kitty25

my noa2 number is different from visa number.

5 posts in this topic

Guyss,,

Help me...i dont know wat to do..example my NOA2 is A**, and my alien visa number is A**,they are different..imm soo scared, my flight will be on january 24...wat can i do now?? plzz helpppppp.. really appreciated!! thank you guyzzzzzzzz!!!

Edited by Captain Ewok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A) Your A# is sensitive personal information. You shouldn't post it in full on the internet. It's better to hide most of the number, or describe the problem in general terms. An admin will be along to redact it for you.

B) Don't panic. This has happened before to people here before. It''s just a one digit typo on the visa, and can be reasonably easily corrected.

If the A# on your visa is in the annotations field at the bottom, than this is a typo by the consular officer. They type in that bottom part by hand, and mistakes sometimes occur. But you should definitely get the visa reprinted. It probably won't cause problems at PoE, but could complicate or delay the processing of your AOS.

You should contact the consulate and explain the error. They'll tell you to send it back to them. They'll print up a corrected visa and send it back to you. If you start today they should probably [hopefully] be able to have a corrected visa back to you by the 24th. Depending on what the consulate say, you will probably want to contact the airline to move your flight back a week or so, just to be safe. The airline should be fairly reasonable about this, since the cause is outside your control, especially if you speak to a supervisor.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Its that okie if i will not send this back to the embassy..its only one missed number.. i have no time,, when i arrive at the u.s, then i call embassy that its have an erroR on my alien number...

if i fill up the i-94, its this going be a problem? i hope its not..

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Its that okie if i will not send this back to the embassy..its only one missed number.. i have no time,, when i arrive at the u.s, then i call embassy that its have an erroR on my alien number...

if i fill up the i-94, its this going be a problem? i hope its not..

The CBP officer can deal with the correct number. Just bring the NOA2 copy with you and explain it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you probably have time, if you start right away.

That said, it is quite likely you can get away without having the visa reprinted. The main other case I'm aware of where the annotations field on the visa imprint was incorrect had completely the wrong name for the USC petitioner. That definitely required reprinting, as that would have seriously confused the adjudicating USCIS officer during AOS, as well as the CBP officer at PoE. There's a very reasonable chance that a one-digit typo in the annotations field shouldn't cause any major problems.

You have to balance the pain-in-the-rear factor of having to push the flight back against the admittedly small-to-tiny risk of complications with your paperwork, and that's a choice only you can make.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.