PoloNiks

Filipina wife issues....advice please...

176 posts in this topic

I will chastise the wife shortly for the incorrect information. Are all land issues handled by local jurisdiction, or is there a national registry?

ETA: A mild half-hearted rebuke only. No worries.

The Land Registration Authority ("LRA") takes care of registration, certificates of title, and other land transactions. However, registration and title transactions are recorded at the Registry of Deeds (arm of LRA) of the province or city where the real property involved is located.

BIR people are known to be endowed with pecuniary advantages; hence, I would say that your missus' utterance was just a tongue in cheek comment! :star:

juanluna.jpg

"Ensueños de Amor", por Juan Luna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, I like yours too and I feel hungry for breakfast again!

BTW, mine is a mere tribute to my namesake (also my great great grand daddy), arguably the best Filipino painter of all time.

Whoa! You're his descendant? An honor to meet you (virtually, that is). I also have the greatest respect for your great great grand uncle. If there was one guy who personified the Nemesis of the American conquistadores at the turn of the 20th century, it was him B-)

Grace

Good question. I asked my University of Manila Law School graduate, and she doesn't know exactly. If your wife becomes a US citizen, she will lose her Filipino citizenship until she reaffirms her Filipino citizenship again (Dual Citizenship). The question is, what happens to the title of that property in the period, however short it may be, that she is no longer a Filipino citizen. The fact that she acquired the property while she was a citizen may be sufficient to retain title.

LAND OWNERSHIP BY FORMER FILIPINO CITIZENS

(The Foreign Investments Act (RA 7042), as amended by R.A. 8179)

Rights of Natural Born Citizen Pursuant to the Provisions of Article XII, Section 8 of the Constitution - Any natural born citizen who has lost his Philippine citizenship and who has the legal capacity to enter in a contract under Philippine laws may be a transferee of a private land up to a maximum area of five thousand (5,000) square meters in the case of urban land or three (3) hectares in the case of rural land to be used by him for business or other purposes. In the case of married couples, one of them may avail of the privilege herein granted: Provided, That if both shall avail of the same, the total are acquired shall not exceed the maximum herein fixed.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Timeline

LAND OWNERSHIP BY FORMER FILIPINO CITIZENS

(The Foreign Investments Act (RA 7042), as amended by R.A. 8179)

Rights of Natural Born Citizen Pursuant to the Provisions of Article XII, Section 8 of the Constitution - Any natural born citizen who has lost his Philippine citizenship and who has the legal capacity to enter in a contract under Philippine laws may be a transferee of a private land up to a maximum area of five thousand (5,000) square meters in the case of urban land or three (3) hectares in the case of rural land to be used by him for business or other purposes. In the case of married couples, one of them may avail of the privilege herein granted: Provided, That if both shall avail of the same, the total are acquired shall not exceed the maximum herein fixed.

There you go. Question answered.

Whoa! You're his descendant? An honor to meet you (virtually, that is). I also have the greatest respect for your great great grand uncle. If there was one guy who personified the Nemesis of the American conquistadores at the turn of the 20th century, it was him B-)

Grace

Yup, my great great grand uncle, through his works of art, was also one of the main instigators of the revolt against Madre España. His obra maestra, La Spoliarium, can be interpreted to depict the mistreatment of Filipinos by Spaniards, especially the Guardia Civil.

Maria Gracia, you are a very excellent writer indeed. And may I have the pleasure to have encountered you in cyberspace. Kudos! :thumbs:

juanluna.jpg

Timeline

Yup, my great great grand uncle, through his works of art, was also one of the main instigators of the revolt against Madre España. His obra maestra, La Spoliarium, can be interpreted to depict the mistreatment of Filipinos by Spaniards, especially the Guardia Civil.

Maria Gracia, you are a very excellent writer indeed. And may I have the pleasure to have encountered you in cyberspace. Kudos! :thumbs:

That's actually my full Christian name! Is that a lucky guess or have we met before? ;) Anyway, I guess my mania for a byline extends to online fora where one is supposed to be anonymous. Now, I have to watch everything I write here ^_^

Good luck on your journey!

Grace

That's actually my full Christian name! Is that a lucky guess or have we met before? ;) Anyway, I guess my mania for a byline extends to online fora where one is supposed to be anonymous. Now, I have to watch everything I write here ^_^

Good luck on your journey!

