KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hope everybody is having a good weekend...i had a good birthday...just hung out at home with family. Hope there is more good news with the interview this week.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do u have any pointers for others that may be filing the CR1 first time around? Did you guys get married the first visit or anything like that? Always helps to learn from others cases...if u don't mind sharing.

Hey Monica totally missed your question the other day...sorry. We married during my first visit..I had stayed in Morocco for a month...the reason for our case to be sent back could of been many reasons I thought like..his English was not good at all....my divorce from my ex-husband had finalized five months before we married..we married soon after meeting..there were quit a bit of red flags..when it came time to resend proof of our relationship I sent in a huge box of everything I had collected over the three years of our marriage..photos.letters.emails.chat logs.phone records.plane tickets.passport stamps.mail with both of our names on it.letters from friends and family talking about our relationship and how they knew about the marriage..I even sent some emails where my sister and I had conversations about things going on in our relationship..arguments even I sent lol...just to prove how real our marriage is..I had to send all I could because they thought I had married him to help him get to the USA..let me tell you when I read that letter from USCIS I about died because I never really knew the reason for our case to be sent back until that morning two years later..anyways second time around during his interview they did it all in Arabic..I was just so happy that they gave him the chance to prove how much he loved me by pouring his heart out to them...that is exactly what he did and now my husband gets to come home to me after so long..you know I am very happy that he has his visa after waiting all that time..but you know things are so different today our relationship took a huge beating..we held on to each other through out this nightmare..there is a lot of time we can not take back ..I am not the same person I was when he married me..I had to struggle alone for so long..it was not easy I am sure for him as well..but they didn't break us by keeping us apart..our love is still strong and now we can begin our lives together..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Monica totally missed your question the other day...sorry. We married during my first visit..I had stayed in Morocco for a month...the reason for our case to be sent back could of been many reasons I thought like..his English was not good at all....my divorce from my ex-husband had finalized five months before we married..we married soon after meeting..there were quit a bit of red flags..when it came time to resend proof of our relationship I sent in a huge box of everything I had collected over the three years of our marriage..photos.letters.emails.chat logs.phone records.plane tickets.passport stamps.mail with both of our names on it.letters from friends and family talking about our relationship and how they knew about the marriage..I even sent some emails where my sister and I had conversations about things going on in our relationship..arguments even I sent lol...just to prove how real our marriage is..I had to send all I could because they thought I had married him to help him get to the USA..let me tell you when I read that letter from USCIS I about died because I never really knew the reason for our case to be sent back until that morning two years later..anyways second time around during his interview they did it all in Arabic..I was just so happy that they gave him the chance to prove how much he loved me by pouring his heart out to them...that is exactly what he did and now my husband gets to come home to me after so long..you know I am very happy that he has his visa after waiting all that time..but you know things are so different today our relationship took a huge beating..we held on to each other through out this nightmare..there is a lot of time we can not take back ..I am not the same person I was when he married me..I had to struggle alone for so long..it was not easy I am sure for him as well..but they didn't break us by keeping us apart..our love is still strong and now we can begin our lives together..

I am glad it all worked out for you in the end. There are a few of us getting ready to file for the second time around....like Monica and me. I hope our stories can end like yours.

Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing!!! And I know what you mean about being different...they cut u off at the knees to see how you will survive, and unfortunately not everyone does. But those who do prove how strong their relationships really are :) I'm so glad everything worked out for you both & I hope the coming refilers (and first timers) get through smoothly!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Happy Bday Monica. Glad is was a good day for you! :)

thanks...yeah...was nice :) Now i have an empty house for 4 days...don't know what to do with myself...keep music playing so it doesn't feel so empty...funny how when u have kids u hope for those moments of silence & alone time, and then when u get them, u don't know what to do with them...lol

Probably cuz it gives me too much time to think...that can be dangerous these days :unsure:

Have watched some very eye opening movies lately:

http://www.takepart.com/thecove

Guess I have too much time on my hands....But I have been learning a lot :)

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM3dhWFT_Ks

Guess all of these movies & stuff have started me thinking....what will this world be like for our children & the generations to come. Can be very scary if you really think about it.

