daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Wife made an observation. I live in Texas. She asked me if people from Mexico working in Texas, are the same as Isaan people going to Bangkok to work. I said pretty much the same except you dont have to cross any international borders to go from Isaan to Bangkok.

Mexicans throughout all 50 states, not just Texas (well, not sure about AK and HI actually, so let's just say the lower 48)

Turkish workers in Germany

North Africans in France

Pakistanis and South-Asians in UK

Palestinians in Israel (until the Intifada. Now they've been largely replaced by other expat workers including Romanians for a while, and more recently by Thais and Chinese ...)

Pretty common phenomenon, actually. Labor migrates according to the needs of Capital. Um, I think Marx had a bit to say on that too ...

Timeline
Wife made an observation. I live in Texas. She asked me if people from Mexico working in Texas, are the same as Isaan people going to Bangkok to work. I said pretty much the same except you dont have to cross any international borders to go from Isaan to Bangkok.

Mexicans throughout all 50 states, not just Texas (well, not sure about AK and HI actually, so let's just say the lower 48)

Turkish workers in Germany

North Africans in France

Pakistanis and South-Asians in UK

Palestinians in Israel (until the Intifada. Now they've been largely replaced by other expat workers including Romanians for a while, and more recently by Thais and Chinese ...)

Pretty common phenomenon, actually. Labor migrates according to the needs of Capital. Um, I think Marx had a bit to say on that too ...

soon Americans to Australia.... LOL!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
soon Americans to Australia.... LOL!

Naah. Australia is about to become uninhabitable desert, thanks to global warming and their drought.

This is from 2007, it's only gotten worse since:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/au...rim-445450.html

Timeline

OHHHH I'm rolling on the floor laughing! I coudn't get the link to work but I searched and found it...the Thaksin rap someone else posted

Very ingenious! (and it's got my favorite music...that morlam/Isaan Jam in the background)! I'm making a wedding video...it starts with us eating grasshoppers (our first date) and goes on through our adventures ending with the ceremony out in the sticks...then once she gets here, end it with the real wedding vid

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
[/color]

Just checking into the new Thailand thread...

Can you cite your source as to the Queen paying the PAD?

Uhhhhh. my wife? LOL! I'll ask her where she heard it from. She seems to know some people who are quite updated and know the extended story past the news media (the why's).

She knows lots about the bombings (maybe because hot news brings fast rumors). One at pratunam was because someone was selling beef and the police and beef mafia wasn't having any of it (also an undercurrent of yellow shirt this is how it's always been done vs red shirt "I need to make a living" age old arguement.

She hates politics but seems to know a bit (who knows what's on general TV since I don't understand enough Thai). I'm not one to spread false stuff so I will do my best to find something better than "the soi dog told my wife and the food vendor told the dog"... Then again, if I knew, then the news would know...that's right, they can't report it.

When she did tell me that (back when they occupied the airport) all of the government, military and police moves were in line with it, so it made too much sense (to the point I was thinking, why didn't I think of that)? I think that also explains why tempers are so hot now because for the first time, the King didn't get involved at all.

Let me table this and I'll have to wait 'till she wakes up to find out where she learned this. I doubt I'll get names since saying that is illegal over there but I'll try to find how she learned this (imagine that....illegal saying such a simple thing that if real, it's the perfect situation...do everything and no one can talk)!

Regarding all the Thaksin posts. They all know (red shirts) he's dirty, a crook, etc but when it comes down to the wire, they directly benefitted (money in their pocket) so they don't care, they're that poor, who does what as long as someone relieves their food/financial/healthcare stress no matter how little since 100% of them are corrupt. They don't realize the magnitude and how much it hurt their country but since when has the 'country" as a whole looked out for them? (Just analyzing if it were me and basing this on what they say when I say Thaksin is a crook...and they say "no one else is standing in line to help us...he's all we've got...we haven't even the king now..."

Your wife and my wife are obviously from the same part of Thailand. She thinks it is true also about the royal family paying the yellow shirts. I don't buy it. Yellow shirts are from Bangkok. They have money already, and I also know Thais here in the U.S. that were financing the cause of the yellow shirts.

I also agree that he is a crook and threw the Isaan people a few crumbs. Compared to how he raped the country while he was PM, I think it's pretty small.

This is a great opportunity for Abhisit and the democrats to get their heads and a$$es wired together and start investing in some projects up country. That would go a long way to marginalize Thaksin. I personally think he is finished now, as are the red shirts.

The rich and middle class in Bangkok would be wise to learn a lesson from all this. Like I said in previous post, my wife already considers the illegals here the same thing as Isaan in Thailand because they seem to be the people doing all the menial labour.

Full disclosure: My wife is from Si Saket. Moved to Bangkok when she was 13. Went to high school in Bangkok and lived and worked there up until we moved to the US. (1.5 years in Chiang Mai before we came actually) She still considers herself Isaan.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
[/color]

Your wife and my wife are obviously from the same part of Thailand. She thinks it is true also about the royal family paying the yellow shirts. I don't buy it. Yellow shirts are from Bangkok. They have money already, and I also know Thais here in the U.S. that were financing the cause of the yellow shirts.

