tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes. But even without the reporting and just looking at the situation it's so obvious. Your average, everyday Egyptian doesn't own a horse or camel nor are they that skilled at riding. The ppl on the horses and camels are most likely police.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes. But even without the reporting and just looking at the situation it's so obvious. Your average, everyday Egyptian doesn't own a horse or camel nor are they that skilled at riding. The ppl on the horses and camels are most likely police.

oh, I did'nt know that. I saw when they rode in on the horses and camels and started hitting ppl. CNN reported they were sent by the government. Anderson Copper and his crew were hit too. A very sad situation there

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No doubt the act of a desperate man refusing to accept the writing on the wall....It's disgusting...I cannot reach my hubby today, first several times line is busy then just the mobile is turned off message..he's on post so no other way to reach him..hope and pray he will still get his release the end of this month, but probably unlikely.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You are right Mithra! Somone at work was telling me about the camels and I was like CAMELS?!?!?! You do not really see alot of horses or camels in the cities, mostly out by the pyramids and such, tourist areas.

Timeline

From what I have heard from people in Tahrir, the camel people are those you do find at the pyramid - paid by the government to wreak havoc.

Meeting with Keith Ellison at 4 pm today to talk about the situation there. I had a whole thing worked out, but all I can think now is dear God, just make him stop killing his people!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I also heard the horses and camels came from Giza, the riders are workers who rent them out to tourists at the Pyramids. The explanation was that they were frustrated because of a lack of work/money given the impact the protests have had on the tourism industry.

Regardless... I feel for all the people of Egypt. I pray that peace finds them very soon.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Timeline

I agree, I completely believe its police, or secret police or some sort of people like the police. I cant stand Egypts police! They are hateful, abusive and murderers!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember my first visit to Cairo, I hung out on my balcony in my flat and watched the police in the streets below taking bribe after bribe. So much corruption in the police force.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I feel for all of you have love ones and family in Egypt.Hope everything will be over soon! I was so frustraded bcz I hit almost 6 month mark with TSC,but this statuation is worst than waiting for approval.Gos bless you and all your love ones!!!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Personally, I haven't found CNN to do the best reporting on this issue, but here's an article that explains a bit about the pro-Mubarak forces. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/02/02/egypt.pro.mubarak/index.html?hpt=T1

"As battles raged between the two sides, some pro-Mubarak protesters were captured by his opponents. Some were terrified to be caught and begged for their lives, screaming that the government had paid them to come out and protest. Others turned out to be carrying what seemed to be police identification, though they were dressed in plain clothes."

Continuing to pray for all Egyptians, including the loved ones of members here. (F)

From what I have heard from people in Tahrir, the camel people are those you do find at the pyramid - paid by the government to wreak havoc.

Meeting with Keith Ellison at 4 pm today to talk about the situation there. I had a whole thing worked out, but all I can think now is dear God, just make him stop killing his people!

How did the meeting with Ellison go?

I've watched the coverage intermittently tonight and probably the most saddening description was that in the beginning, when the two sides were facing off, men from both sides entered the empty middle space to pray. This led to the coming together of both sides -heatedly discussing and even yelling at each other about their different viewpoints, etc but remaining peaceful. This peace was ended when the pro Mubark forces on camelback and horseback violently flooded into the area. So, so, so sad.

Has anyone heard anything about the woman who I think was sometimes on VJ and moved to Egypt? I think her blog is/was Melissa in Egypt - or something like that.

Timeline

It went very well alhamdulilah, thanks for asking. Keith was interviewed in one of the local papers and a picture of the meeting was included. You can see the back of mine and AbuS' heads :innocent:

20110202__110203RubenJump.jpg

Keith has been making a lot of public statements and has been interviewed by a lot of the press. He wanted to know how he could improve his statements, and wanted to get the human side of the issue. He asked specifically about our view on america's foreign aid to egypt; who the pro mubarak people were; what are the roots of the problem; and how our families were.

