missyouhoney

How is your NOA2 waiting time?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

The USCIS says that it should take up to 5 months to get the NOA2. What´s your experience? What has your waiting time for the NOA2 been? We received our NOA1 three months ago.

The USCIS really put our love to a test!!!

Good luck to everybody!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

when I did my paperwork it only took me 2months for NOA2 but now it is like a 5 to 6month wait....Good luck

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

when I did my paperwork it only took me 2months for NOA2 but now it is like a 5 to 6month wait....Good luck

Thank you for you answer and congratulations on your wedding! So romantic, December 31st! God bless you guys.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The government will not make anything work right by design. And if something governmental works right by accident, they will break it.

There was a time when the Vermont Service Center approved petitions in 30 days. I know because I was there. The year was 2004.

But now they broke it and did such a fine job of breaking it that it works worse than every other branch of government put together. You are told to wait 5 months for 15 minutes of work. Then when they don't get to you, they tell you ridiculous lies about how it really takes longer, just so they can jerk you around more and more. And it really only takes 15 minutes.

Congratulations, USCIS: You are a model for the rest of the government on how to break something that works. I hear that Iran and North Korea want you to teach them now to break the things they put there for their citizens, too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My NOA2 waiting time is terrible! Much too long!

We're coming up on six months :(

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I am still under the 5 month estimate given, but man is it stressful. Just not truly knowing what is going on with it really frustrates me.

It's just too bad that they can't tell you more about it on the USCIS homepage, like times last worked on, possible issues upcoming, you know, the stuff we really want to know so we don't get messed up? But the time itself has gone by slowly, but I am lucky enough to have a woman I can see every month, and talk to her as long as I want, when I can.

It just takes faith, and the ability to get lost in other activities.... I want to be with my fiancee right now, I can't think of much else really... LOL

11/17/2008------- Met each other online over the X-Box

01/17/2010------- After months of flirting sends me her number

02/26/2010------- Decided to finally meet

03/19/2010------- Met in Detroit, KTFO by Cupid at first sight

09/10/2010------- I-129F Sent

09/14/2010------- NOA1 recieved

09/17/2010------- "Touched"

02/10/2011------- RFE E-mail

02/14/2011------- RFE Hardcopy

02/17/2011------- RFE Sent

02/23/2011------- RFE Received by CSC

02/28/2011------- NOA 2 Acceptance E-Mail

Timeline

The government will not make anything work right by design. And if something governmental works right by accident, they will break it.

There was a time when the Vermont Service Center approved petitions in 30 days. I know because I was there. The year was 2004.

But now they broke it and did such a fine job of breaking it that it works worse than every other branch of government put together. You are told to wait 5 months for 15 minutes of work. Then when they don't get to you, they tell you ridiculous lies about how it really takes longer, just so they can jerk you around more and more. And it really only takes 15 minutes.

Congratulations, USCIS: You are a model for the rest of the government on how to break something that works. I hear that Iran and North Korea want you to teach them now to break the things they put there for their citizens, too.

Thank you for your answer.

I guess, there´s nothing we can do about it. They have the power to say -yes- or -no- and to decide when to do it. I guess going through the K1 process for us is like a self-control and spritual set of exercises to gain patience and faith.

Hang in there and good luck for you and your loved one!

My NOA2 waiting time is terrible! Much too long!

We're coming up on six months :(

Thank you for your answer. Who would think of it!, I mean, Canada, comm´on USCIS, you guys are neighbors, let this cute couple be together NOW.

Hang in there and good luck for you guys!

Timeline

Well I am still under the 5 month estimate given, but man is it stressful. Just not truly knowing what is going on with it really frustrates me.

It's just too bad that they can't tell you more about it on the USCIS homepage, like times last worked on, possible issues upcoming, you know, the stuff we really want to know so we don't get messed up? But the time itself has gone by slowly, but I am lucky enough to have a woman I can see every month, and talk to her as long as I want, when I can.

