J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

congratulations everyone! Im happy to see all happy posts here. Im gonna get my interview date soon. Could anyone pls link me to the requirements for the interview. Id be glad. Thanks :)

Here are the State Department's instructions for interview preparation (the whole thing is seven pages, so just keep hitting "Next Page" at the bottom or use the page numbers at the top):

Interview Preparation

And make sure to check for any embassy-specific info:

Embassy/Consulate-Specific Interview Guidelines

There are also lots of guides on VJ that include information about the interview, like this one:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_Do_I_Bring_My_Spouse_%28Husband_or_Wife%29_to_Live_in_the_United_States%3F

The major things you should bring:

• 2 passport-sized photos
  • copies of all of your original/certified civil documents (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, etc.) so you can get your originals back
  • up to date financial information (i.e. 2010 tax returns, if not sent to NVC)
  • more evidence of a bona fide marriage (e.g. joint lease, joint bank accounts, photos, call/chat records, email records, cards/letters addressed to both of you, etc.)
  • copies of everything you've already sent to USCIS/NVC (I-130 packet, I-864 packet, and DS-230 packet)

USCIS171 days
08.03.2010: Sent I-130 (Received at Chicago Lockbox on 08.05.2010 – Priority Date)
08.24.2010: NOA1 – Notice Date (Case transferred from CSC to TSC on 11.02.2010 and back to CSC on 02.07.2011)
02.11.2011: NOA2 – Approved! (hard copy received on 02.17.2011)

NVC46 days
02.26.2011: Got NVC case number from AVR (entered on 02.24.2011)
02.28.2011: Called operator to give email addresses and get IIN; emailed beneficiary's change of address and DS-3032; received instruction emails from NVC; AOS fee bill invoiced and paid
03.01.2011: AOS fee shown as "paid"
03.03.2011: DS-3032 accepted; beneficiary's address updated by NVC; IV fee bill invoiced and paid
03.07.2011: IV fee shown as "paid"; AOS and IV packets sent out together via USPS Priority Mail (delivered on 03.09.2011)
03.22.2011: AVR and operator tells us we will receive an RFE
03.26.2011: Received RFE checklist via email (asking for PCCs from China and Taiwan)
03.28.2011: Sent checklist response via USPS Priority Mail (explaining/demonstrating that PCC should not be required)
04.10.2011: AVR message says that checklist response was received on 04.08.2011; sign in failed
04.11.2011: Case completed at NVC!
04.13.2011: Interview date assigned, received Packet 4 via email
04.25.2011: NVC sent case to embassy in London

Embassy – London, United Kingdom
05.23.2011: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
05.31.2011: Interview - APPROVED! (301 days from filing)
06.02.2011: Visa in hand
06.07.2011: POE at SFO

Removal of Conditions

04.16.2013: Sent I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

04.18.2013: I-751 packet received at VSC (check cleared on 05.03)

05.04.2013: Received NOA1 (dated 04.19)

05.11.2013: Received biometrics appointment notice for 06.05.2013 (notice dated 05.08)

05.13.2013: Completed biometrics as a walk-in (would have been out of town for scheduled appointment)

08.21.2013: APPROVED! (Received email update that USCIS has ordered production of new card)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wife and son finally made it home Thursday evening. Flight landed at 8:30 PM but she did not clear Immigration until midnight. The first two agent she dealt with in immigration were a$holes, she was pi$ed at them. Both were Filipino and they were talking ####### about her in Tagalog, they had no idea that she understands Tagalog, she learned quite a bit when she stayed with me in the Philippines when I worked there.

Long story short, she approached another Immigration Officer and he was very accommodating. When she was leaving the immigration office at LAX, she made a comment to the two Filipino Immigration Officers in Tagalog, they were horrified she could speak Tagalog. Wished I could have seen their faces!! My wife don't take sh!t from anyone, makes me proud!!

Good luck to rest of you!!

We should receive her 10 year Green card soon as well as her Social Security card.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

im so happy for you. kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Wife and son finally made it home Thursday evening. Flight landed at 8:30 PM but she did not clear Immigration until midnight. The first two agent she dealt with in immigration were a$holes, she was pi$ed at them. Both were Filipino and they were talking ####### about her in Tagalog, they had no idea that she understands Tagalog, she learned quite a bit when she stayed with me in the Philippines when I worked there.

Long story short, she approached another Immigration Officer and he was very accommodating. When she was leaving the immigration office at LAX, she made a comment to the two Filipino Immigration Officers in Tagalog, they were horrified she could speak Tagalog. Wished I could have seen their faces!! My wife don't take sh!t from anyone, makes me proud!!

We should receive her 10 year Green card soon as well as her Social Security card.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations SqdnGuns :dance: There should be an agency that we should

able to file a complain these kind of agents!

Maybe the Dateline guy should use his hidden cameras in POE locations and

show why immigration chain is broken!

We did have our interview today and I woke up around 1:45am to a great suprise with

my wife's txt for her approval. She said CO was a very nice

person. So they do have nice people too.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of Congratulations all the approvals :thumbs:

One question: Do they send the envelope for POE with the passport since she

has not received any enclosed envelope after the interview?

Congratulations SqdnGuns :dance: There should be an agency that we should

able to file a complain these kind of agents!

Maybe the Dateline guy should use his hidden cameras in POE locations and

show why immigration chain is broken!

We did have our interview today and I woke up around 1:45am to a great suprise with

my wife's txt for her approval. She said CO was a very nice

person. So they do have nice people too.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of Congratulations all the approvals :thumbs:

One question: Do they send the envelope for POE with the passport since she

has not received any enclosed envelope after the interview?

Grats on the approval! Yes, you should get the sealed envelope back with the passport.

Thanks Saylin :dance:

Have you driven to US yet? Thanks for all the help :D

Yup, I left last Thursday and arrived Friday night around 1:30am, dropped the car off in the morning, and got to my apartment Saturday noon :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, I left last Thursday and arrived Friday night around 1:30am, dropped the car off in the morning, and got to my apartment Saturday noon :)

Glad you made it safely. What was the outcome of the two A#'s at POE?

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Glad you made it safely. What was the outcome of the two A#'s at POE?

Thanks! The lady there said they'd consolidate both numbers to the same file, so I don't need to be worried about it. Phew!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Enjoy your new home Saylin :dance:

The Best Wishes for you and your husband :star:

Enjoy your new home Saylin :dance:

The Best Wishes for you and your husband :star:

Thank you so much! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I called the NVC today, and they finally had an interview date for my wife. The operator I spoke to mentioned that the appointment had just been setup today. We really thrilled we can now plan for her arrival. :dance:

I called the NVC today, and they finally had an interview date for my wife. The operator I spoke to mentioned that the appointment had just been setup today. We really thrilled we can now plan for her arrival. :dance:

Grats! kicking.gif When's the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's Great news, Wade. I'm glad they are finally here... sorry about the Immigration/Customs agents. Did she flight straight in to LA?

6 days and 10 hours until our interview... but who's counting :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I guess they really did lose our files. After we got checklists saying they didn't have our files we figured they just hadn't processed them yet, but we called again today and were told they had no record of them and that we should send them again. So, great, I guess that pretty much resets our processing time at NVC and now we get to wait another four weeks to see if they can manage to find our emails and look at them.

Edited by Mike&Val

USCIS: 220 days

NVC - 53 days

06/28/2011 - Medical appointment

07/04/2011 - Picked up sealed medical envelope

07/05/2011 - Interview date

07/08/2011 - Received visa

NVC case complete to visa - 42 days

Total from NOA1 to visa - 315 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.