KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

soo.. I've been working my butt off lately and haven't had much time for VJ, but I came across this video the other day and found it interesting: http://moroccoboard.com/news/34-news-release/4905-us-state-depttalks-to-moroccan-americans-about-visas so I shared it with my husband. Immediately, he said "THAT'S HER! She's one of the ones who interviewed me!". And "she" is the chief of the non immigrant visa section of the consulate in Casablanca. For those who don't remember, my husband's interview was one of those "saved for last" interviews, and he was grilled by two CO's (one of which I now know is the section chief) and they frequently sent him away from the window to talk amongst themselves about our case. I thought that for those who will soon be interviewing, it might be nice to show this video to their SO's, tell them who this woman is, and relay to them that if they see her behind the glass, they may be in for a doozy of an interview. Also it helps to assess the type of individual interviewing you. Hope it helps..

Sarah

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hadnt thought of that Sarah...I think he had 2 ppl interview him too...will have to check again. How is everybody doing? Still waiting for the case to get to Casa for a new interview here.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Hi Monica ~ Everything's going well here; thanks for asking. We've been incredibly blessed. Husband has been working in his field within a couple of weeks of his arrival, and thankfully transition has been relatively smooth. We're both very thankful for that.

How is everyone else? Monica, any idea when they anticipate your case will be in Casa, and when you will be scheduled for interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're waiting for a decision at USCIS on our 3-page RFE. Our lawyer turned the papers in last week. She said to expect a 2-4 month wait on a decision. I guess lots of questions were raised because we married on my first visit. But we were ready, after spending hours and hours every night on MSN for a year.... It's sooooo difficult to wait. It's been 8 months since we filed. I thought while we're waiting I might as well read the forums to see what is going on with everyone else. That's great that you were approved and your husband is adjusting so well and with a job already...:))

Hi Monica ~ Everything's going well here; thanks for asking. We've been incredibly blessed. Husband has been working in his field within a couple of weeks of his arrival, and thankfully transition has been relatively smooth. We're both very thankful for that.

How is everyone else? Monica, any idea when they anticipate your case will be in Casa, and when you will be scheduled for interview?

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

We're waiting for a decision at USCIS on our 3-page RFE. Our lawyer turned the papers in last week. She said to expect a 2-4 month wait on a decision. I guess lots of questions were raised because we married on my first visit. But we were ready, after spending hours and hours every night on MSN for a year.... It's sooooo difficult to wait. It's been 8 months since we filed. I thought while we're waiting I might as well read the forums to see what is going on with everyone else. That's great that you were approved and your husband is adjusting so well and with a job already...:))

Waiting is definitely difficult, but worth it once my husband got here. If you're able to use the time constructively and get things as prepared as possible, that's helpful too.

We both used the time to save money so he was able to buy a car the first or second week he was here, etc - that was incredibly helpful, and led to him feeling a sense of independence. And, the job is the biggest blessing of all.

What did they request in the RFE? Have you been able to go back after your marriage and first visit? Hope the response comes quickly for you!

Timeline

Is that what the RFE stated? What did they ask for, if you don't mind me asking? My husband and I were married on my first visit also and we had no trouble at all. I did send in two affidavits, one from a friend and another from his brother and they clearly spelled out the progression of our relationship according to these people who were very close to us. Perhaps that helped. I just say this because it is important you know what the red flags are, if there are any, when you get to the interview stage so you are prepared and have the best chance of success. I don't mean to cause any sort of worry at all but I just wanted to point out that there are many who do marry on the first visit so that in and of itself does not seem to be enough to cause a delay but maybe procedures have changed in the past 10 months??

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

I would like to join this discussion....my husband and I are waiting for the final reviews at the nvc....actually waiting for a document from morocco that we forgot....then once that gets to the nvc, that is all they are waiting for.....I just watched the video someone posted about spousal visas and interviews....frankly, I was feeling so good, but am getting so nervous....we are expecting an interview in feb....this will be his second time....we were denied the k1 in jan of 09. I am getting so sad, and so nervous, and he is getting nervous about leaving his family, since his father just recently passed away. I am going to morocco for his interview, and I really feel good about our chances, but am scared for another denial....we will wait as long as it takes, but really don't know how I can go another year without my husband, which in turn keeps our lives on hold....just looking for some support because I know everyone here understands....thanks

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

Thats great he was able to work so quickly...I'm sure that helps alot!! As for us...Senator said we should hear by Jan 3rd about it being sent to Casa...we will see...if not, another call to the senator's office...LOL And assuming atleast a month out for an interview...so figuring the very earliest would be February...who knows though...not planning anything this time until visa is in hand...LOL Hope everybody has a great 2011!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I would like to join this discussion....my husband and I are waiting for the final reviews at the nvc....actually waiting for a document from morocco that we forgot....then once that gets to the nvc, that is all they are waiting for.....I just watched the video someone posted about spousal visas and interviews....frankly, I was feeling so good, but am getting so nervous....we are expecting an interview in feb....this will be his second time....we were denied the k1 in jan of 09. I am getting so sad, and so nervous, and he is getting nervous about leaving his family, since his father just recently passed away. I am going to morocco for his interview, and I really feel good about our chances, but am scared for another denial....we will wait as long as it takes, but really don't know how I can go another year without my husband, which in turn keeps our lives on hold....just looking for some support because I know everyone here understands....thanks

