J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Guys, I just printed out my barcoded sheet for my AOS and I see that the address is a bit different than what I've read on other sites:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR AOS

31 Rochester Avenue Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Just wanted to give anyone who hasn't sent theirs in yet a heads-up.

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Received reply from NVC that my Choice of Agent email was accepted! Hopefully I can pay my IV bill soon!

Oooh, its very soon..u sent it and got a reply in the same day..i wait about 5 days till i got the acceptance

Mary&Besho

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Nope, no negative effect. The AOS and IV are separate tracks. If you want, you can even send in the IV package first when it's ready and then send in the AOS later. As long as NVC gets both packages, they don't care what order they get it in.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My IV bill shows as paid now

Print the barcode cover sheet and send the documents asap. :thumbs: :thumbs:

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Print the barcode cover sheet and send the documents asap. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks alot, i will wat till early next week because my husband is too busy didnt complete his Aos yet..i will send the two packages early next week..

Good Luck to u , wish u a fast CC

Mary&Besho

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

For writing the case number, you can write in whatever color you want, it doesn't matter.

BUT, when you do signatures, make sure it's in blue ink. If it's in black, NVC might assume it's a photocopy and issue an RFE. So, always sign in blue ink.

Saylin! When I read this, I wanted to cry..

I just received the mailed documents from my kids (IR-2), and actually ready to send to NVC both the IV and AOS packets tomorrow morning. They signed in black ink ( page 2 of DS 230 and the I-864W for AOS).

When I checked, they do look like photocopies..OMG! I am still sending them both out tomorrow, and PRAY I don't get an RFE.

I paid my IV bill since March 4..

Saylin! When I read this, I wanted to cry..

I just received the mailed documents from my kids (IR-2), and actually ready to send to NVC both the IV and AOS packets tomorrow morning. They signed in black ink ( page 2 of DS 230 and the I-864W for AOS).

When I checked, they do look like photocopies..OMG! I am still sending them both out tomorrow, and PRAY I don't get an RFE.

I paid my IV bill since March 4..

Let's hope the officer that reviews your packages doesn't pay much attention to the signatures! Good luck!

HI Saylin,

I saw this now, on l-864 and l-864EZ instructions,

HOW SHOULD I COMPLETE THIS FORM?

- print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters.

- use BLACK INK

- If you need extra space to answer an item:

Maybe this was Dantes talking about :)

HI Saylin,

I saw this now, on l-864 and l-864EZ instructions,

HOW SHOULD I COMPLETE THIS FORM?

- print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters.

- use BLACK INK

- If you need extra space to answer an item:

Maybe this was Dantes talking about :)

That's just telling you how to complete the form, like in the boxes. That has nothing to do with the signature.

hi guys.. im back.lol i have a question about aos.. :help: i only have a copy of my husband's 1040EZ 2010 and W2 2010,same w/ our co-sponsor.. just wondering if is it enough? and do i still need the form I-134?? thank's in advance :)

USCIS:

07/21/2010 - NOA1

02/07/2011 - NOA2 approved! 201 days since NOA1!!!

02/14/2011 - NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

NVC:

02/15/2011 - NVC case number assigned

02/16/2011 - emailed ds3032 to nvc

02/17/2011 - gave both our email address.

02/18/2011 - DS3032 accepted.

03/15/2011 - AOS & IV paid. both "IN PROCESS"

03/16/2011 - AOS & IV show's "PAID"

03/24/2011 - Mailed AOS & IV pack to nvc

04/13/19/2011 - received an RFE email from NVC about my ds-230 and AOS form =/

04/22/2011 - (ds230 & Aos)Checklist sent to nvc

05/04/2011 - Sign In Failed!!! :)

05/05/2011 - Case Complete! :)

05/16/2011 - Interview Scheduled!

06/09/2011 - Interview date "APPROVED"

MEDICAL:

03/21/2011 - first day

03/22/2011 - medical result: IMMUNIZATION! =) thank god.

POE:

06/17/2011 - Received VISA

06/21/2011 - poe to SF :)yay!

06/21/2013 - 2year green card expiration date!

03/20/2013 - Mailed I-751 overnight express

07/19/2013 - Received RFE

08/19/2013 - RFE Received by CSC

08/22/2013 - GC APPROVED! :)

hi guys.. im back.lol i have a question about aos.. :help: i only have a copy of my husband's 1040EZ 2010 and W2 2010,same w/ our co-sponsor.. just wondering if is it enough? and do i still need the form I-134?? thank's in advance :)

If you have the 2010 1040 and W2s, you're good. And form I-134 is filled out by K-1 applicants, it has nothing to do with IR-1/CR-1.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When it rains, it pours...........................

We have hit a freaking roadblock and I am pi$ed. Wife called about an hour ago, pretty upset so I had a hard time understanding what she was saying.

Eventually I figured it out, for one, they said they do not have the divorce decree that I sent, the original and a copy. Christ!! She said that they said I could scan and email it to the Embassy.

Secondly, they are saying she was an OVERSTAY on her K-1 Visa even though we were married well within the 90 day window. We did not file AOS right away as I was laid off soon after we married. I made an INFOPASS appt back then to see what the requirements were for filing AOS and I was told there was NO time frame to apply. Good...........Long story short, unemployed for 5 months until I took a job across country in Florida. Due to the move and our son due 3 months after arriving, we delayed AOS once again. 4 months later I was laid off again, went a few months until I found work only to be laid off for a 3rd time. Needless to say, no income, no AOS. The economy really screwed me when it came to finding a damn solid job!!

Well, now we need to file an I-601 (Application for Waiver on Grounds of Inadmissibility) and pay an additional $585; they are expediting this. I am waiting for an email back from the Embassy since I cannot call and speak to anyone in the Visa Unit to confirm what my wife had explained to me. I am going over the I-601 and it is pretty straightforward, all 11 pages!! I'll email it to my wife and she can show up at the Embassy on Monday or Tuesday to continue this NIGHTMARE.

I want to BREAK something right now!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.