I also agree that he is a crook and threw the Isaan people a few crumbs. Compared to how he raped the country while he was PM, I think it's pretty small.

This is a great opportunity for Abhisit and the democrats to get their heads and a$$es wired together and start investing in some projects up country. That would go a long way to marginalize Thaksin. I personally think he is finished now, as are the red shirts.

The rich and middle class in Bangkok would be wise to learn a lesson from all this. Like I said in previous post, my wife already considers the illegals here the same thing as Isaan in Thailand because they seem to be the people doing all the menial labour.

Full disclosure: My wife is from Si Saket. Moved to Bangkok when she was 13. Went to high school in Bangkok and lived and worked there up until we moved to the US. (1.5 years in Chiang Mai before we came actually) She still considers herself Isaan.

Have you proven your wife wrong on any of these rumor things or otherwise? When I actually look at the scoreboard, she's correct a LOT of the time. Even predicting my friend coming to Thailand would be a disaster for US (I failed to see) but then again, they're adept at reading human behavior (for more than I).

Now I don't know what "funding" means..certainly not paying them a few baht to show up but maybe renting buses and food or something (how did they stay a month crippling travel without money)? I believe she bought them food when they were at the airport but I have no idea for sure.

I believe she had something to do with it. Maybe she paid inspirational leaders to "lead the way" and others followed. You know. if you're on the wrong side of either side, it could be an immigration issue (supporting the overthrow of a government). THAT"S taken seriously here but there, depends on what week it is as to who is involved and who won the latest overthrow. It's far too easy to overthrow the Thai government...insanity! THink if they tried that here! People (millions) would surely die. We don't like our constitution played with.

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
OHHHH I'm rolling on the floor laughing! I coudn't get the link to work but I searched and found it...the Thaksin rap someone else posted

Very ingenious! (and it's got my favorite music...that morlam/Isaan Jam in the background)! I'm making a wedding video...it starts with us eating grasshoppers (our first date) and goes on through our adventures ending with the ceremony out in the sticks...then once she gets here, end it with the real wedding vid

Another funny one. Your wife probably wont like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzwdWFeNpw

My wife opened it up at an internet shop in Chiang Mai and the people there got a little mad at her.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
[/color]

Have you proven your wife wrong on any of these rumor things or otherwise? When I actually look at the scoreboard, she's correct a LOT of the time. Even predicting my friend coming to Thailand would be a disaster for US (I failed to see) but then again, they're adept at reading human behavior (for more than I).

Now I don't know what "funding" means..certainly not paying them a few baht to show up but maybe renting buses and food or something (how did they stay a month crippling travel without money)? I believe she bought them food when they were at the airport but I have no idea for sure.

I believe she had something to do with it. Maybe she paid inspirational leaders to "lead the way" and others followed. You know. if you're on the wrong side of either side, it could be an immigration issue (supporting the overthrow of a government). THAT"S taken seriously here but there, depends on what week it is as to who is involved and who won the latest overthrow. It's far too easy to overthrow the Thai government...insanity! THink if they tried that here! People (millions) would surely die. We don't like our constitution played with.

I made my views crystal clear the 3 years I was there. I never feared deportation, arrest or anything of the like. Of course I was living in Bangkok. If I lived up country I'm sure I would've taken a pretty solid a$$ whooping.

:P

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Can I ask a question about the yellow shirts?

When exactly did they become associated with a political side in this dispute?

I have a yellow shirt, Thanti gave it to me on one of my first visits to Thailand. In fact, you can see it in the avatar picture - that's me in yellow, her in purple smooching away like nobody's business.

At the time, what I was told was that each day of the week has an associated color. Yellow is Monday's color, Blue is Friday's color.

The King was born on a Monday. The Queen was born on a Friday.

Thus it became popular for loyal Thais to show their love and devotion to the Royal family by wearing these yellow Ts on Mondays, and blue ones on Fridays.

Increasingly, I saw the yellow ones being worn all during the week.

Is this true? Was wearing a yellow T roughly equivalent to displaying the Stars and Stripes in the USA? I.e. - a sign of patriotism, not of politics? Both Dems and GOP will display the Stars & Stripes...

Is that still true? Or at some moment in time did yellow become associated with the wealthy elite in BKK? If so, how and when and why did that happen?

Timeline

I have a yellow shirt, Thanti gave it to me on one of my first visits to Thailand. In fact, you can see it in the avatar picture - that's me in yellow, her in purple smooching away like nobody's business.

At the time, what I was told was that each day of the week has an associated color. Yellow is Monday's color, Blue is Friday's color.

Thus it became popular for loyal Thais to show their love and devotion to the Royal family by wearing these yellow Ts on Mondays, and blue ones on Fridays.

Is this true? Was wearing a yellow T roughly equivalent to displaying the Stars and Stripes in the USA? I.e. - a sign of patriotism, not of politics? Both Dems and GOP will display the Stars & Stripes...

Is that still true? Or at some moment in time did yellow become associated with the wealthy elite in BKK? If so, how and when and why did that happen?

