daughter and that she was born in McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai on this date...blah blah etc...kinda like you and Nok had to do. Actually, its much more fun to hear AAm tell that story...because AAm's mom is 80+ years old and is the Thai equivalent of 'Granny' from the Beverly Hillbillies...HAHA...she really tore into those clerks at the hospital in a big way! :thumbs: After Ma tore them up, they gave Aam the keys to a big vault/room at the basement of the hospital that was just filled with billions of boxes thrown everywhere over the past 50 years or so. They told her she could search through all those boxes to find her BC. Well, it took AAm three days, but amazingly enough she did finally find it! She did a great job! Man...now that I look back...I'm really glad that Ma and AAm did all that to get her BC. As you well know...it can be a pain to try to immigrate without one! We'd definitely had to show it at each step of the way...and I imagine we'll continue to have to show it...

You are close, but no cigar! West Texas A&M is actually in Canyon, Texas, which is about half way between Amarillo and Plainview.

Peace Brother,

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Hey Anya,

That does seem quite odd...especially if they know your friends nickname, and presumably got your email address from her...very strange indeed...

Save your money :whistle::thumbs:

Peace to you!

MK+AK

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline
I got the weirdest email from my friend who was in the US for 2 years.. so basicly her english is good (she graduated from the same uni as me too..) anyway.. this email use different kind of english structure than she would use.. so I see through the scam.. the weirdest thing is that this email ended with using her 'nick name' though i'm wondering how they know....

here is the email

I am in a hurry writing you this message, i don't have much time on the pc here, so i have to brief you my present situation which requires your urgent response. Actually, I had a trip to Malaysia for a program with focus on creating opportunities locally and globally that support, educate, and empower our current and next generations, the program is taking place in three major countries in Asia which are Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. But unfortunately for me, my little bag where my money, passport, document's and other valuable things got stolen at the hotel where i lodged due to a robbery incident that happened in the hotel. I have been so restless since last night, the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain, I am really stranded here because i have been without any money, i am even owing the hotel here as well, moreover the Hotel's telephone lines here got disconnected by the robbers and they are trying to get them fixed back. I have access to only emails at the library because they also took my cell phone which i have all my contacts. I am now owing a hotel bill of $800 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon. I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need $1,000 to feed and help myself back home. So please can you help me with a sum of $1,800 USD to sort out my problems here. I am sending you this email from the city Library, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home. So please use the details of one of the hotel managers below to send the money to me through Western Union money transfer because that is the only way i could be able to get it fast and leave since he has a valid ID to pick up the money for me from the western union office here. These are the details below...

Name: Mahmood Ibrahim

Address: 25B Taman Paya Mengkung, Bandar Melaka, Malaysia

Text question: To whom

Answer: Nongnuch Yimkeitiwong

After you have send the money, email to me the western union money transfer control number or you can attach and forward to me the western union money transfer receipt so that i can pick up the money fast and leave.

Thanks and get back to me soon.

Best regards

Noochie

Sooo... I know it's a scan coz there's no way to contact her.. not even the hotel name or phone number since it's conveniently got 'disconnected'. Also there's no other recipient to this email showed, no company name, project name, or anything with a 'name'.. except the western union :whistle:

anybody got anything similar?

Yeah, it's a scam. Several of the people in the company I work for received a similar e-mail from one of our colleagues claiming a similar destitute situation (saying he was stranded in Chicago). Kind of stupid on the scammers part as 1) Nobody believes the colleague would get "stranded" in Chicago; and 2) the colleague was in the office so most everyone had seen him that morning!

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline
Yeah, it's a scam.

I read an an interesting article a few months back about how all the old Email scams (Nigerian, lottery, etc) were starting to resurface in SE Asis, specifically in Cambodia & Thailand. Now that more and more people in those countries are getting connected, the scammers had brought back those scams to get people who are naive just like they did in the early days of the internet in the US and European countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

just a virus that harvested info and they hacked into the computer and send these emails. It's best to respond, lead them on and try to get them to meet you at a hotel (I read a blog where the guy reverse scammed the scammer also promising to pay if he fessed up how he did it, etc then he'd pay $50 or $100 per article and he could be a writer. It went on for months and months and was quite amusing. He tried to get the guy to travel and meet him so he could pay him (get the scammer to spend money and waste time) but the scammer smelled something fishy...then the scammer got angry because he was promised money and the guy didn't pay and the guy said "how does it feel?" I'll have to try to find the log.

Got my NOA2 by the way (better late than never)...what a relief! I gotta research what to do next. I think this thread is...split or something because I was on another sawasdee or Thailand thread that looked different and I had the old sawasdee bookmarked but it's closed now it seems the old one has split? I tried to do a search but didn't find much here so I'll look through old emails to try to find the correct one (if they're not the same...but I think they are only diff titles)?

