J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Thanks Saylin,

Lets Hope for for SIF sooon. They have not entered it in the system , but hopefully sooon and review it and approve it. So I can get the SIF AND CC.

Since you submitted the AOS last week, it'll probably be another week or so before they enter it. When did you send in the IV package?

Do I need to include previous years tax return even though I clicked on "I included only this year tax return"? Will I get RFE for having less income in previous years?

My employment letter says "XXXX requires this letter for Immigration purposes.". Is this fine?

What is packet 3 and packet 4

I know I have too many question. Thanks in advance

Edited by Me and my wife

Do I need to include previous years tax return even though I clicked on "I included only this year tax return"? Will I get RFE for having less income in previous years?

My employment letter says "XXXX requires this letter for Immigration purposes.". Is this fine?

What is packet 3 and packet 4

I know I have too many question. Thanks in advance

You don't need to include 2007 and 2008, just the most recent year 2009. For us, we included all three years, even though my husband was making below the poverty line. You shouldn't get an RFE if your income was low in previous years. My husband was in school for 2007 and only worked part time, the same for 2008. For 2009, he was in school for half a year, and then started work full time in the second half, so he was just over the line. That's why we included an employment letter and current pay stubs to show that he's now making $40k even though he doesn't have a tax return yet to prove it.

You don't need to say that on the employment letter, it's not needed. It just needs to mention petitioner's name, position, how long he's been working there, and his salary (for the year, not hourly). Then have it signed and date, preferably on company letterhead.

If I remember correctly, package 3 is the DS-230 (among a few others specific to fiancee visas) and package 4 is the interview package. But that's for K-1 visa applicants. People doing K-1 spend little time in NVC and get those packages from their embassy/consulate. They then fill package 3 out and mail it back to the embassy/consulate.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Guys I have a question.

When I filed I-130 I was employed. I recently became unemployed and between jobs. My 2010 1040 shows filed income above $18,387 which is the 1-864p, Poverty Guidelines.

Should I be worry? I will put unemployed and show necessary 2009/2010 2w's.

Guys I have a question.

When I filed I-130 I was employed. I recently became unemployed and between jobs. My 2010 1040 shows filed income above $18,387 which is the 1-864p, Poverty Guidelines.

We all are learning here. We do not the 100% right answer. But I think, one should have a job to apply for spouse. How you gonna support her when she gets here, when you are unemployed. Best bet will be to find co-sponsor. Plese correct me anyone if I am wrong.

Guys I have a question.

As Me and my wife said, I believe you need to have a current job to be a sponsor. You're most likely going to need a co-sponsor.

Timeline

As Me and my wife said, I believe you need to have a current job to be a sponsor. You're most likely going to need a co-sponsor.

Thanks. Its for my father who was here for 8 years and he abandoned his residence in 2009 had valid greed card. Still has his social security when he left the states. But right now I am leaving alone and and don't have anyone that can be co-sponsor. I have come all the way with my I-130. I called NVC and ask them and they said its upto officer/embassy, we will let you know if you meet the requirement once we received the paperwork.

Edited by vishal.p

Thanks. Its for my father who was here for 8 years and he abandoned his residence in 2009 had valid greed card & social security when he left the states. But right now I am leaving alone and and don't have anyone that can be co-sponsor. I have come all the way with my I-130. I called NVC and ask them and they said its upto officer/embassy, we will let you know if you meet the requirement once we received the paperwork.

Well, you can always try, since you said you filed 2010 taxes and you met the income level. If they don't ask any questions about the sponsor's current job/income at the interview, you might be fine.

Timeline

Well, you can always try, since you said you filed 2010 taxes and you met the income level. If they don't ask any questions about the sponsor's current job/income at the interview, you might be fine.

Thanks.

I am hoping by the time he reaches the interview level I will have a job.

Thanks.

I am hoping by the time he reaches the interview level I will have a job.

That'd be really good if you can get a job before then. If I were you, I'd feel a lot safer having a job, because they might put you on AP until you get a co-sponsor if you're currently unemployed. And that's if you don't get an RFE from NVC first.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

People who paid IV Bill and got their cover sheet ..Is the mailling address for IV packet is the same one as AOS packeg

this is the AOS package mail address

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR AOS

31 Rochester Avenue Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 038012914

whats is the IV package mail address

Mary&Besho

People who paid IV Bill and got their cover sheet ..Is the mailling address for IV packet is the same one as AOS packeg

this is the AOS package mail address

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR AOS

Portsmouth, NH 038012914

whats is the IV package mail address

This is what's listed on my IV cover sheet:

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR

Portsmouth, NH 038012914

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since you submitted the AOS last week, it'll probably be another week or so before they enter it. When did you send in the IV package?

Hi Saylin,

They recieved my AOS package on Monday and they got the Ds-230 package on Tuesday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.