J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep pressing Pay Selected Fees...and it doesn't do anything? Is it supposed to take me to another page?

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Jul 17 -- Filed I-130

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Aug 9 -- NOA 1 Hardcopy

2010 Nov 2 -- Transferred from CSC to TSC

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

2011 Feb 10--Transferred BACK to CSC *rolls eyes*

2011 Feb 11-- Touched AGAIN (uscis office)

2011 Feb 25--email notification of APPROVAL!!!! (Thank ya Jesus)

2011 Mar 3--NOA2 Hardcopy

Your I-130 was approved in 205 days from your NOA1 date.

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

2011 Mar 11--AOS bill shows as PAID and IV bill invoiced

2011 Mar 14--paid IV bill

2011 Mar 16-- IV bill shows as PAID

2011 Apr 11--submitted AOS and IV package and resent OPTIN email

2011 Apr 12--received OPTIN acceptance email

2011 Apr 13--received email notifying that my AOS and IV package was received

2011 May 4--received RFE email

2011 May 5--resent both packages

2011 May 14--received RFE email

2011 May 30--sent in missing document

2011 June 6--received CC email (Case Complete) and SIF (Sign in Failed)

2011 June 14-- interview date assigned for July 20!!

2011 Jul 11--Medical at Dr. Seiden & Associates

2011 Jul 20-- The big day

Saylin, I'm looking at your NVC timeline. What is this DS-261?

It's the online version of the Choice of Agent form that can be found on the payment portal site with the DS-260.

I keep pressing Pay Selected Fees...and it doesn't do anything? Is it supposed to take me to another page?

Yeah, it's supposed to. Are you using Internet Explorer? The payment portal is designed for IE and might not work in other browsers.

Timeline

It's the online version of the Choice of Agent form that can be found on the payment portal site with the DS-260.

Yeah, it's supposed to. Are you using Internet Explorer? The payment portal is designed for IE and might not work in other browsers.

No, I'm using Safari. Ok onto the old laptop I go. Ummm...so was I not supposed to send in the DS-3032 form? Are these forms the same thing? I'm so confused. I sent it in with my OPT IN email as it says to do on the NVC site. :wacko: :wacko:

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

No, I'm using Safari. Ok onto the old laptop I go. Ummm...so was I not supposed to send in the DS-3032 form? Are these forms the same thing? I'm so confused. I sent it in with my OPT IN email as it says to do on the NVC site. :wacko: :wacko:

Definitely use IE. Safari and Chrome always give problems with the payment portal site.

Well, the online forms are REQUIRED for Canada now. I believe you were supposed to fill out the DS-261. Where on NVC's site did you see to attach the DS-3032 with the optin email? That's only for those doing EP, but not eligible for online forms. I just sent my optin email by itself and filled out the DS-261 once it was available online. But since these forms are the same thing, I'm not sure if it will make a difference. I'd call an operator up and ask about it.

Just paid both AOS and IV fees with NVC. All show IN PROCESS now. Lawyer said OK for me to pay. Excited like crazy. Are we getting closer??? :-)

Yay, grats! kicking.gif They should appear as PAID this week and then you can mail off the packages!

Spreadsheet Sensei - thank you for continuous support.

No problem :) I am more than willing to help everyone here yes.gif

Timeline

A ha. I went to the site through a link here on VJ ...Electronic Processing. ...and I was following that, it may be old instructions.

I will call the operator and see what they say. UGH! I should always check with the Sensei before making any moves!! I know better next time. :bonk: :bonk:

Definitely use IE. Safari and Chrome always give problMy linkems with the payment portal site.

Well, the online forms are REQUIRED for Canada now. I believe you were supposed to fill out the DS-261. Where on NVC's site did you see to attach the DS-3032 with the optin email? That's only for those doing EP, but not eligible for online forms. I just sent my optin email by itself and filled out the DS-261 once it was available online. But since these forms are the same thing, I'm not sure if it will make a difference. I'd call an operator up and ask about it.

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

No problem :) I am more than willing to help everyone here yes.gif

Congrats for SIF and CC, 2 months wait for interview compared with the passed time is nothing :thumbs:

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

A ha. I went to the site through a link here on VJ ...Electronic Processing. ...and I was following that, it may be old instructions.

I will call the operator and see what they say. UGH! I should always check with the Sensei before making any moves!! I know better next time. :bonk: :bonk:

This link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html is for optional EP (which is what it is in Canada still). If you notice, it's pretty much the same instructions, minus the DS-3032 part.

Congrats for SIF and CC, 2 months wait for interview compared with the passed time is nothing :thumbs:

Thanks! And definitely not complaining about waiting 2 months. I'm very grateful it's no longer 5 months as it was back last year. But, I won't complain if Montreal goes down to 1 month laughing.gif

my DS-3032 not accepted yet i sent the second one 2day morning..is there anything else i can do?

because i heard in vj that IV bill wont be ginerated unless they accepted ds3032

Yes, the IV bill won't be generated until NVC accepts the Choice of Agent form. But it can take a few business days, so you're just going to have to wait a bit.

Timeline

Hmmm...seems I will no longer click on links here from VJ as they aren't always up to date, I must of been going to an old CEAC site because now it's working through the link I pressed on the NVC site.

I spoke with an operator and she said they are the same form but to go ahead and fill out the DS-261 just in case.

Poor me guys. I'm so anxious to get things done. I'm gonna have to stop and wait until my son goes to sleep because I can't concentrate on both things at once.

Edited by Mrs. P

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Because of excitement, getting ahead of myself thinking where to find info on how long would it take from CC to the actual Interview schedule. Filing with WRW - Warsaw Embassy in Poland for beneficiary. This question instigated after our Spreadsheet Sensei mentioned about 2 months wait with Montreal. Just curious? Any direction? Thank you very much!

Hmmm...seems I will no longer click on links here from VJ as they aren't always up to date, I must of been going to an old CEAC site because now it's working through the link I pressed on the NVC site.

I spoke with an operator and she said they are the same form but to go ahead and fill out the DS-261 just in case.

Poor me guys. I'm so anxious to get things done. I'm gonna have to stop and wait until my son goes to sleep because I can't concentrate on both things at once.

It's not that the link you had was outdated, it's just for those that aren't doing online forms as well. There's two sites for CEAC: https://ceac.state.g...ice/signon.aspx (just to see and pay bills) and https://ceac.state.g...px?signout=true (to see and pay bills, plus fill out the online DS-261 and DS-260).

You should be fine though, especially if you send the DS-261 as well. NVC won't be getting to your optin email for quite awhile. Mine took 16 days to get accepted, so NVC will most likely see your DS-261 one first.

Because of excitement, getting ahead of myself thinking where to find info on how long would it take from CC to the actual Interview schedule. Filing with WRW - Warsaw Embassy in Poland for beneficiary. This question instigated after our Spreadsheet Sensei mentioned about 2 months wait with Montreal. Just curious? Any direction? Thank you very much!

Well, unfortunately, there doesn't 'seem to be a lot of cases for Poland, so you really can't get much from here: http://www.visajourn...Poland&dfile=No It looks like one month though. Perhaps starting a thread in the Europe regional forum: http://www.visajourn...-uk-and-russia/ and seeing if some Polish people could give you more insight.

Edited by Saylin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.