Timeline

You have six options:

Keep waiting

Withdraw your petition and cancel everything

Keep waiting

Move to their country

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You have six options:

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Move to their country

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

real easy to say when your already approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know what you are going through.. Its a nightmare.. I got my N0A2 on Monday and honestly believe it was after sending an e-mail.. have you seen it on one of my earlier posts.. if you don't get a reply in a couple of days forward them the same mail, and again, and again. If you get a reply that looks automated? Forward it again and again.. we did and we got a reply from a real person and an approval shortly after.. if you can't find the mail we sent PM me and Ill send it.. Im not going to say hang in there, be patient or any of the condescending nonsense that flies around here from people who are now approved.. Just keep at em and I really hope you get it soon..

Ally.

u are totally right I have the same issue with USCIS now almost 6months waiting with no move.but I saw ur posts before in once when u was pushing them so hard to pay attention about how its really too much to handle waiting with all patient until 5months timeframe is over then nothing happening so I sent them and they answered me after like a week.but I think now its time to pass to the next plan keep sending them more and more.bcs sometimes they can be going really so unhelpful to advise u go and wait for 60days more WHY thats what Im trying to find a logical reason for.so I learned enough from this experience dealing with USCIS than patience but after 5months of patience its time to fight and get our rights as a customer.good luck for all ppl waiting for their NOA2.

Edited by Karim&San

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have six options:

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Move to their country

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

TOTALLY DISAGREE with u,yeah its different to talk about this after u are approved but if u go back and extend ur approval for another 4months then u can make another list than this enological one.u can ask ppl who used this before to cross their arms and just wait then USCIS ppl are always forgotten and losing paperwork then what they are just blaming the petitioner to send them again with a RFE that in case u are seeking to know whats wrong.its not helpful at all what u said maybe better for u.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya gotta love these people who look down on you and think they are better than you because their SO is already with them. For all the help it does us, it kinda reminds me of a screen door on a submarine.

This does not go out to all who completed their journeys nor to even most who did, just a select few. No need to name names because you know who you are, and so does everyone else.

So why don't you become a screen door on someone else's submarine. This submarine does not need one.

:no:: :no: :no: :no:

Edited by Al422

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I dunno, you should get an ISO http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm#5

then when you have an ISO - ask them to review case status - THEY can - it's on their screen.

Thanks so much for this. I've begun mentally preparing to call at the end of the month and this will help loads!

"Many waters cannot quench love." -Song of Solomon 8:7

Petition Sent: August 21, 2010

NOA1 Received: August 26, 2010

Touches: The October 3rd Touch of Death :)

And did you get what

you wanted from this life, even so?

I did.

And what did you want?

To call myself beloved, to feel myself

beloved on the earth.

-Late Fragment by Raymond Carver

IT COULD BE WORSE. You could be stuck in a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. Or dead.

real easy to say when your already approved

I say the same thing. And I'm not already approved.

It's so funny how the first thing people jump on is "are you already approved?" as if people who are waiting do not share the same thoughts.

You can keep waiting, pull your petition, or move to another country. And no, I am NOT approved yet. Thanks.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's so funny how the first thing people jump on is "are you already approved?" as if people who are waiting do not share the same thoughts.

You can keep waiting, pull your petition, or move to another country. And no, I am NOT approved yet. Thanks.

Well if you say the same thing as him then you must be just as rude..I'm pretty sure the OP didn't expect a response from someone which stated he has six options four of which were "keep waiting" especially from someone whose visa was approved over a year ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is off the topic: But when I called after my 5th months, they were very kind and helpful to me. For some reason I feel uncomfortable threaten those guys in USCIS. I don't it is a wife idea. My opinion only.

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I passed my 5-month time window recently from my NOA1. I called USCIS mid-day today and spoke with their first-level customer service. I told her I was outside the time window as stated on their website, so I wanted to put in a service request as suggested by the last customer service representative I called a few weeks ago. She tried putting it in, but their system was not working correctly, so she asked me to call back to put in a service request in about 2 or 3 hours. I then asked her if I can speak with a higher level customer service or an immigration officer to ask him or her about the delays with the processing time for VSC.