Grace

Thanks for wishing me good luck. Igualmente a usted, Señorita Maria Gracia.

I love your very well written informative articles in the Medical Observer.

juanluna.jpg

I am a pinay married to an american guy.. my family on the other hand never ask money from me or my husband. we actually owe a big amount from my mom when i was processing my papers to come to the US to live with my husband. my mom paid for my hotel stay in manila and my food while waiting for my interview date at the embassy.. when my husband came to visit me in the philippines my mom would always pay half of the bills when we go out for dinner or go to the beach.sometimes she pays evrything. my sister and brother never asked anything from me since i arrived here in the US .. when i came here my husband got me a car and im paying half of that since i already have work..

i got problems with my husband offering my family to send them something and then not do it.. my husband tells them im sending u this and that even if they did not ask for anything.

one time he said to my brother his sending him shoes and t-shirt on his birthday and then it never came.

and then he told me will pay ur mom next month and then he did not do it.. and i already told my mom about it and she expect that already.

im dissapointed on how he makes promises and not do it. or when he lets my family expect and nothing happens..

i just wish that he not offer to send anything at all if he cant do it.. rather than talked my family out of buying or sending them stuff just to brag..

I am a pinay married to an american guy.. my family on the other hand never ask money from me or my husband. we actually owe a big amount from my mom when i was processing my papers to come to the US to live with my husband. my mom paid for my hotel stay in manila and my food while waiting for my interview date at the embassy.. when my husband came to visit me in the philippines my mom would always pay half of the bills when we go out for dinner or go to the beach.sometimes she pays evrything. my sister and brother never asked anything from me since i arrived here in the US .. when i came here my husband got me a car and im paying half of that since i already have work..

i got problems with my husband offering my family to send them something and then not do it.. my husband tells them im sending u this and that even if they did not ask for anything.

one time he said to my brother his sending him shoes and t-shirt on his birthday and then it never came.

and then he told me will pay ur mom next month and then he did not do it.. and i already told my mom about it and she expect that already.

im dissapointed on how he makes promises and not do it. or when he lets my family expect and nothing happens..

i just wish that he not offer to send anything at all if he cant do it.. rather than talked my family out of buying or sending them stuff just to brag..

That is truly sad. "A man is only as good as his word" is a phrase that seems to have fallen out of fashion these days, yet is no less true today than it was 200 years ago. I hope for your sake he is more honest in his other day-to-day activities.

Have you ever asked him why he didn't send things as promised? If so, what does he say?

That is truly sad. "A man is only as good as his word" is a phrase that seems to have fallen out of fashion these days, yet is no less true today than it was 200 years ago. I hope for your sake he is more honest in his other day-to-day activities.

Have you ever asked him why he didn't send things as promised? If so, what does he say?

You just have to learn to withhold the nookie until he follows through on his promises. :whistle:

Timeline

:( If that is the case then send it yourself. Go to a Filipino store and pick up one balikbayan box $5 for the box and paper works. Fill that box and have it pick up from your house and pay it yourself. Small box is like $50 and large box is $80 but it depends on what carrier you selected. It takes 6 six weeks to arrive.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Timeline

when my husband came to visit me in the philippines my mom would always pay half of the bills when we go out for dinner or go to the beach.sometimes she pays evrything.

I'll probably be guilty of taking these statements out of context, but just wanna say that when my fiance first visited with my family, I was fully prepared to spend for everything (of course, he was equally vehement about refusing to let me pay a single cent). I would have done the same for any friend from abroad or elsewhere far who took all that trouble to visit them. Basic hospitality etiquette in my book.

Grace

Edited by graceroxas

I'll probably be guilty of taking these statements out of context, but just wanna say that when my fiance first visited with my family, I was fully prepared to spend for everything (of course, he was equally vehement about refusing to let me pay a single cent). I would have done the same for any friend from abroad or elsewhere far who took all that trouble to visit them. Basic hospitality etiquette in my book.

Grace

Wow. You mean I did not have to pick up the tab that first night in Manila when it was suggested I meet the family at a Chinese restaurant? That was the scariest evening in my entire life. I knew I was in good with dad when he hailed a cab to take me and my future bride back to hotel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Shameful.

There will be other things to worry about if this guy is not a man of his word.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.