Sorry...i know i'm off topic...avoiding helps sometimes though :whistle:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Well I've been getting a few requests for the questions that we put together from all the previous interivews (i know there are more). So i thought I'd share with everyone...can't hurt!!

Initial meeting and courtship :

• When and Where did you meet ?

• When did your relationship become romantic ?

• When did you first meet person to person ?

• Why did you fall in love with her ?

• When did you propose marriage ?

• Did you give your fiancee an engagement ring ? Describe it.

• Why do you marry an American and not a Moroccan ?

• What the two of you have in common ?

• What are your plans for your wedding ?

Information about my fiancee’s life :

• When and Where was your fiancee born ?

• Where does she live ?

• What is your fiancee’s cell phone ?

• What does she do for a living ?

• How long has your fiancee had this job ?

• How much does she make ? Who is her supervisor ? What is ur fiancee’s office number ?

• What does/did she study in school ?

• Describe your fiancee’s education ?

• What jobs has she had in the past ?

• She worked as : From To

• Month Year Month Year

• Is your fiancee planning to change careers ?

• Who is your fiancee’s movie star ? Favorite movie ?

• What is her favourite book or auther ?

• Does your fiancee play or watch sports ? Which ones ?

• What kind of car does your fiancee drive ?

• What has your fiancee told you about her childhood ?

• What is one of your fiancee’s long-term goals ?

• What is one thing your fiancee would like to change about herself ?

• What is your fiancee frightened of ? ( Any phobias ? )

• Does your fiancee have any allergies ?

• Does your fiancee take any medication ?

• Has your fiancee had surgery ?

• What is your religion ? What is your fiancee’s religion ?

• Does your fiancee regularly attend religious services? Tell me more about her beliefs.

• What religious holidays do you plan to celebrate together, if any ?

• What type of agreements do you and your fiancee have about religion ?

• If you have children, what religion do you plan to raise them in or teach them ?

• How do you think you and your fiancee will discipline and train your children ? Are you in agreement about methods of discipline ?

• What do you and your fiancee argue about ?

• When was your most- recent argument ? What was it about ?

• How do you and your fiancee usually resolve your disagreements ?

• What would you like to change about your fiancee ?

• What does your fiancee want to change about you ?

• How do you and your fiancee communicate ?

• How often and what time do you call each other by phone ?

• What do you talk about on the phone ?

• How often and what time do you chat online ?

• How often do you and your fiancee exchange email or letters ?

• When was the last time u talked with ur fiancee ? What was the conversation about ?

• How would you describe your sex life ?

• Did u and your fiancee live together or have sexual relationship before ur marriage ?

• What time does your fiancee typically go to bed at night ?

• When does your fiancee usually get up in the morning ?

• Describe ur fiancee’s clothes ( in general ). What type of underwear does she wear ?

• What does she wear at night ?

• What type of clothes does your fiancee wear to work ?

• What does your fiancee wear on the weekend or on days off from work ?

• Does ur fiancee wear jewellery, perfume, make up, etc.? If so, describe some

• When was your fiancee’s last menstrual cycle ? What type of feminine hygiene products does she use ?

• Do you and your fiancee use birth control ?

• What color is your fiancee’s eyes ?

• How tall is your fiancee ?

• What is your spouse’s blood type ?

• Has your fiancee used other names in the past ?

• Does your fiancee have any scars or tattoos ?

• When is your fiancee’s birthday ?

• Did you get your fiancee a gift for her last birthday ?

• Did your fiancee give you a gift for your birthday ? What was it ?

• Does your fiancee have any pets ? If so, what breed, color, names etc.?

