KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like things r falling in to place Sarah...so great everythings going good with your Dad. So what r the plans for the wedding??

Anything new with anyone else?? Where is everyone???

As for me...got an update text from USCIS & went to check & saw this:

Post Decision Activity

We reopened this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) on September 13, 2010, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Hope everybody has a great week!!

Monica :)

wow. That's great news! I hope it goes well. I'm glad you got them to review it. VSC just closed mine. How did you get them to re-open it?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I hope everyone is doing great...as for us we are fine thanks be to our wonderful God...my husband is doing really great..I am very happy for once in my life..I have been cooking some Moroccan dishes and have even been making my own bread..so he is just thrilled that I know how to cook..lol..

Edited by sweetnsour

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow. That's great news! I hope it goes well. I'm glad you got them to review it. VSC just closed mine. How did you get them to re-open it?

Not sure exactly, but it might have been because of the backwards way it got to CSC. It didn't go through USCIS or NVC origionally...it went straight from Rome to CSC, and the contact with my Senator has been directly with CSC...I have a feeling that the mess up is what made it happen. Cuz I haven't heard of it happening this quick for anybody else. So I guess i should thank Morocco for sending my case to Rome...lol Looks like I should be getting something in the mail & know something in 30 days...wow. I better get some evidence together...I wasn't expecting it to get reviewed...was fighting for it, but figured it would just sit like the others & expire. When this is all over (either way) I need to send a HUGE thanks to my Senator's office...I feel truely blessed to have them. I think if all Senator's offices were like ours there would probably not be so many issues, because they know they couldn't slide on things. How is everything going with u? Still going back soon??

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure exactly, but it might have been because of the backwards way it got to CSC. It didn't go through USCIS or NVC origionally...it went straight from Rome to CSC, and the contact with my Senator has been directly with CSC...I have a feeling that the mess up is what made it happen. Cuz I haven't heard of it happening this quick for anybody else. So I guess i should thank Morocco for sending my case to Rome...lol Looks like I should be getting something in the mail & know something in 30 days...wow. I better get some evidence together...I wasn't expecting it to get reviewed...was fighting for it, but figured it would just sit like the others & expire. When this is all over (either way) I need to send a HUGE thanks to my Senator's office...I feel truely blessed to have them. I think if all Senator's offices were like ours there would probably not be so many issues, because they know they couldn't slide on things. How is everything going with u? Still going back soon??

Wow Monica that is great news..I pray that you have wonderful news soon...

Timeline

Another update from CSC to my Senator's office...woohoo!!

9-21-2010

This is to inform you that a Notice of Intent to Deny has been sent to was mailed to your constituent on September 20, 2010. Your constituent has 30 days from September 20, 2010 to respond to the NOID.

Now i'm kinda freaking out...where to start, what should I prepare, etc. Or should I just wait for the NOID to find out the exact reason & just cover that reason or cover any possible red flags. I just feel so blessed to have even been reviewed. Wow

Well I hope everything is going good for everyone...been pretty quiet on here lately...where are all the other Morocco ppl??

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

9-21-2010

This is to inform you that a Notice of Intent to Deny has been sent to was mailed to your constituent on September 20, 2010. Your constituent has 30 days from September 20, 2010 to respond to the NOID.

Now i'm kinda freaking out...where to start, what should I prepare, etc. Or should I just wait for the NOID to find out the exact reason & just cover that reason or cover any possible red flags. I just feel so blessed to have even been reviewed. Wow

Well I hope everything is going good for everyone...been pretty quiet on here lately...where are all the other Morocco ppl??

Monica,

You should begin to prepare now. Write a rebuttal letter and address each topic that you think may have been an issue individually. Send affidavits from family and friends. Send all of the evidence you aquired after the initial filing. Prepare it as if you are sending a whole new application now but with the rebuttal letter. Gather all the phone bills and skype chat logs from since the initial filing. Put together as much as you can and have it ready so you are almost ready to send it when you get the letter. Then when the letter comes, be sure any specific issues have been addressed...and if so, mail it back (trackable).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

9-21-2010

I know you're gonna handle your business on this one :) I look forward to hearing good news from you guys soon! I've been working my buttcheeks off and Driss has been at home with Noodles all the time.. She had her shots yesterday and is reallly showing off today.. It's been a fun time :) talk to you soon!

Sarah

Timeline

NOID received today :) All the reasons were exactly what we thought they would be & all based on misunderstandings & not being asked specific questions & expecting specific answers. Luckily the rebuttle letter I wrote mths ago talked about everything they had concerns about :thumbs: Makes it a little easier....glad there was no suprise reason.

How is everyone else doing??

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

NOID received today :) All the reasons were exactly what we thought they would be & all based on misunderstandings & not being asked specific questions & expecting specific answers. Luckily the rebuttle letter I wrote mths ago talked about everything they had concerns about :thumbs: Makes it a little easier....glad there was no suprise reason.

How is everyone else doing??

Good Luck Monica, hopefully they take your rebuttal letter and turn it all around...I keep hoping you get good news. Keep us posted!

Jackie :star:

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving the thread! There was someone who posted about an interview in Casa next week, and seems totally unprepared, so maybe bumping this thread will be helpful.

How is everyone doing? Monica- how is the response going that you're working on?

Sarah - how is the adjustment going?

How is everyone else doing?

Things are going well with us, thank Allah. We've been really blessed so far. It's early in the process, I know, but he's been here coming up on two weeks and we've gotten his ss card. That was so quick. We applied a few days after he got here, and it arrived in less than a week from the time we applied. He has a job interview in his specialized field next week, and I will be ecstatic if he gets it. The phone interview was with one of the owners, who is not origially from America, and said he understood about language issues, etc. So, that was the biggest concern about him getting a job in his field - his English is good, but not up to the level of jumping in conversating at the level he was in business-wise at home. So, we are really hopeful and excited. POE went really well also. I feel really blessed and thankful so far.

Anyone have any upcoming Casa interviews?

Timeline

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly as your end...and prayers r with u guys for the job interview!!

As for us, we r doing good...almost have everything together to send the NOID in...just waiting on some final relationship support letters from friends & then I'll be sending it in. Kinda excited & scared at the same time. I keep reading over the NOID, hoping I covered every point well enough to be reaffirmed.... :wacko::bonk:

Looks like there is an interview next week...hope everything goes good for you guys & feel free to ask anything here...I think we have a pretty well rounded group here :)

And for everyone else....hope all is going good & thank u soooo much Sarah for all the help!!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Good Luck Monica! :)

Do you know any statistics on cases that get reaffirmed?

How much time do they take to make a decision once you send all of the info back to them?

I have NO CLUE :wacko::unsure: I haven't heard of many ppl getting NOIDs for the K1s....so not much to compare to. I'm assuming the review will be done within 30 days. And my Senator's office said to let them know as soon as I mail it in so they can contact them...so that should help.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.