It just takes faith, and the ability to get lost in other activities.... I want to be with my fiancee right now, I can't think of much else really... LOL

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you, not knowing what´s going on is very frustrating. As I wrote in a previous reply, this is a test to exercise self-control and faith in all the hearts of the K1s. U r very lucky to b able to c ur loved one so just enjoy it as much as you can and have fun planning your wedding.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you, not knowing what´s going on is very frustrating. As I wrote in a previous reply, this is a test to exercise self-control and faith in all the hearts of the K1s. U r very lucky to b able to c ur loved one so just enjoy it as much as you can and have fun planning your wedding.

Good luck!

Well guess what? I am not interested in self-control, faith, patience, or anything else along those lines, and they were not what I paid USCIS for. I paid them for ACTION on my I129f petition, and for these past 3 1/2 months, all that petition got was dust.

If I want self-control, faith and patience, I will go see some guru somewhere. I don't want any of that. I want the damn visa!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have to agree with the other ones whose patience has run out! Our NOA1 date was July 23. We're closing in on six months and getting more frustrated by the day! The purported 5 month wait for 15 minutes of work is ridiculous in itself but the absolutely unacceptable part is the "customer service!" There are no excuses! If we want immigration reform Congress really needs to grill this agency for their ridiculous service! It is not at all unreasonable to expect an agency of the US government to approve applications in order and give you adequate notice if they are running behind and a good estimate of how much the delay will be. Telling you to call back in 30 days after you have already waited more than 5 months for them to do 15 minutes of work is ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable! Everyone should voice this to your member of Congress!

Timeline

I have to agree with the other ones whose patience has run out! Our NOA1 date was July 23. We're closing in on six months and getting more frustrated by the day! The purported 5 month wait for 15 minutes of work is ridiculous in itself but the absolutely unacceptable part is the "customer service!" There are no excuses! If we want immigration reform Congress really needs to grill this agency for their ridiculous service! It is not at all unreasonable to expect an agency of the US government to approve applications in order and give you adequate notice if they are running behind and a good estimate of how much the delay will be. Telling you to call back in 30 days after you have already waited more than 5 months for them to do 15 minutes of work is ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable! Everyone should voice this to your member of Congress!

As bad as it is, I´m glad for you guys ´coz u r getting closer. I´ll have to be patient and not plan anything in another 5 months. It´s very sad I have to be away from my honey.

Good luck!

Well guess what? I am not interested in self-control, faith, patience, or anything else along those lines, and they were not what I paid USCIS for. I paid them for ACTION on my I129f petition, and for these past 3 1/2 months, all that petition got was dust.

If I want self-control, faith and patience, I will go see some guru somewhere. I don't want any of that. I want the damn visa!

I totally understand how u feel. I have a long way to wait.

Cheer up, u guys are getting closer.

Hang in there!

149 days and counting. I'm expecting my wait to go beyond the 5-month period. Realistically, don't expect anything sooner than 5 months unless you're one of the lucky few they draw in a lottery.

As bad as it is, I´m glad for you guys ´coz u r getting closer. I´ll have to be patient and not plan anything in another 5 months. It´s very sad I have to be away from my honey.

Good luck!

Timeline

But you are only 1 day behind me, and since you have the California Disservice Center and not the Vermont Disservice Center, you will probably get yours ahead of me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't even ask :( ..........I think we have you all beat. We filed in April and still don't have an NOA2. After 6 months a service request was put in and also an inquiry by the Senator, and within a few days we had a 3-page RFE. They gave us 45 days to answer it which we did at the end of December, and now we will wait for 2-4 months (estimated) for a decision. PLEASE let it be an approval. This is getting harder and harder every day and we feel so helpless in the situation............it's going on 9 months now of waiting for us.....:(

The USCIS says that it should take up to 5 months to get the NOA2. What´s your experience? What has your waiting time for the NOA2 been? We received our NOA1 three months ago.

The USCIS really put our love to a test!!!

Good luck to everybody!

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

6 months and 6 days for us.. no RFE no explanation, no nothing.. and we've tried EVERYTHING to get an answer..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.