arwensun1965

Need some advice!!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear all

I am in a bit of a situation, I miss my children so much that I would like to go back home, I love my husband very much we have discussed this and we are now wondering where we stand. We are going to stay married but we are worried about the potential ramifications regarding problems with USCIS after the AOS process. Are we required to notify anyone of our situation, meaning that I will be no longer living in the USA and yet we both will still be married, which is what we both want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the support that you have given in the past.

Janice and Jon

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Janice.....

I am sorry to read this, I am sure someone will be along to give you some advice. I see you have your interview on the 22nd of this month...do you intend to still go ahead with it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry you miss your children. If your interview is coming up i would recommend staying as long as you can and get through AOS. Get that Green Card. Then you can travel back and forth whenever. My husband got his card and has recently traveled back to visit his father who is in need of help for a few months.

What will you do permanently away from your husband?

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Oh wow Janice.......I know you would of both thought this through but isnt there a way of you going back for a month or so once AOS is complete to spend time with them. This just seems so drastic when you do love Jon so very much. I do know how hard it is being away from your children though :( I miss mine terribly and its just over 5 weeks now since I left australia.

Once you have immigrant status you can spend quite a bit of time outside of the US but you must not be seen to of abandoned status. I dont see why you would have to notify them if you are staying married. You may very well change your mind down the path. Not sure if that is what you were after.

Maintaining Permanent Residence

You may lose your permanent residence status if you commit an act that makes you removable from the United States under the law in section 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you commit such an act, you may be brought before the immigration courts to determine your right to remain a Permanent Resident.

You may be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you:

Move to another country intending to live there permanently.

Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

Remain outside of the US for more than two years after issuance of a reentry permit without obtaining a returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the US for any period.

Declare yourself a “nonimmigrant” on your tax returns.

Biggest hugs

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Sorry to hear of this, hope your situation is resolved soon.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Oh wow Janice.......I know you would of both thought this through but isnt there a way of you going back for a month or so once AOS is complete to spend time with them. This just seems so drastic when you do love Jon so very much. I do know how hard it is being away from your children though :( I miss mine terribly and its just over 5 weeks now since I left australia.

I wish there was some way I could have both in my life permanent but to be honest the ex partner has not allowed this. It is a little complicated to say the least, so I must return soon or I will lose my children. I nievely thought that the "ex" would be amicable in all of this for the sake of the children and there happiness but he has not and neither has his mother who I left responsible for my children. The agreement before I left England was that my children would come and visit me twice a year, but I have heard nothing from him since I have been here although he does know my e-mail address, I have spoken with the children via messenger and a few phone calls but nothing has been said about them visiting. As for my eldest child I do have constant contact with her but the ex has not allowed my youngest two children to go and visit with her.

I need to go and sort out everything, maybe as some have put it face up to my responsibilities. I need to do this now. I know people will say it is what I deserve and to be quite honest it probably is but there is no turning the clock back, I can only go forward and try to put things right. What Jon and I need is pratical support from anyone who has ever been in this situation. We both love each other dearly and have cried a lot of tears over this but now is the time to start putting things into action so to speak. I have been told that I am too nice about things and that is why the ex partner and his mother did the things they thought they could do to me. Well that they will soon see was the wrong thing to do.

Janice

IMO anyone who says 'its what you deserve' needs a quiet word with a large hammer - no-one 'deserves' to be treated the way your ex and his mother have apparently treated you - good luck Jan - I hope it can be resolved so you CAN have both in your life; I'm guessing there's no way your hubby can re-locate to the UK for a few years til the kids are grown so I wish you best of British and a fast resolve *hugs*

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Other Timeline

depending how long you stay you may or may not lose your status in the US, as Lorelle has posted already. this may make travelling to the US difficult, after your green card has been recinded, and you may be denied entry, for the same old reasons that we all had before we got our visas. I can vouch for the strain this puts on a marriage, to have one spouse not allowed to visit the other's country! BTDT, its not fun.

Can't your husband move to the UK so then you can have your cake and eat it too? The immigration process for spouses to move to the UK is so much easier than USCIS, and faster too.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Is there any way that Jon could come and live with you in the UK, Janice? It's a much easier process, if there's no reason he absolutely has to stay here.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Is there any way that Jon could come and live with you in the UK, Janice? It's a much easier process, if there's no reason he absolutely has to stay here.

good point!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I was wondering the same thing about Jon moving. I can't fathom being married and having a constant long distance relationship (with seemingly no end in sight).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i agree with jaylen - hands jaylen the 16 pound sledgehammer - you go girl :thumbs:

janice, it's sad when an ex denies your rights to have a normal relationship with your children and uses them as pawns in whatever game the ex has in mind. i do hope that you are able to resolve this quickly and to your satisfaction (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I wish Jon could come with me to England, oh would that make things simple but because of a few private things here in the USA he can not do so, I do not begrudge him anything regarding this and I never will, there is a question we would like to ask though regarding this, when he comes to see me in England and he has to go through customs what does he say?? Jon is a tiny bit worried that if he says the wrong thing they will not allow him into England??

Janice

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Janice,

If you are going back to battle with your ex in court, take a word of advice. FORGET ABOUT BEING NICE!!!!! Danette and I have tried this with her ex. All it got us was her losing custody of her kids. Forget about taking the "high road". Nail his azz with ALL that you can, even if it seems minor to you!

As for those who might say you got what you deserve :angry: , they dont have a f&$%ing clue what it is like. So forget them and pay no mind to what they might say.

Best of luck to you,

Bruce

Same rules apply as when you visited here. He needs to be honest and bring proof of ties to America with him.

I told the guy at Heathrow on my last visit that I was there to see family. I had a copy of my mortgage statement in my bag just in case, but he didn't ask another question - stamped my passport and I was through.

I'm really surprised that Jon can't (won't?) move to England. I have to trust what you say, but its really amazing to me that he can't make some kind of arrangements so that you two can live together as a couple and so that you can be with your children.

If Chas had children, I don't care what mountains I'd have to move, but I'd definitely be relocating to the UK.

SA4userbar.jpg