It was true when I first moved there. They only wore yellow shirts on Mondays. When he celebrated 60 years on the throne, and then his 80th birthday, they started wearing them all the time. Not sure if that has gone away now.

One thing about the yellow shirts, I find it kinda disrespectful to the king to run around wearing yellow like that making that the color of their cause.. Not sure how they got a pass on that.

Wearing a yellow shirt shows respect to the King. I don't think it is really a patriotic Thai thing.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry to change to topic. Anyone ever flown Air China? There is an extremely cheap ticket from BKK to SFO (350 +tax) but I don't want to sit in misery for 25 hours if I can avoid it. Although the 9 hour layover in Bejing might be nice, never been to China. Can anything be seen done in 9 hours there?

USCANdual have you ever flown Israair... I want to avoid a plane like that, where the seats are so close together even the 4'10 girl sitting next to me felt uncomfortable.

We got ready and were walking out the door at 6:30 this morning to pick up the visa when I decided to look at the card they gave us, and realized it said to come at 3:00, oops.

Thanks,

Noi

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Timeline
Sorry to change to topic. Anyone ever flown Air China? There is an extremely cheap ticket from BKK to SFO (350 +tax) but I don't want to sit in misery for 25 hours if I can avoid it. Although the 9 hour layover in Bejing might be nice, never been to China. Can anything be seen done in 9 hours there?

USCANdual have you ever flown Israair... I want to avoid a plane like that, where the seats are so close together even the 4'10 girl sitting next to me felt uncomfortable.

We got ready and were walking out the door at 6:30 this morning to pick up the visa when I decided to look at the card they gave us, and realized it said to come at 3:00, oops.

Thanks,

Noi

Not sure about the airline, but when I was in Thailand, Americans needed a visa to visit China. So more than likely you will be stuck at the airport for 9 hours.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

It was true when I first moved there. They only wore yellow shirts on Mondays. When he celebrated 60 years on the throne, and then his 80th birthday, they started wearing them all the time. Not sure if that has gone away now.

One thing about the yellow shirts, I find it kinda disrespectful to the king to run around wearing yellow like that making that the color of their cause.. Not sure how they got a pass on that.

Wearing a yellow shirt shows respect to the King. I don't think it is really a patriotic Thai thing.

Here is what i got from my wife during that whole yellow shirt protest. Not only was it well off people from bangkok, but people from all over. people were getting paid because people from my wifes area went to join. not only did they pay the people but the leaders kept ahold of thier ID cards, so they could not leave even if they wanted to. I don't know how true that is, but that is what the people in my wifes area were saying. The yellow shirt is worn out of respect for the king celebrating his birthday.

When i went to thailand last summer, everybody was wearing yellow shirts. i think i was the only one that wasn't wearing one. this time when i went, nobody was wearing a yellow shirt and now they wear red shirts most of the time. now my wife says that people are a little pissed that the yellow shirt group used that collor of shirt for thier protests because it is the kings color and now they don't want to wear yellow for fear that they will be confused with that group.

are you guys refering to the isaan part of thailand or are you refering to anywhere outside of bangkok as isaan? I'm just wondering because some of you sound a little prejudice yourselves. I think i need some clarification on that. my wife is not from the area of thailand called isaan according to wiki, but she is not from bangkok either.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Here is what i got from my wife during that whole yellow shirt protest. Not only was it well off people from bangkok, but people from all over. people were getting paid because people from my wifes area went to join. not only did they pay the people but the leaders kept ahold of thier ID cards, so they could not leave even if they wanted to. I don't know how true that is, but that is what the people in my wifes area were saying. The yellow shirt is worn out of respect for the king celebrating his birthday.

When i went to thailand last summer, everybody was wearing yellow shirts. i think i was the only one that wasn't wearing one. this time when i went, nobody was wearing a yellow shirt and now they wear red shirts most of the time. now my wife says that people are a little pissed that the yellow shirt group used that collor of shirt for thier protests because it is the kings color and now they don't want to wear yellow for fear that they will be confused with that group.

are you guys refering to the isaan part of thailand or are you refering to anywhere outside of bangkok as isaan? I'm just wondering because some of you sound a little prejudice yourselves. I think i need some clarification on that. my wife is not from the area of thailand called isaan according to wiki, but she is not from bangkok either.

The Wikipedia explanation of Isaan is pretty accurate. I personally think it was kind of offensive as well to use that color as if they're endorsed by the king. Chiang Mai is not isaan but they are definite supporters of Mr. T since he is from there.

That said, the red shirts made a huge error by hitching their wagon to Thaksin. They lost alot of credibility with that. They were sold a bag of goods by a snake oil salesman that cares nothing for Thailand, only himself.

Taking over an airport is one thing.

Getting drunk of your a$$, taking over LPG tankers and trying to explode them, sending buses in to lines of soldiers, is something entirely different.

They both made Thailand look some backwater banana republic.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Nanathai_Ike got 221g. They are being real jerks there. Especially since all of this stuff has already been approved by NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192509

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.