Hi,

It is tough feeling like they have your lives in their hands. But, don't give into that feeling if you can help it! Look into things you can start researching for when he's here - jobs in his field, school info if he's going to go to school, party planning generally if you are going to have a wedding celebration when he gets here, mosques, etc, etc, etc. Focusing on those kinds of things helped to ease my frustration and keep my mind on positive things.

I hope things move quickly and go really well for you. weren't you denied b/c your case was too organized?? Your paperwork was too organized? Will you be able to make any trips over to see him before the interview?

Timeline

Hi,

It is tough feeling like they have your lives in their hands. But, don't give into that feeling if you can help it! Look into things you can start researching for when he's here - jobs in his field, school info if he's going to go to school, party planning generally if you are going to have a wedding celebration when he gets here, mosques, etc, etc, etc. Focusing on those kinds of things helped to ease my frustration and keep my mind on positive things.

I hope things move quickly and go really well for you. weren't you denied b/c your case was too organized?? Your paperwork was too organized? Will you be able to make any trips over to see him before the interview?

yeah, they said they hated our package.....way too much info....i went for 3 weeks in march when we got married, and am going for a week when we get his interview date. Actually, my younger sister is getting married in april, so this was always our hopeful goal of him being here by then....so yes, he is shopping for a nice suit to wear since he will be in our family pics....and I am the matron of honor, so am busy planning a wedding lol....depending on when he actually came home, I was going to throw a surprise party for us....but it depends how close he comes to my sisters wedding...we are letting ourselves imagine life together now that we are so close, so we are def excited. And I told him no rehearsing interview questions, because they said they could tell we went over questions before his interview....eh anyways, we figure many denied cases don't ever make it back, so us sticking it out another year can only look good for us....we do feel very positive this time, but still so nerve-wracking!!!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

yeah, they said they hated our package.....way too much info....i went for 3 weeks in march when we got married, and am going for a week when we get his interview date. Actually, my younger sister is getting married in april, so this was always our hopeful goal of him being here by then....so yes, he is shopping for a nice suit to wear since he will be in our family pics....and I am the matron of honor, so am busy planning a wedding lol....depending on when he actually came home, I was going to throw a surprise party for us....but it depends how close he comes to my sisters wedding...we are letting ourselves imagine life together now that we are so close, so we are def excited. And I told him no rehearsing interview questions, because they said they could tell we went over questions before his interview....eh anyways, we figure many denied cases don't ever make it back, so us sticking it out another year can only look good for us....we do feel very positive this time, but still so nerve-wracking!!!

I hope everything goes smoothly & quickly for u guys this time. And I hear ya about the questions...I also told him no "studying" info...lol He went in too serious last time & told him to just relax & answer from the heart & not just his head...not all that easy to get him to understand what I meant by that though...lol :bonk:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

The RFE didn't state why we got it, but that's what the lawyer said. She said that when you go for the first time and get married it raises questions. She said there weren't any red flags in our file but that the information was inadequate. I followed the guides to a "t", and she agreed with that, but it still wasn't enough proof of a real marriage. For example, I had affidavits (several of them) but they weren't detailed enough, had itineraries but no proof of payment for my flight, had my birth certificate but not the pages of my passport, etc. I had over 300 pages of chats that she said weren't any good because they were from MSN, which come from our received files. For the RFE I sent pages of Gmail (Thank God we started talking on there) and screenshots of our account pages. I didn't have enough pictures (27), etc. I think maybe the adjucator didn't see proof of payment for the flights and maybe no passport pages and automatically sent out the RFE. I don't know. The RFE wanted so much information.....I will find a copy of it and post it, because I know some other members that got the same one posted it here.

Is that what the RFE stated? What did they ask for, if you don't mind me asking? My husband and I were married on my first visit also and we had no trouble at all. I did send in two affidavits, one from a friend and another from his brother and they clearly spelled out the progression of our relationship according to these people who were very close to us. Perhaps that helped. I just say this because it is important you know what the red flags are, if there are any, when you get to the interview stage so you are prepared and have the best chance of success. I don't mean to cause any sort of worry at all but I just wanted to point out that there are many who do marry on the first visit so that in and of itself does not seem to be enough to cause a delay but maybe procedures have changed in the past 10 months??

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I wish you the best of luck with the interview:) I agree, that some people probably give up after being denied, but if their love is real and strong they will keep fighting to be together, so I think you have a good chance this time. Take care.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.