I was transferred to the so called "higher-level" customer rep, and he basically reiterated the same BS nonsense the last woman told me, except he behaved as though he was doing me the favor (not surprising since it is the government) as I can tell from his tone and did not even want to continue the conversation or help me much. I asked him if I can contact an immigration officer or someone at VSC either through phone or email. He answered me once that such information was withdrawn several years ago. I asked him to repeat the message as I did not hear him correctly the first time. He completely stayed silent with no intention of helping me any further. I asked if he was still on the line. And he threatened that he would terminate the call now. I told him it was very rude of him to speak this way to someone who paid a lot of money for a service that was promised in the 5-month time window and was not delivered. I threatened him back that if he hangs up, I'll have to report him, which of course I could not do since I neither had his name or his customer rep number, but since he threatened me, I felt he deserved it too. And he hung up the phone on me.

I called back USCIS and spoke to a woman who was more helpful this time around. Although she reiterated the same information as the last 2 people, I told her that USCIS continues to ask us to call back after 30 days although I called them almost 30 days ago, not to mention now I am truly outside their processing time window as promised on their website. So she must have felt a little remorse for me and gave me 2 email addresses I can contact later on at VSC. I do not understand how some people on this site get helpful people on the line at USCIS who give them more information than what they read from a script.

In summary, at the time of this writing, VSC is processing I-129F applications filed back on July 24th and if I do not hear something in the next 30 days, I should call back again. My fiancee and I are both at our wit's end about this process. We have not seen each other in over 7 months, and this wait is pushing us to our emotional limits. At this point, we don't know what to do, and I am at a loss to understand what is the next step if another month goes by and USCIS repeats this same BS all over again.

I waited 6 months and then called as directed. I then waited for them to look at it. Got an RFE and submitted that. RFE cost me 3 weeks. Approved after 7.5 months. Still waiting to get through the NVC next month will be 1 year. I expected a year long wait now they are making it even longer. I am calling the NVC tonight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To contact your elected official . . . if you don't know who that is you can find them through these websites:

http://www.senate.go...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.usa.gov/C...t/Elected.shtml

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Go to their webpages and they will have information about how to have them investigate a concern or complaint. You will need to fill out an authorization form of some type - most of them have one online that you can download - and then either fax or mail or hand-deliver it to their office. Most of them have staff dedicated to immigration concerns and all of them have access to immigration department liaisons who they can approach for information/advice/assistance.

Some elected officials are really good about 'pushing' for the information you need; others are not so good and either don't do the necessary work or don't put the necessary effort into it. If one fails to deliver, remember the name (you won't be voting for them next time :P ) and then approach another representative. Hopefully one will be able to help. They don't have the ability to get your case processed faster by jumping the queue, but they can find out what is going on and if there is a problem, help you get it resolved.

Remember that they, too, will not get any real information unless you are outside of the posted processing times.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Well if you say the same thing as him then you must be just as rude..I'm pretty sure the OP didn't expect a response from someone which stated he has six options four of which were "keep waiting" especially from someone whose visa was approved over a year ago.

If you want to call me rude for pointing out realistic options, then I guess I'm rude. So the OP got a response of '6 options' from someone already approved, and a response of '3 options' from someone not approved. They are realistic options, though, since there really isn't much the OP can do.

Unfortunately, all of our hands are tied when it comes to USCIS. Even talking to a congressman doesn't get USCIS to jump all over your petition, and that's just the way it is.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

You have six options:

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Move to their country

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Baron --u dont need to be so sarcastic -- It took you only 105 days to get your NOA2 and 254 days from NOA1 to interview .Ours might take that time just to get our NOA2 .Just be sensitive of your fellow VJ members . We have a long walk down this ''never ending street''.We would not give up and We will get there .Best wishes to you and yours .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

So what option did u take Kiwi Bird ??

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.