Al422

VSC Comatose Once More

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

to be honest I've seen your posts around the board and every time I come across it I truly feel for you. You are truly in one of *the* most frustrating waits I have seen only matched by a few others I have seen on the board.

To offer you support is extremely easy and you gain the respect that you afford.

HOWEVER,

to sit here and feel sorry for those that are over the top is difficult.

Just my two cents. Just not my personality.

But hey, to each his own.

Y'all enjoy feedin' that fire.

Truly hope you see NOA2 soon.

xo.

Aw thanks very much for that.. Incidentally I wasn't referring to you in that last post.. your outburst was just one of those things.. Im referring to the people who come on here to be nasty just for the sake of it even though they've been through the process rapidly and can in no way relate to someone like me..

Yeah my wait is unbelievable.. I think that again, although Al goes a bit nuts sometimes, people like him are right to suggest some kind of reform to this whole procedure. How can I as a decent human being go through all this emotional trauma knowing that exactly the same thing is goingto happen to a lot of you..

Seriously, its horrible.. for 6 months my life has been on hold. I don't want to buy anything or do anything as I need to save. I can't plan anything as I don't know when things will progress. The whole time Rachel is over there feeling very lonely and as her partner I want to be over there to look after her and protect her. Seriously Dizzylox, hopefully it won't come to it but you wait till after 5 months and some eejit comes on telling you need to be patient and keep busy and leave uscis alone. Then check their timeline and you'll see they were approved in a matter of weeks. It all adds to the madness.

I usually try to be constructive and Im also ALWAYS happy to see others approved but I aint sitting back and putting up with some people attacking others on here with idiotic comments..

You are back in my good books after your kind words..

I hope you get your N0A2 soon but if you get it before me there'll be trouble.. ha!

Al.

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Yeah dear waiting VJ members,,,,First time we filed it was k-1,,It got denied,,,Now were still waiting again,,(cr-1),,,It made it a bit easy flying there to see her several times when ever the round trip ticket got below or right near 1k....It's now two years in waiting and a average of eight to ten dollars in calling cards a day....(((MMM I wonder how much that adds up to??) Just takecare in your wait cause you'll see him/her soon for the REST of your life..:thumbs:

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

That is very true. I went to see my fiance over the summer and most people just assumed I would bring her back with me. I've had to explain the process to so many people. It's just not something that people are aware of; and I wasn't either until I started this journey.

As far as the difficulty of waiting; some people need to vent and others want encouragement. I guess we should just do what we can to help each other get through this the best we can.

And I am thankful every day for Skype.

Exactly!

Over the years, I've had a lot of trouble explaining to people that it is a very long (3-4 year from start to 10 year greencard) process to get a significant other into this country legally. And then, of course, once I've explained it, they all ask: "Well, why don't you just jump the border like the Mexicans do?" Which makes me face-palm every time.

The worst part is that because I have been through the process before, people tend to come to me for information and advice. It's hard to break it to someone that they either A) have a situation that won't work for immigration purposes, B) they don't have enough money to meet the poverty requirements, or C) that their expectations of having their beloved here in a couple of months are just not going to happen.

P.S. Yes, Skype is <3.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why don't you use MSN or one of the free chat websites? You're spending a small fortune in phone calls....

Yeah dear waiting VJ members,,,,First time we filed it was k-1,,It got denied,,,Now were still waiting again,,(cr-1),,,It made it a bit easy flying there to see her several times when ever the round trip ticket got below or right near 1k....It's now two years in waiting and a average of eight to ten dollars in calling cards a day....(((MMM I wonder how much that adds up to??) Just takecare in your wait cause you'll see him/her soon for the REST of your life..:thumbs:

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

This is my second trip through the system too. The first one, in 2004, went as smooth as silk, with my NOA2 arriving in only 4 weeks.

i cannot believe you'd put yourself through this craziness again! :P

man, the things we do for (L)

i look back at posts even as 'new' as 2008 and people are getting noas in like 7 weeks!

what happened!!!

i'm about to send off my forms for my interview date so (please God!) i'm about 8-12 weeks away from interview

good luck with your new application!

I hope you get your N0A2 soon but if you get it before me there'll be trouble.. ha!

Al.

Haha! I'll try my best to wait yours out. lol. :thumbs:

tmobile has unlimited international calling now!!! (to landlines tho. FAIL) it's only 6 bucks. do it!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can to an extent relate to your frustration and anger towards the system, but in most cases it is just to be thorough. But to everyone that is getting on his case and being a bit insulting, this is not the way we should really act, we are all in the same boat, yes, but we are also a community in ourselves, be it for AOS K1 or whatever visas we are trying to obtain... we should be supportive and not flaming. We all understand your anger, we have all felt it at times, but this is not the proper place to attack the process, or judge people that do. Don't worry man, it will all come in due time... and you are right... too much time.

I wish you all the best, and hope to hear good things coming from your journey in the near future....

