KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is very hard for all of us, and for those of us who have had petitions returned, it is sometimes very difficult to deal with and understand. However, immigration is not a right, it is a privledge. And publicly bad mouthing our own country or the interviewing CO in public forums is just not a good idea. Certainly it won't help.

That said.....I want my husband today!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agreed...you have to see their side also Malika...over 75% of denied cases DON'T refile....that's a HUGE number...so they test us...and I was bitter about a denial at first too, until I realized it was for a reason & yes its hard & frustrating, but in the long run the denial has brought us a lot closer & we have learned a lot more about eachother fighting through it together. And not everyone makes it through denials & it just proves that they weren't serious enough to begin with, so instead of thinking of it as them thinking you or your husband r bad or they dont like u, etc. Think of it as a challenge to prove them wrong!! And u will be a much stronger couple because of it, because if u can fight through this, u can fight through anything.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Wow! 75% don't refile Monica? Is that Casa denials or all consulates?

It reminds me of a woman who filed for a fiance in Morocco, was denied, was indignant about it, complained about the co being horrible, etc, etc, etc. Within a year she had ended relationship with Moroccan, complained he had been abusive, and had married a man from another MENA country and was going to file for a visa for him.

So, was the co horrible for denying that visa?

Monica,

Any word on whether Casa received your paperwork?

Timeline

I've seen a lot of stories like that online, Msheesha. Including several where the woman rails against the CO for denying her man, fights and re-files and they are successful at the second interview, and then a few years down the road he leaves her and she suspects it was fraud all along. Of course, there are others who skate through on the first attempt and later claim fraud, and others who fail the first interview, make it on the second, and the relationship lasts, too... It's too bad that the consulate isn't perfect in either direction and there are some real couples who get denied and some frauds who get through. I'm not entirely sure what I think the solution is. It's probably a good idea that they should be required to at least glance through the evidence brought to the interview, sure, but just because someone brings 500 pictures all taken in a 12 day time period or 5000 pages of chats wouldn't convince me of anything unless those pictures demonstrated chemistry and affectionate body language and those chats showed real communication, chemistry, and so on. Sometimes I've read posters list the quantity of proof they submitted as if that is all it takes, and if I were a CO I know I'd be MUCH more interested in quality. Lots of pictures would be great if I'm seeing smiles and relaxed posture and all those little signs that 2 people are into each other and the family is happy, but the sheer volume of hundreds and hundreds of unflattering and awkward photos would just convince me in the other direction....Ditto on reams of paper filled with chats showing a language barrier or superficial flattery with no substance underneath.

Just to be clear, this isn't a response to anyone's particular situation. I know there are several members fighting denials right now and I haven't seen most of their pictures or know anything about their relationships personally, and the one member whose pictures I have seen look cute and happy to my eyes and did not make me suspicious. I hope for all of their sakes that they get reunited with their loved ones soon and have long and loving relationships! I'm just kind of thinking out loud about some of the situations I have read about online and wondering what the CO's must see day-in, day-out, and trying to put myself in their shoes. (With no training on body language or Moroccan cultural norms....I hope they have that!)

Edited by Crossed_fingers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have to admit that I am happy the way things worked out for my husband and I. Being that we were denied the first time around really helped us learn more about each other. I could have re-filed immediately but somehow I just was guided to file 3 years later(perhaps extreme) but I saw that my fiance (then) was always by my side. Now if his intention is fraud then I can say he's a real good actor and should be up for an Oscar lol. So far things are better then I ever imagined. The dust has settled in and he's become more adapted to the culture here. I have not seen any red flags from him. I always remain positive, never showing him any doubt but I guess that would go for any relationship I was in. After all we've been through nothing seems impossible at this point.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

I agree with you on the issue of there being some positive in the first denial.

For me, it gave me the opportunity to go to Morocco many more times than I would have gone if we were approved the first time. It gave me the opportunity to get to know my mother and father in law more than I would have been able to if approved first time.

I was able to see of Morocco and experience different places and things there, etc.

And, of course it gave us more time together prior to him coming here.

So, I agree it wasn't all negative.

Now, realistically, I don't know that I always saw the positive while we were going thru the denials, but it's always good to try to see and feel the positive aspects.

Timeline

the first denial was horrible....but we believe it was what God wanted at the time....I just hope God doesn't want us to wait more :unsure: I am leaving for Morocco in less than 48 hours, feeling very anxious, nervous, excited....really just sick to my stomach :unsure: I can't wait to be on that plane monday!!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

We are so close to getting a CC from NVC....hopefully by the end of the week....I leave monday to see my husband, and we can't wait to veg out together LOL....anyways, I hope and pray, and pray and hope that our interview goes well this time....because it went TERRIBLE the first time around....

I am anxiously awaiting your update. I hope all goes well for you.

Timeline

things in morocco are GREAT! Nvc just told us the document we sent is the wrong one, but it isn't....so trying to figure things out

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

things in morocco are GREAT! Nvc just told us the document we sent is the wrong one, but it isn't....so trying to figure things out

Hope you're enjoying your trip! I'm so jealous! I MISS Morocco, it's like my second home! :wub:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow! 75% don't refile Monica? Is that Casa denials or all consulates?

It reminds me of a woman who filed for a fiance in Morocco, was denied, was indignant about it, complained about the co being horrible, etc, etc, etc. Within a year she had ended relationship with Moroccan, complained he had been abusive, and had married a man from another MENA country and was going to file for a visa for him.

So, was the co horrible for denying that visa?

Monica,

Any word on whether Casa received your paperwork?

That was 75% of Casa denials. And I agree with everyone on the denial...it has helped bring us sooo much closer & learn so much more about eachother, how to handle stress & pressure together, etc. And like someone else said, after this nothing else seems so hard :) And yes they got the paperwork, not sure of the exact date...hoping for news soon...will let you know as soon as I get any to share. Best of luck to everybody!!

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Glad to hear things are moving along with you Monica...I have always followed your case, and was really surprised when you guys were denied....Me on the other hand am losing patience....we are now starting our FOURTH month at the NVC....really never, ever expected to be here this long....we just realized that his first original police record expired 2 weeks ago, so now to be safe, hubby is getting the police record, and the casier judiciare again. I have a feeling they will request a new one since that one is expired....and I am sick of waiting for a SIF from them....ughhhhhh :angry: :angry:

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.