J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

I am sending my DS230 packet (IR5). I know the instructions are very clear however I need to ask if I need to include 2 photos of myself 2 x 2 inches (Petitioner's) or only Beneficiary's?

You just need to include pictures of the beneficiary. The only time pictures were needed of the petitioner was with the I-130. No more pictures of you are needed :P

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

You just need to include pictures of the beneficiary. The only time pictures were needed of the petitioner was with the I-130. No more pictures of you are needed :P

Thanks Saylin. I actually posted another question on main thread. I should really posted here.

Thanks Saylin. I actually posted another question on main thread. I should really posted here.

I saw it, but I'm not familiar with the process for Indian police/passport certificates. Sorry :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

anyone know what information is sent from NVC to the consulate? My wife messed up on a part for the G325A (back in USCIS stage) for her work history...she put unemployed, but then on DS-230, for her work history, she put self-employed web designer (which she is). I am really hoping this discrepancy does not cause major problems.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just sent expedite request. wish me luck! i sent it 2 nvc... should i send to juarez embassy 2?

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

anyone know what information is sent from NVC to the consulate? My wife messed up on a part for the G325A (back in USCIS stage) for her work history...she put unemployed, but then on DS-230, for her work history, she put self-employed web designer (which she is). I am really hoping this discrepancy does not cause major problems.

I doubt it would cause any problems. Bring an updated G-325A for her though and perhaps she can explain it to someone there and give the new one, so they have the correct info.

I just sent expedite request. wish me luck! i sent it 2 nvc... should i send to juarez embassy 2?

Good luck! NVC will send the expedite request to the embassy themselves, so I believe you only need to send it to NVC.

Timeline

I doubt it would cause any problems. Bring an updated G-325A for her though and perhaps she can explain it to someone there and give the new one, so they have the correct info.

Good luck! NVC will send the expedite request to the embassy themselves, so I believe you only need to send it to NVC.

Thank you saylin. i filed for uscis error, financial hardship since while my hubby visit me in mx he got identity theft n i had gotten threaten b4... scary.. they called my hubby asking for money so they wont hurt me idk if it was people fooling around or serious but for my safety my family moved me 2 a diffrent city.... do u think ill get accepted or a denial? do i have 2 send any evidence like bank statements or something like that?

Edited by JamesandRosa

Priority Date- July 1st

Touched Feb. 9th

Touched- Feb. 11th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Timeline

no, you dont need evidence, unless it is requested. Good luck!

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

Thank you saylin. i filed for uscis error, financial hardship since while my hubby visit me in mx he got identity theft n i had gotten threaten b4... scary.. they called my hubby asking for money so they wont hurt me idk if it was people fooling around or serious but for my safety my family moved me 2 a diffrent city.... do u think ill get accepted or a denial? do i have 2 send any evidence like bank statements or something like that?

Oh wow... blink.gif I'm glad you're both okay after that. Like xelance said though, you don't need to send in evidence unless they request it. I wish you the best of luck on your expedite!

Timeline

Thank you guys! :) im hoping for the best 2. how long do u thing it'll take 2 respond to that?

Priority Date- July 1st

Touched Feb. 9th

Touched- Feb. 11th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No worries! You already helped a ton.

Regarding the Police/Passport PCC in India, please contact the Police Commisioners office/Regional Passport Office adjucating over your area of residence & it should be done. My Police PCC took 15 days from start to finish & Passport PCC took one day(in Bangalore). :thumbs::thumbs:

-Benoy

CSC - CR1

06/19/2010: Got Married

07/02/2010: I-130 mailed out

07/12/2010: I-130 received at USCIS

07/16/2010: NOA1

07/23/2010: NOA1 snail mail received in mailbox

Touches: 07/23, 07/26, 11/28, 11/29

11/2/2010: Case moved from CSC to TSC(Wife got snail mail!. No touches since 7/26. No Text/Email updates)

02/10/2011: NOA2(Thank You GOD!!)(209 days from NOA1)

02/16/2011: Petition shipped to NVC

02/16/2011: NOA2 hard copy received in mail

NVC

02/25/2011: NVC received the I-130 package, Receipt# scanned

02/25/2011: NVC Case# and IIN receipt, provided both email ids

02/25/2011: DS-3032 COA emailed to NVC

03/01/2011: DS-3032 COA accepted by NVC

03/03/2011: I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment

03/04/2011: Case shipped from NVC to US Embassy Madras for further processing.

03/10/2011: Case reached Madras US Counsulate

03/15/2011: Interview scheduled for 04/18/2011

Chennai Consulate

04/01/2011 & 04/02/2011: Medical

04/06/2011: VFS Office visit

04/18/2011: Interview - Approved!!

Timeline

thanks for the advice, just went down and printed another G325A just in case :)

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When Embassy receive the case from NVC, does embassy contact my spouse or my wife has to contact embassy? thanks

The embassy will contact your spouse via snail mail, email, or both. NVC is killin' me.... Expedite approved around the 22nd and they just shipped it today :ranting: Oh well... it left Florida at 1545 today. Hopefully the Consulate will receive it and input it before the end of the week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My expedite got approved. Got email from embassy today. Called NVC they said it is approved and they will send me email with interview date within 48 hours. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Question:

I already sent AOS and IV packages to NVC, are they gonna forward those packages to embassy?

Does my wife needs to send any other documentation to the embassy?

Thank you

NVC will forward all of your documents to the Embassy. I'm not sure about your embassy but... from what I've read, you should take original/certified copies and a photocopy of all civil documents (along with photos) to the interview. For Brazil at least.

Congrats to all the CC and the interview assigned!!

I called NVC today to see if the pictures and evidence I sent to USCIS was sent with my file and the operator said she doesn't know, but that she can tell me that my expedite was approved this morning!!

She said "I can have them pull your file to check for pictures but that would delay the transfer process". I said "NO!!!" LOL I can always have pictures printed out again.

So I said, oh well I already paid the AOS fee and it's "in process" should I pay the IV fee when it's available and she said "No, pay it directly to embassy"

Then I asked if I should send either of the packets to NVC or have him take it to the embassy, she said "Don't do anything or send us anything" She said wait to hear from embassy and take documents directly there. She said if I sent docs to NVS they will only send them back to me.

I said thank you and hung up.

I already paid the AOS fee, but that only necessary if the AOS is reviewed domestically, if AOS is reviewed at consulate the fee is not needed. Oh well. Don't care if I"m out $88 if it means I'll get to see Hubby before our anniversary.

If not for the expedite ( which I hope is a true expedite) his appointment would likely have been in late June.

Very happy but taking it with a grain of salt. U never know what could go wrong with this whole process!!

- M

CONGRATS!!! and NO!!! Do not send anything else to NVC. Everything will now be handled via the Embassy/Consulate.

Ughh...

NVC now say they haven't received our DS230 which was sent along with all the rest of our documents. Add this to the fact they say we have to wait 20 days for a review of Val's $150 bank statement, and you get the impression we are being messed about.

SO much for an expedite.

Not impressed.

:blink::angry: What is wrong with these people??? I'm so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine your frustration. Not only am I completely baffled... I'm also appauled. I'll be praying for you.

First of all congrats to everyone who have cc and best wishes for people who have interview assigned. My case was Completed at NVC yesterday :dance: :dance: (march 29th). Looking forward to interview date now :innocent:

CONGRATS !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.