Jess and Andrew

EAD Notice Undeliverable and AOS Forwarded to NBC

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband checked the case status on USCIS's site and came upon this:

Initial Review

On January 10, 2011, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

Has this happened to anyone else? We've gotten NOA1 for all 3 cases (AOS/EAD/AP) no problem, so I can't for the life of me figure out why it was undeliverable.

Then for the AOS status:

Initial Review

On January 12, 2011, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Our last status update was something along the lines of the case being forwarded to our local office for processing--I have no idea why it would be sent to the National Benefits Center after that. Any ideas? We haven't even gotten our Biometrics Appointment yet....

AOS/EAD/AP

Filing Location: Chicago Lockbox

Local USCIS Office: Philadelphia, PA

AOS/EAD/AP Package Sent: 2010-12-06

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2010-12-14

RFE(s):

AOS Case Transferred to CSC: 2010-01-14

Biometrics Letter Received: UNDELIVERABLE--hopefully will be resent soon

Biometrics Appointment:

www.justputitinwriting.blogspot.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

It did happen to me. I filled my aos in nov 8 2010, and got my noa's in nov 17. Since then i was not able to see anything on my case status, so i called them. They told me they just sent me a RFE letter, and if i don't get it to call back. When i called back as i did not get anything they told me the letter was undeliberable. Long story short, they resend it, and when i checked the adress on the letter i noticed that they put a sticker on top of the old address with the corrected address. They had apt 3, instead of apt 303. I called them up told them about the mistake....so they "corrected it"..5 days later i recieve my biometrics with the wrong apt number AGAIN only this time someone from visa journey gave me a good tip to put my name on the mail box.SO tx to the mail man, who was smart enough to figure it out i got my biometrics letter. When i went for biometrics as the lady was taken my fingerprints i noticed they still had the apt wrong so i asked her to corect it. Well we found out that in the address box it wasn't enough space for the 303...just for the 3...so i guess whoever does this kind of paperwork didn't bother to correct it, or try to fit it in... :angry:

So i called again to make sure they have the adress corrected, and tell them that they still have it wrong, and the lady there had no clue what she was talking about and basically didn't do anything for me except writte down "the correct adress"AGAIN and get my e-mail address- they already did that once and nothing has changed-they still have the wrong info :angry:

Now i just have to hope the mail man will be smart enough when i get my future letters...

I spoke to at least 10 people as i called several times usis....and i have to say they are not very helpfull..90%of them just read q cards..at least so it seems.

I would call and make sure the address is correct, and ask to speak to a supervisor-that's what i did.

if you get a RFe you have 87 days to respond, if you don't they will consider you abandoned the case...just like anything you recieve from them..biometrics appointment and etc...so you HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO SOMEONE AND GET THAT SORTED OUT, because it can complicate and pospond your process.

I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

good luck.

My husband checked the case status on USCIS's site and came upon this:

Initial Review

On January 10, 2011, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

Has this happened to anyone else? We've gotten NOA1 for all 3 cases (AOS/EAD/AP) no problem, so I can't for the life of me figure out why it was undeliverable.

Then for the AOS status:

Initial Review

On January 12, 2011, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Our last status update was something along the lines of the case being forwarded to our local office for processing--I have no idea why it would be sent to the National Benefits Center after that. Any ideas? We haven't even gotten our Biometrics Appointment yet....

This just happened to us last month as well. We had been receiving all of the notices for both the EAD and AOS no problem, then suddenly the EAD said "mail returned as undeliverable" We spent about an hour on the phone with customer service, the week of Christmas, explaining that no we haven't moved, and we have received mail before and after that happened. :bonk: It is very frustrating, finally just this Friday we received and email that the EAD had been moved to "card production" status and a notice was mailed to the address on file. Hopefully that means it is finally cleared. But, it continued to say the "undeliverable mail" in the status until Friday, which was rediculous. I won't believe it's fixed until I see it in the mailbox.

It's so frustrating...hang in there...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.