LADYDARE

God has done it---Approved

58 posts in this topic

God has done what only he can do. I prayed for God to keep the Asian lady busy on the day of our interview and he did one even better she was out sick or had a personal day off who knows.

I will try to be as detailed as possible to help my follow country people.

Interview was scheduled for 10am but my husband left the house at 6am to beat the Lagos traffic. He got to the embassy at 6.30am, 7am queue was there already. He was like God do I have to wait till 10am before I can go in. God came through again and the security guard made the announcement for 10am interview to join the queue. He did and later opened his medical brown envelope and went through security.

The security guards where cracking jokes that my husband came with a box load of evidence. (This one never travel he dey bring box) :lol:

At the 1st window, they took his passport and some other documents. He was asked to sit down within 30mins he was called for the interview proper.

He was interviewed by a blonde American lady.

Who petitioned for you?

What is her name?

Was I married before?

Why did I get a divorce?

What school did I attend?

What did I study?

What do I do?

When did she travel?

With what visa? The answer to this question made the CO uncomfortable because I’m a USC by birth and she found it strange that I came back to Nigeria to marry. This lead to more serious line of questioning

Why did I attend school in Nigeria? Hubby explained I went to high school in Nigeria and traveled out for college.

How did we meet? We meet through our mutual friend. We attended high school together and she went to university with my husband.

Why would she introduce you?

When did we start to talk? I was worried about this because I couldn’t get a hold of my 2009 call records due to closed account and I only printed out the call records online from the T-mobile website. Hubby gave her the call records and she looked thru and said it seems we only talk for a few minutes on the phone.

When did we meet for the 1st time? 2009

How long did she stay? 2weeks. The CO was like you got married only after 2weeks of seeing each other. Hubby explained we kept in contact via IM, email, etc

When did you last see her?

How long was that visit? A month. This got the consular more interested why was I able to stay for so long. Hubby explained that we went to honeymoon after wedding, now she wanted to see more pictures. She was particular about one picture that we took in front of Ski-Dubai..that opened up a bunch of questions and more things to verify. Finally she looked at my hubby’s passport and saw the stamp.

Where do I live?

What is the time difference? He got this wrong he said 5hrs

What about the wedding pictures? She saw our photobook and was amazed that it was actually done in Nigeria. The book was too big to pass through the opening so my husband was flipping through the pages and she would point and ask who was in the picture.

Do I have a copy of the photo book?

Did we do any traditional wedding? Yes my husband brought out another photobook and she did the same thing, point and asked

Are there any pictures before the wedding?

Hubby said a lot of K1 people were denied the moment they said they did introduction. He also said a guy with dreads denied a lot of people.

People applying with K1 where denied simply because they could not answer what are the wedding plans?

To wrap it up hubby said he thought blondes were dumb this CO was not. :D

Overall the interview went smoothly in my hubby’s own words. He was out at 12.30pm.

Thank you all so much. I’m glad I found VJ

Citizenship next step!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

God has done what only he can do. I prayed for God to keep the Asian lady busy on the day of our interview and he did one even better she was out sick or had a personal day off who knows.

Interview was scheduled for 10am but my husband left the house at 6am to beat the Lagos traffic. He got to the embassy at 6.30am, 7am queue was there already. He was like God do I have to wait till 10am before I can go in. God came through again and the security guard made the announcement for 10am interview to join the queue. He did and later opened his medical brown envelope and went through security.

The security guards where cracking jokes that my husband came with a box load of evidence. (This one never travel he dey bring box) :lol:

At the 1st window, they took his passport and some other documents. He was asked to sit down within 30mins he was called for the interview proper.

Who petitioned for you?

What is her name?

Was I married before?

Why did I get a divorce?

What did I study?

What do I do?

When did she travel?

With what visa? The answer to this question made the CO uncomfortable because I’m a USC by birth and she found it strange that I came back to Nigeria to marry. This lead to more serious line of questioning

Why did I attend school in Nigeria? Hubby explained I went to high school in Nigeria and traveled out for college.

How did we meet? We meet through our mutual friend. We attended high school together and she went to university with my husband.

When did we start to talk? I was worried about this because I couldn’t get a hold of my 2009 call records due to closed account and I only printed out the call records online from the T-mobile website. Hubby gave her the call records and she looked thru and said it seems we only talk for a few minutes on the phone.

How long did she stay? 2weeks. The CO was like you got married only after 2weeks of seeing each other. Hubby explained we kept in contact via IM, email, etc

How long was that visit? A month. This got the consular more interested why was I able to stay for so long. Hubby explained that we went to honeymoon after wedding, now she wanted to see more pictures. She was particular about one picture that we took in front of Ski-Dubai..that opened up a bunch of questions and more things to verify. Finally she looked at my hubby’s passport and saw the stamp.

Where do I live?

What about the wedding pictures? She saw our photobook and was amazed that it was actually done in Nigeria. The book was too big to pass through the opening so my husband was flipping through the pages and she would point and ask who was in the picture.

Did we do any traditional wedding? Yes my husband brought out another photobook and she did the same thing, point and asked

Hubby said a lot of K1 people were denied the moment they said they did introduction. He also said a guy with dreads denied a lot of people.

People applying with K1 where denied simply because they could not answer what are the wedding plans?

Overall the interview went smoothly in my hubby’s own words. He was out at 12.30pm.

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!

Moving to progress report forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Talk about some serious drilling!!!! Glad God was on your side. Must say you and your hubby were REALLY prepared. Congrats. VJ.com is the best. No lawyer will prepare that much!

Enjoy!!

