KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just another option: we use IDT's Global Call Calling Card. It is 29 cents / minute to Moroccan cells. We have been using this for quite some time.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

:o It hadn't left Morocco yet???????????????

I thought it left before he even went for his 2nd interview, or right after you left to come back.

That's awful. You could have been doing things to convince them to change their decision. Did they lie to your senator?

Is your senator challenging that they lied?

Am I understanding this right? Did I get the timeframes wrong?

Thats what we thought to & they told us that it left June 14. But come to find out, it was put in the "denied" pile waiting for enough to add up to all get returned together. Atleast that's what my Senator figures according to what NVC said. The Senator's email mentioned that we were told that it was returned June 14th, and that email is what they replied. In other words, they are avoiding the situation & just telling us to wait longer. :bonk:

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Monica,

If I were you, I'd continue to email the consulate yourself. I would ask if it has in fact left and also ask what specifically they will need to approve another visa request in the future. I would be persistent. They may blow you off and continue to tell you they can't help you, but I do think they respond to persistence. Gracious, humble persistence, but persistence all the same. At least, that's what worked in our case. I would also remind them that you were told on such and such a date that you were told it left Casa but now your senator is being told that it's still there, etc. You can also point out that you were denied the chance to provide further proof of relationship, etc because of the false information you were given by the consulate - either or both the officer/s and the people who answered your email or phone inquiry. I'd cc the consulate chief.

Just some ideas. It seems pretty dishonest that they gave misinformation like that.

Timeline

Monica,

If I were you, I'd continue to email the consulate yourself. I would ask if it has in fact left and also ask what specifically they will need to approve another visa request in the future. I would be persistent. They may blow you off and continue to tell you they can't help you, but I do think they respond to persistence. Gracious, humble persistence, but persistence all the same. At least, that's what worked in our case. I would also remind them that you were told on such and such a date that you were told it left Casa but now your senator is being told that it's still there, etc. You can also point out that you were denied the chance to provide further proof of relationship, etc because of the false information you were given by the consulate - either or both the officer/s and the people who answered your email or phone inquiry. I'd cc the consulate chief.

Just some ideas. It seems pretty dishonest that they gave misinformation like that.

I'll give it a try...can't hurt :) What can they do....return our case :rofl::wacko:

Monica

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

And how do I CC the consular chief? I don't have the email address. Thank so much msheesha...helps having others ive ideas...my brain is so scatered these days.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi I think what you are going thru with the Moroccan consulate is typical even thou reading or hearing that while going through it is still not a comfort. Maybe read my timeline it might help a bit. I have been away from these boards for a while so I am a bit out of the loop. Also the consulate's change/vary their process occasionally so each experience will ary of course. And the consulate changes their contact numbers occasionally as well. It used to be accessible online by googling however. Olive

And how do I CC the consular chief? I don't have the email address. Thank so much msheesha...helps having others ive ideas...my brain is so scatered these days.

Timeline

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

We were hoping not to get denied but we were:0/ His interview was april 26th got there just a few days before with hopes he would come home with me.... He was had the interview and was told he would get a call 2 days later he was asked to come back and he was given this letter stating he was not eligable for the reason checked "below" all that was checked was other with no explination. since I was there I tried contcting the consulate and got no where. When I got home I contacted my Senator he was told our app was sent back for further review. The service center got our application back on july 12 and I was told it could take up to 120 days or more before we hear anything but by then our application would have expired. Sometimes the Vermont center will work with you even after your application has expired.... Insha'allah this will happen for us but if not I am preparing myself to go back so we can legally marry there. I spoke with someone who said the same thing happened to her... She went back right away and they married there in morocco and 4 months later her hubby was in the states with her.... I really should have followed my first instinct and filed for the CR-1 but at the advice of others we did the K-1 his brother and sister went through the K-1 process with no problems..... This whole process is driving me nuts..... But in the end it is well worth it :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

After our k1 was denied, everyone said, oh, they take CR1's more seriously in Casa consulate than they do K1's. We were married shortly after our K1 denial and went with the CR1, which was ultimately approved.

I think the 4 month turnaround is the exception rather than the rule, from what I've seen and heard.

It must be infuriating when they don't provide explanation for denial.

Has your senator been helpful since you contacted him/her?

Timeline

After our k1 was denied, everyone said, oh, they take CR1's more seriously in Casa consulate than they do K1's. We were married shortly after our K1 denial and went with the CR1, which was ultimately approved.

I think the 4 month turnaround is the exception rather than the rule, from what I've seen and heard.

It must be infuriating when they don't provide explanation for denial.

Has your senator been helpful since you contacted him/her?

I hope you are right. I am so disappointed in this process. I was really looking forward to him coming back in January. I had our next couple of years all worked out in my mind. And nothing has been like I thought it would. I am a little sad and frustrated. I miss him so much and I never expected this all to take so long. It's hard having this internet relationship. I know I just got back from Morocco a few days ago...but I really wish he was here already. I really hope the cr-1 goes better.

Timeline

Yeah...i guess i should have researched more before applying...at the time i had heard so many good things about K1, and how expensive CR1 was....u win some, u lose some....atleast newbies with learn from our mistakes :thumbs:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Yeah...i guess i should have researched more before applying...at the time i had heard so many good things about K1, and how expensive CR1 was....u win some, u lose some....atleast newbies with learn from our mistakes :thumbs:

It's so tough to know with Casa....it definitely seems like the K-1 filers are having a much, much harder time of it compared to the CR-1 filers, but Casa changes all the time! Who knows, maybe next they'll decide to go easier on the K-1's and start going over the CR-1's with a fine-toothed comb. :bonk:

Timeline

It's so tough to know with Casa....it definitely seems like the K-1 filers are having a much, much harder time of it compared to the CR-1 filers, but Casa changes all the time! Who knows, maybe next they'll decide to go easier on the K-1's and start going over the CR-1's with a fine-toothed comb. :bonk:

Please don't freak me out!

I hope you are right. I am so disappointed in this process. I was really looking forward to him coming back in January. I had our next couple of years all worked out in my mind. And nothing has been like I thought it would. I am a little sad and frustrated. I miss him so much and I never expected this all to take so long. It's hard having this internet relationship. I know I just got back from Morocco a few days ago...but I really wish he was here already. I really hope the cr-1 goes better.

I've found that it's really the worst right after I've gotten back from Morocco. As corny as it sounds, and as difficult as it is to believe sometimes, I think everything happens for a reason, and happens the way it's supposed to. Hang in there; it will get better, Insha Allah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.