Dan87

Statements from family & friends?

7 posts in this topic

I read somewhere that getting a couple of statements from friends and family that backup the fact that we are a couple and have met in the last two years is a good idea.

Is this true, and does anyone have an example of such a statement?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if i've been asking quite a few questions on the forums, I just want to make sure i'm doing everythign right!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This would be considered secondary evidence. They are looking for primary evidence that you have met in the past 2 years, such as bording passes, travel receipts, visa stamps in the passport

You can submit these but do not think that these alone (without primary evidence) would satisfy USCIS

Look here for example affidavits from friends

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I read somewhere that getting a couple of statements from friends and family that backup the fact that we are a couple and have met in the last two years is a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if i've been asking quite a few questions on the forums, I just want to make sure i'm doing everythign right!

I did not send in any affadavits with my orginal papers but decided we will bring them when he goes to his interview. Here is an example I found somewhere....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

The sworn affidavit is to serve on behalf of (couple's name) as my written testimony to affirm personal knowledge of their engagement and relationship. I do understand that I may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in this affidavit.

I solemenly swear that I have personal knowledge of the engagment and sincere relationship that this sworn affidavit represents. I have known (your name)..... I have known (fiance name)....and met him/her...... I attest that they (ei. much love for each, in love, etc).......

If their are questions or concerns, I give my permission to be notified to present my statement to the USCIS or US Embassy if necessary.

Relationship: (ei. family member or friend -you get the idea)

Full Name: _______________________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________________

Full information and complete details on how you have acquired your knowledge:

Signature: ___________________________________________________________

Print Name: __________________________________________________________

Date: ________________________________________________________________

Edited by Joyjoy

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can draft a statement for you. See, by the fact that I dont' know you but still can draft a statement about you indicates how worthless this is.

Yes a notarized statement sent ALONG with your primary evidence will not hurt but alone it's worthless since anyone can draft anything.

Just submit your primary evidence and stop messing around.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I'm just trying to make sure i've covered everything and that there will be no mistakes.

I have printed an Itiniary from my email with dates and my name for my last flight to the US. I could only find my retrn boarding pass so I have copied that. I have also copied my passport page with the stamp that coincides with the date of entry on my email itinary.

My fiancee will copy at least one boarding pass and print her itiniary too, along with copying her passport stamps too from when she visited the UK last.

Will this be sufficient?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm just trying to make sure i've covered everything and that there will be no mistakes.

I have printed an Itiniary from my email with dates and my name for my last flight to the US. I could only find my retrn boarding pass so I have copied that. I have also copied my passport page with the stamp that coincides with the

Copy the info / photo page from the passports also. What you list is the bare minimum, Amy photos, hotel receipts, currency exchange receipts Or restaurant receipts to add?

date of entry on my email itinary.

My fiancee will copy at least one boarding pass and print her itiniary too, along with copying her passport stamps too from when she visited the UK last.

Will this be sufficient?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We included several sworn statements of people I met whilst staying with my fiance in US, as advised by his immigration lawyer friend...."any additional evidence, including statements from friends and family will help...a letter with a business card from his recruiter will hold weight in the application, " he wrote. our 129-F thus included, the affidavits of his military recruiter and his wife, my fiance's cousin, and childhood friend; all 4 of them had it notarized. These sworn statements were backed up by several group pictures included in our package as evidence of meeting in the last 2 years.

We were fully aware that these statements were not required, but we submitted them anyway since the affiants volunteered to write and mail the statements to my fiance to help us.

Good luck in your journey!

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.