May your VJ be a fruitful one! Dad petition for Nne Visa type: Family Based 2APD - Jan 27, 20071st interview..12/14/2010Appointment for DNA Collection in Nig..March 30,2011VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!! No questions...May 23rd, 2011Mom petition for DuumVisa type: Family Based 2BPD...............May 21, 2005Approval notice..June 10, 2009Received Choice of Agent.........October 15, 2010Mailed CoA to NVC................Dec 17, 2010IV bill generated................Jan 04, 2011IV bill & AOS bill rec'd & paid..Jan 10, 2011AOS mailed to NVC................Jan 14, 2011IV packet mailed to NVC..........Feb 01, 2011IV packet received by NVC........Feb 14, 2011Case completed at NVC............Feb 23rd, 2011Interview...................................June 14, 2013 DNA sample collection for July 8Visa approval upon receipt of DNA result.. Now in the USA! (Sept, 2013)<p>Dad petition for ZeeVisa type: Family Based 2B - Upgraded to F1 12/2011PD...............Jan 27,2007 Approval notice..Aug 06, 2009, Rec'd COA & AOS request 12/16/2011 3/14/2014 interview.. visa granted! Dad for Kay FB2 - Upgraded to F1 12/2011 PD..........March 28, 2008Approval notice........Oct 27, 2009, Interview for 01/21/2016. Visa granted! no DNA requested!

Who petitioned for you?

What is her name?

Was I married before?

Why did I get a divorce?

What did I study?

What do I do?

When did she travel?

With what visa? The answer to this question made the CO uncomfortable because I'm a USC by birth and she found it strange that I came back to Nigeria to marry. This lead to more serious line of questioning

When did we start to talk? I was worried about this because I couldn't get a hold of my 2009 call records due to closed account and I only printed out the call records online from the T-mobile website. Hubby gave her the call records and she looked thru and said it seems we only talk for a few minutes on the phone.

How long was that visit? A month. This got the consular more interested why was I able to stay for so long. Hubby explained that we went to honeymoon after wedding, now she wanted to see more pictures. She was particular about one picture that we took in front of Ski-Dubai..that opened up a bunch of questions and more things to verify. Finally she looked at my hubby's passport and saw the stamp.

Where do I live?

Overall the interview went smoothly in my hubby's own words. He was out at 12.30pm.

Thank you all so much. I'm glad I found VJ

Congrats Lady dare, now the only question is which one of us will get the Visa First. The Race is still on!!

So how long does it take them to issue the visa?

Who petitioned for you?

What is her name?

Was I married before?

Why did I get a divorce?

What did I study?

What do I do?

When did she travel?

With what visa? The answer to this question made the CO uncomfortable because I'm a USC by birth and she found it strange that I came back to Nigeria to marry. This lead to more serious line of questioning

When did we start to talk? I was worried about this because I couldn't get a hold of my 2009 call records due to closed account and I only printed out the call records online from the T-mobile website. Hubby gave her the call records and she looked thru and said it seems we only talk for a few minutes on the phone.

How long was that visit? A month. This got the consular more interested why was I able to stay for so long. Hubby explained that we went to honeymoon after wedding, now she wanted to see more pictures. She was particular about one picture that we took in front of Ski-Dubai..that opened up a bunch of questions and more things to verify. Finally she looked at my hubby's passport and saw the stamp.

Where do I live?

Overall the interview went smoothly in my hubby's own words. He was out at 12.30pm.

Thank you all so much. I'm glad I found VJ

Congrats Lady dare, now the only question is which one of us will get the Visa First. The Race is still on!!

So how long does it take them to issue the visa?

NVC

10/26/10: NVC Case# received by calling AVR.

10/27/10: DS-3032 Emailed, no response.

10/28/10: Called NVC gave both Petitioners & Beneficiaries email and contact info

10/28/10: IIN Received, emailed DS-3032 using supervisor Sue, received response that agent can not be added at this time.

11/01/10: Emailed DS-3032 and have no response so far.

11/04/10: AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid. IV Fee Not Invoiced yet.

11/04/10: Re-emailed DS-3032.

11/04/10: Medical test given, if any issues will hear back or if its all good will be turned over to Emabassy.

11/05/10: Recieved AOS fee Paid confirmation and barode sheet.

11/06/10: AOS mailed USPS Express.

11/08/10: AOS package received by NVC; Signed by :N Visa Center,Received email that DS-3032 has been received and accepted & IV Fee Invoiced & Paid. Waiting for processing.

11/12/10: IV package mailed USPS express.

11/15/2010: IV package recieved by NVC.

11/19/10: AOS entered into System.

11/29/10: IV Entered into System

Consulate

01/14/11: Interview (APPROVED)

ROC:

01/03/2013 I-751 package sent.

01/04/2013 package received.

01/07/2013 check cashed.

01/11/2013 NOA received in mail. NOA dated 01/07/2013

Timeline

Yaaaaay!! Congrats im so happy for u!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Thanks Akanchawa, Patient2010, Pammyw, KVP

@KVP the visa will be ready for pick up in 7days

Thanks Akanchawa, Patient2010, Pammyw, KVP

@KVP the visa will be ready for pick up in 7days

Citizenship next step!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Who petitioned for you?

What is her name?

Was I married before?

Why did I get a divorce?

What did I study?

What do I do?

When did she travel?

Where do I live?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Timeline

Congratulations Ladydare.........I got back my passport as well today

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am definitely coming back here to give my testimony at the end of this week :thumbs:

Yes, Adet, PLEASE do that... as my hubby is next in queue :)

Congratulations Ladydare.........I got back my passport as well today

Great news out of Lagos today!

Edited by DebbyNSeyi

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.