11/17/2008------- Met each other online over the X-Box

01/17/2010------- After months of flirting sends me her number

02/26/2010------- Decided to finally meet

03/19/2010------- Met in Detroit, KTFO by Cupid at first sight

09/10/2010------- I-129F Sent

09/14/2010------- NOA1 recieved

09/17/2010------- "Touched"

02/10/2011------- RFE E-mail

02/14/2011------- RFE Hardcopy

02/17/2011------- RFE Sent

02/23/2011------- RFE Received by CSC

02/28/2011------- NOA 2 Acceptance E-Mail

Timeline

tmobile has unlimited international calling now!!! (to landlines tho. FAIL) it's only 6 bucks. do it!

'dialaround' do 1pence per minute to canadian and us landlines and mobiles (and low cost to multiple countries)

you call this number, 0844 861 2929 then wait for a message then call your number.

you can even do it from a mobile, but then you pay a little more to connect the call, but still crazy cheap.

Wow unlimited T-mobile,,,,I'll check that out, thanks!

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thank you for your concern, but I am the petitioner, and I am not leaving New York, so I will not be leaving anybody behind. Elena is alone in Ekaterinburg, so she will not be leaving anybody behind either.

I realize that some of you think the wait is entirely reasonable and that the system is just fine. To you, happy waiting. Just please chill out on your contempt for those of us who find the wait to be patently ridiculous and the system horribly broken. We are entitled to speak out against this system just like you are entitled to speak out on how great it is.

I still believe my advice is relevant, apart from spending time with people you will leave. Sorry for not realizing you are the petitioner.

Its a horrible horrible situation to be in. At times my Fiance and I find ourselves feeling so resentful of couples who live in the same town or even the same house and take each other for granted. But it's important to remember we have found true love and a relationship that will endure. It has to be to go through this for someone.

Getting angry and frustrated wont speed things up, you are only bringing further suffering to yourself. I know it is a very helpless feeling and can imagine even more so, as the man. My Fiance would do anything to speed this up I know. But all any of us can do is wait and remain as positive as possible. Hope you hear something soon.

12/27/2010- I-129F Sent

01/04/2011-Email NOA1 recieved

01/05/2011 - Touched

01/08/2011-NOA1 Hard copy

05/17/2011- NOA2

05/24/2011- NOA2 Hard copy

05/25/2011- Consulate received case

06/11/2011- Packet 3 received

06/30/2011- Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Really?! Wow, I just switched back to Verizon from T-Mobile a couple of months ago.......:huh:

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey! don't forget they just had a snow storm up that way and the Government is usually shutdown for any reason

you know can't get to work cause the roads are not drivable, so nothing gets done.

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

I was finally approved today and updated my profile within the hour. That's one on the 14th but I agree with others that VJ may not be a very big sample. The agency really needs improved management and communication with applicants.

Congrats VJ friend !!!

04/29/06 - Meet in Dom. Rep.

05/01/06 - Our first date

10/30/06 - Living together

08/03/07 - Back to USA

12/01/07 - Back to DR (one Week)

02/01/08 - Back DR ( one week )

04/29/09 - Back to DR ( 3 days )

02/27/10 - Back to DR ( 16 days )

07/15/10 - 129F sent to USCIS

07/23/10 - NOA1

10/06/10 - Touched

01/13/11 - Service Request Form

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a violation of the Terms of Service (TOS) for Visa Journey to make personal attacks or to insult other members.Several posts containing such comments or quoting such comments have been removed.; Acceptable parts of the removed posts are returned below.

<br>I don't understand what makes you think that you are going to start some sort of VSC crusade on a message board because you are pissed off 3 months into an at least 5 month wait. You seriously need a hobby.

Suggest you read the T.O.S about personal attacks. Don't want ya getting in trouble ":P"

No-one makes you type what you do and click post. Nor do you have to read his posts.

I dislike what some posters say here, guess what? I either ignore it or add them to my ignore list.

Please try to be supportive of each other during this incredibly frustrating process. Vent if you wish but realize that sometimes when you vent about your circumstances you may inadvertently insult someone else in their circumstances.

Immigration is not for the faint of heart or for the impatient.. There are tens of thousands of applications submitted each year to the different service centers of USCIS.; They are not a workforce dedicated to only one type of application or petition, and based upon back logs and other factors there will be times in the year when certain petitions are the priority and other petitions have to wait. USCIS staff work hard but they don't decide what petitions they get to work on each day. The petitions are sent to them and they process them as fast as they can. They process many, many petitions each day and the delays that are experienced have more to do with too few resources and too much work. They aren't moving any slower or faster now than in the past - there are variables within every year and every processing cycle.; The biggest hassle is the lack of transparency - we have no way of knowing what is happening - and it is the not knowing, and the incredible importance of this decision in our lives, that makes this one of the most challenging experiences you will ever face.

So, please try to be considerate of each other and while you are frustrated about your own delay, know that there will be others who have it much worse than you. Those of you who have waited a short time, please know that you will spend many years into the future waiting for a decision of one sort or another from USCIS and the better you learn to deal with it now, the easier you will make it on yourselves - and on those who are also going through this process along with you.

I've been there too - my I-129f took nearly 7 months for approval back in 2003. When we applied we were told on our NOA1 to expect a 120 day wait, so yeah, I fully understand how you feel.

So thank you for being more considerate with each other whether you are venting or responding to someone's vent, whether you are still going through the process or you are lucky enough to be further along in the immigration journey.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.