I can't wait to call my sweetie as soon as she wakes up!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
just a virus that harvested info and they hacked into the computer and send these emails. It's best to respond, lead them on and try to get them to meet you at a hotel (I read a blog where the guy reverse scammed the scammer also promising to pay if he fessed up how he did it, etc then he'd pay $50 or $100 per article and he could be a writer. It went on for months and months and was quite amusing. He tried to get the guy to travel and meet him so he could pay him (get the scammer to spend money and waste time) but the scammer smelled something fishy...then the scammer got angry because he was promised money and the guy didn't pay and the guy said "how does it feel?" I'll have to try to find the log.

Got my NOA2 by the way (better late than never)...what a relief! I gotta research what to do next. I think this thread is...split or something because I was on another sawasdee or Thailand thread that looked different and I had the old sawasdee bookmarked but it's closed now it seems the old one has split? I tried to do a search but didn't find much here so I'll look through old emails to try to find the correct one (if they're not the same...but I think they are only diff titles)?

Congrats. It is about time. I would be calling her and waking her up!

Timeline

Congrats. It is about time. I would be calling her and waking her up!

Thanks...i almost did but i recalled other exciting calls shot down with reality before. She'd likely say "nothing has actually happened...only talk and paper work, no closer to a visa than last year". Basically she won't believe it 'till she holds a plane ticket and a visa in her paws. She's been let down so many times for so many years!

When we first applied, some people were sailing through in 4 months so I told her 4-6 months...another let down (and many more to follow) so I'll let her wake up since this is just another step and NVC could hold it up like they have for others turning this excitement into a year. I used to get excited when we submitted the paperwork, got NOA1, got RFE -to the point I had her get her single eligibility papers (predicting average waits for others from RFE to interview)--which wasted money and a round trip about 20-24 hours in a van.

So she's got to get the single eligibility a second time because I was too excited and thought some of this was predictable to a point. I have to remember this is just a small step away from something that may or may not ever happen. I've got to be a realist. She tells me i never listen to her but now I am...I won't believe it 'till she's out of the interview after proving to the embassy tag team we could not be a more bonafide couple with a real relationship. I'm really worried about the interview...very stressed about that since Mrs. "no have in file" and Mr make your lady cry can lead to a completely unpredictable outcome. I gotta make and save some money to get back over there! I'll make sure my visit arrives on the day of the interview in case they delay it...or maybe it would be better to come after the interview to see what happened. I'm on the fence about that because I also went last month thinking surely 8 months it would have been done.

Part of me wants to let her do the interview then come for the second interview (since they're denying more than half it seems and rescheduling sometimes takes months from what i read depending on...who knows)?.. Some first interviews have been in administrative limbo, etc. I can't afford to waste another trip and return without her. The process with this embassy is way too unpredictable. What do you think?

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
Part of me wants to let her do the interview then come for the second interview. Some have been postponed, etc. I can't afford to waste another trip and return without her. The process with this embassy is way too unpredictable. What do you think?

I think at this point save your money, since you just got back. The attorney will handle everything from this point out, and they do a good job. I would also call the attorney this morning, and let them know you got NOA2, and they will jump right on taking her to get the police report, medical, etc. The only thing with you being there is for moral support, at this point.

Timeline
Part of me wants to let her do the interview then come for the second interview. Some have been postponed, etc. I can't afford to waste another trip and return without her. The process with this embassy is way too unpredictable. What do you think?

I think at this point save your money, since you just got back. The attorney will handle everything from this point out, and they do a good job. I would also call the attorney this morning, and let them know you got NOA2, and they will jump right on taking her to get the police report, medical, etc. The only thing with you being there is for moral support, at this point.

And part of me wants to just say STFU Noob! :whistle:

I'm ready to post a "Best of" thread, just so everyone can see what a twisted individual we are dealing with.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Thanks Aaron! Much appreciated! I think given what's been happening (some unpredictability with the time table) makes the most sense. I'd like to get on with it but back of my mind we haven't had too much luck with the process (and it's only starting)! I am noticing some 4 month approvals rolling in again; nice to see for the others waiting :thumbs:

I did make that call...she said what I thought "oh, we have to wait more months" and wanted to go back to sleep! LOL! I can't really blame her (I was Mr. "it'll take 4-6 mos max" when we applied").

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

And part of me wants to just say STFU Noob! :whistle:

I'm ready to post a "Best of" thread, just so everyone can see what a twisted individual we are dealing with.

Everytime I read one of your critical posts .... I take a look under your handle where it says "fundamentalism is the path to intolerance" ... just to get a kick out of the irony.

dvd

Timeline
Everytime I read one of your critical posts .... I take a look under your handle where it says "fundamentalism is the path to intolerance" ... just to get a kick out of the irony.

dvd

One can only be tolerant for so long.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.