J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

it was approved Feb 8th. and shipped Feb. 16th supposedly..

I think it will get there either by Friday or definitely by next week! People approved this month seem to have a much smoother time getting to NVC than people like me... ;)

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

after this whole debacle, I have become increasingly pessimistic... especially with the government shutdown looming =/ I sure hope I get my NVC number soon so I can do as much as I can, while I can.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is so weird how messed up this system is. For me, at least NVC has been ok, USCIS was horrible, as it was for most of us. I'm not sure if it's because the TSC put an expedite on my case when I phoned about it being over 200 days, but I got my NVC number fairly quickly. I was approved on the 14th, shipped from TSC-NVC on the 15th and had my number by the 18th. Are all the slower petitions the ones that were shipped back to CSC? What gives???

USCIS

07/06/10: Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox

07/07/10: Package Received

07/17/10: NOA1

07/26/10: Touched

11/03/10: Case Transferred to TSC

11/30/10: Touched! FINALLY

12/01/10: Touched, AGAIN!

12/02/10: Touched, YET AGAIN!

12/03/10: TOUCHED!

02/14/11:I-130 Approved Happy Valentines Day!

Case was approved in 212 days

NVC

02/18/11: Received NVC Case number

02/20/11: Optin email sent

02/22/11:Submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

02/23/11: AOS invoiced and paid

02/25/11: AOS I-864 Emailed to NVC

03/02/11: IV Bill generated & Paid!

03/08/11: Optin Accepted

03/17/11: DS-260 completed

03/24/11: DS-260 Supporting Documents emailed

03/24/11: Emailed my I-864 AGAIN because NVC is saying they did not receive it.

04/08/11: NVC robot says they are "Awaiting my Biographic Data" which I assume means they reviewed my I-864

04/11/11: NVC is saying I am missing info, that I did not send in all my documents.

04.14.11: NVC is saying i never emailed anything. I contacted my senate office, who is getting things handled for me at NVC.

05.12.11: OMG SIF!

07.11.11-INTERVIEW DATE!

Timeline

mine was not shipped back to CSC...I have no idea what is going on. There isnt any order so that makes it even more frustrating.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's GREAT news Wade. :thumbs:

Got a reply from Mr. Badger today:

Mr. Grant

The approved I-130 is currently in the NVC.

The assigned NVC case number is BNK**************.

We will also reach out to the NVC manager and ask that the case be expedited from the NVC to the Consulate.

David Badger

OK, that is a sigh of relief knowing that it has been assigned a case number.

Thank you DAVID BADGER :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question about the I-864EZ. What do they mean by "All your qualifying income comes from a salary or pension and shows on one or more W-2 Forms that you receive"

Thank You :star:

NVC where are you

Hey guys, I have a question about the I-864EZ. What do they mean by "All your qualifying income comes from a salary or pension and shows on one or more W-2 Forms that you receive"

Thank You :star:

It means you can only use your salary, no assets or anything else to qualify as a sponsor.

Timeline

It means you can only use your salary, no assets or anything else to qualify as a sponsor.

Saylin you the best :thumbs: , ok one more question :wacko: lol to my best understanding being on salary means you do not get paid by the hour rather than you have a fixed well "salary" am I wrong lol... :rofl:

and what is the poverty line for me to be qualified sponsor?

Edited by EGUZI

NVC where are you

Saylin you the best :thumbs: , ok one more question :wacko: lol to my best understanding being on salary means you do not get paid by the hour rather than you have a fixed well "salary" am I wrong lol... :rofl:

Salary means either being paid by the hour or having a fixed amount. Basically, they're saying to just use income from a job, no assets or anything else.

Timeline

Salary means either being paid by the hour or having a fixed amount. Basically, they're saying to just use income from a job, no assets or anything else.

Coolness so if I only applied for my wife and my income is above 30000 $ then I should be qualified to use this form? right? :bonk:

NVC where are you

Coolness so if I only applied for my wife and my income is above 30000 $ then I should be qualified to use this form? right? :bonk:

Yup. If you filed an I-130 and the only immigrant is your wife and you only use income, then you can use the I-864EZ good.gif

Timeline

Yup. If you filed an I-130 and the only immigrant is your wife and you only use income, then you can use the I-864EZ good.gif

Thank youuuuu :D I-864EZ it is... now all I got to wait is for the IV fee to be generated and as for the problem we were percieving early it had to do with the fact that the AOS fee had not been generated by that time...NVC seems so much nicer place to be so far (knock on wood) by the way Saylin i live in Michigan and I travel a lot to Canada and Toronto reminds me of my home town with those tall and brick apartments, its really nice in there except for the fact I always get a ticket since the signs are in Km and not miles :rofl::bonk::bonk: ... love your Canadian hockey team since a lot of them play for redwings lol go redwings :ot: lol

thank you Saylin

Edited by EGUZI

NVC where are you

Thank youuuuu :D I-864EZ it is... now all I got to wait is for the IV fee to be generated and as for the problem we were percieving early it had to do with the fact that the AOS fee had not been generated by that time...NVC seems so much nicer place to be so far (knock on wood) by the way Saylin i live in Michigan and I travel a lot to Canada and Toronto reminds me of my home town with those tall and brick apartments, its really nice in there except for the fact I always get a ticket since the signs are in Km and miles :rofl::bonk::bonk: ... love your Canadian hockey team since a lot of them play for redwings lol go redwings :ot: lol

thank you Saylin

rofl.gif I live in Montreal, go Montreal Canadiens go! And yes, different signs here. Remember it's km here ;)

And yes, NVC is definitely a nice place to be after USCIS :)

Timeline

just called NVC and they received it on february 21st, but no NVC number yet :( Oh well

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.