AbuS gave a very good summary of the roots of the issue, and talked about the 6 April movement in Mahalla, the key leaders from then (including several women like Isra AbdulFattah), the Khaled Said issue and police brutality and what the people want - they want jobs, economic security, to be able to start a family, and to have the right to choose their own government.

Edited by UmmSqueakster

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It went very well alhamdulilah, thanks for asking. Keith was interviewed in one of the local papers and a picture of the meeting was included. You can see the back of mine and AbuS' heads :innocent:

20110202__110203RubenJump.jpg

Keith has been making a lot of public statements and has been interviewed by a lot of the press. He wanted to know how he could improve his statements, and wanted to get the human side of the issue. He asked specifically about our view on america's foreign aid to egypt; who the pro mubarak people were; what are the roots of the problem; and how our families were.

AbuS gave a very good summary of the roots of the issue, and talked about the 6 April movement in Mahalla, the key leaders from then (including several women like Isra AbdulFattah), the Khaled Said issue and police brutality and what the people want - they want jobs, economic security, to be able to start a family, and to have the right to choose their own government.

:thumbs:

Timeline

I'm much better at communicating via written word rather than speaking, so I've typed up what I tried to say yesterday but failed. inshaAllah going to email it to the congressman:

Although I am not Egyptian, I feel as though all of Egypt is my family today. I am married to an Egyptian. My brother in law has been part of the civil patrols formed to protect families, neighborhoods and properties. My mother in law has not left her apartment since this all began. We can only hope and pray that she is well and will have enough food to last until it is safe.

My husband came to the United States from Egypt in 2005. When I first showed him political satire on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, he asked with wonder, can you actually criticize your government here?

We were involved in the 2006 elections, and attended a rally for you Congressman, with Jessie Jackson and Al Franken. My husband was so excited at the prospect of actually being able to chose who would represent him, and to be able to participate in politics.

This is what the people of Egypt want, very simply. They want freedom. As an American, I have these rights and freedoms by mere accident of my birth, and I will admit that I have taken them for granted. But in this last week, as I watch the young people of Egypt march against an oppressive regime, asking simply that they be given basic human dignities like the right to chose their own government, the right to earn a living wage, and the right to have pride in their country, I have begun to understand just how precious the rights enshrined in our constitution are.

In 2010, a young man by the name of Khaled Said exercised a right we Americans take for granted – he questioned the corruption he saw in his government. He posted a video on youtube addressing police embezzling from the spoils of a drug raid. Shortly there after, he was beaten to death – in public – by police, who later dumped his destroyed body (you can see pictures of it here, although I warn you it is very graphic). The police denied any involvement in his death and no government investigation was ever made.

This is why the young people of Egypt are out in the street. They yearn for freedom, for justice, for human dignity. They do not want to be afraid of their government any longer. They want to get married, to be able to find work, to be able to support a family. Quite simply, they want to live, just as any person who was lucky enough to be born in the United States.

The US government needs to stand on the right side of history. Tahrir Square should not be another Tinnamen. The brave men, women and children who stood in the face of government sanctioned violence must be supported by the United States – a country that is founded on the principles of liberty that the people of Egypt are now dying for.

We need to admit that we made a mistake. For 30 years, we support a dictator. Through our support and foreign aid, we are complicit in the crimes against humanity committed by Mubarak and his regime. The time is now that we must make a change. The United States can no longer support petty dictators. Instead, if we truly are a country of freedom and liberty, we must live these principles in our foreign policy.

The President of the United States must listen to the people of Egypt who are chanting al sha’b, yurid, isqat al nizam! The people want the regime to fall. The people of Egypt are tired of the corruption that has mired their once great country. They want to have pride in Ummul-Dunya, the Mother of the World.

Mr. President, tear down this firewall, and be on the right side of history, the side of life, liberty and the pursuit of hap

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.