• What do you love most about your fiancee ?

• What does your fiancee love about you ?

• What is your fiancee’s favourite food ?

• What is a food your fiancee doesn’t like ?

• What is your fiancee’s favourite color ?

• What are your fiancee’s favourite hobbies or interests ?

Information about my fiancee’s family :

• Who are your fiancee’s parent ?

• Where do your fiancee’s parents live ?

• Describe your fiancee’s house ?

• Have you met or spoken with them ?

• How does your fiancee get along with her parents ?

• Does your fiancee have any brothers and sisters ?

• Do your fiancee’s family have nieces and nephews ?

• How does your fiancee’s family feel about you ?

• How does your family feel about your fiancee ?

• Why did you use Internet to find a spouse ?

Information about my fiancee’s children :

• Why did your fiancee’s relationship with her childrens father not work out ?

• What is the name of your fiancee’s ex-boyfriend/husband ?

• Who has custody of the children ?

• Does your fiancee receive child support or alimony ? If yes, how much

• How old are her children ?

• When are their birthdays ? Did you get them any gifts ?

• Where does her children go to school ?

• What do your fiancee’s children call you ?

• Whom her children lives with ?

• Will they live with you and your fiancee ?

• Will you be a good parent to your fiancee’s children ?

• Do you plan to have children ?

Miscellaneous questions :

• Who is the petitioner (know how to spell their full name) ?

• Do you have family in the U.S. ?

• When will you leave for the U.S. ?

• Where will you and your fiancee live after your arrive in the U.S.?

• What are you plans for works ?

• How soon do you hope to start working ?

• If you don’t find a job soon after getting employment authorization, what will you do ?

• Will you get a U.S. driver’s license ?

• Will you drive your fiancee’s vehicle or use another vehicle ?

• Do you plan to apply for U.S. citizenship ?

• What are your specific plans, if any, for continuing your education ?

• Tell me more about the town or city where you and your fiancee plan to live ?

• What do you think you will like most about this city ?

• What do you think you will like least about this city ?

• Do u and ur fiancee have a bank account together ? Where ? What kind of account ?

• Are both of u listed on the account ? (Do u have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?

• Does your fiancee have credit cards ? If so, approximately how much ?

• Is your fiancee renting a home or buying one ? What are the monthly payments ?

• How are you preparing for ur life in the U.S. and with your fiancee and her family ?

• If your fiancee ever asked you for a divorce, what do you think you would do ?

Ok...whew...and this is not even a full list...and as u will notice it includes question for husbands & fiances, and I know some will change depending on each case. And yes, every question on this list has been asked at a previous interview. Feel free to add if anyone has an to suggest :thumbs: And yes...i know...i have WAAAAY too much down time...lol

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Wow Monica. That's a lot. It was nice of you to do that!

Any word from Sarah? Hope the move went well and the transition is getting smoother!

LOL...yeah...kept us busy :) And I haven't heard from her...i hope everything is going good for them too. Sure its crazy stressful...getting back to work, moving, culture shock, etc.

Hows everyone else doing?

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And I haven't heard from her...i hope everything is going good for them too. Sure its crazy stressful...getting back to work, moving, culture shock, etc.

Hows everyone else doing?

You forgot the food poisoning and the 4 bottles of Pepto we've been through.. :P Oh yes, and dealing with Comcast cable and Nextel.. :P :P So I haven't had internet or cable, it's still not turned on.. they said sometime this week. In the meantime, he's asking me why "Let's Make a Deal" isn't on on Saturday.. He's settling in.. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You forgot the food poisoning and the 4 bottles of Pepto we've been through.. :P Oh yes, and dealing with Comcast cable and Nextel.. :P :P So I haven't had internet or cable, it's still not turned on.. they said sometime this week. In the meantime, he's asking me why "Let's Make a Deal" isn't on on Saturday.. He's settling in.. :)

I am glad it all worked out for you. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.