RosyMad

Money Transfers

52 posts in this topic

use xoom its great. Very easy, cheap and very fast.

Plus, there is usually a monthly Xoom coupon, which reduces the charge to $3.99 or so, no matter how much cash we want to send!

Hey, every dollar counts, nowadays. Why spend $14.99 for WU and let the CEO make a big profit?! :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Xoom is good as long as you are not sending money to China. :blink:

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I use Western Union...it's 11 dollars for international. plus, i think they have more locations than moneygram

Have you ever tried Xoom?? I use Xoom and it starts out as low as $4.99 to send to Nicaragua (that's for $25.00 I think and goes up from there). I don't know how much you send at a time, but I even sent $1200 (big amount, for me) and the fee was only $16.99. You might want to look into Xoom if you haven't before. I send it and it's usually ready to be picked up in 15-20 minutes. I use BAC for the pick up because that seems to be a little faster for him (he lives in Leon). They were even calling him to let him know he had money to pick up, although I don't know if they are still doing that or not. I always search the internet for coupon codes just to save a little money on the fees if I can, but honestly, I am very satisfied with Xoom and the fees they charge, especially considering the speed of the transfer!! Just wanted to pass that along to ya! :)

USCIS **40 Days**

8/1/11 - I-130 Mailed (USPS Priority)

8/5/11 - NOA1 via text/email

8/15/11 - Requested Expedite

9/2/11 - Sent in Expedite Evidence

9/14/11 - I-130 Approved (Online Status)

9/17/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC **45 Days**

10/1/11 - NVC Case # Assigned

10/4/11 - Paid I-864 Bill

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

10/31/11 - Sent I-864 & IV Packets (USPS Express)

11/7/11 - Received False RFE Email (Requesting IV Packet)

11/8/11 - Case Completed

11/14/11 - Interview Date Assigned (for 12/28/11)

11/15/11 - Case Forwarded on to Managua

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Have you ever tried Xoom?? I use Xoom and it starts out as low as $4.99 to send to Nicaragua (that's for $25.00 I think and goes up from there). I don't know how much you send at a time, but I even sent $1200 (big amount, for me) and the fee was only $16.99. You might want to look into Xoom if you haven't before. I send it and it's usually ready to be picked up in 15-20 minutes. I use BAC for the pick up because that seems to be a little faster for him (he lives in Leon). They were even calling him to let him know he had money to pick up, although I don't know if they are still doing that or not. I always search the internet for coupon codes just to save a little money on the fees if I can, but honestly, I am very satisfied with Xoom and the fees they charge, especially considering the speed of the transfer!! Just wanted to pass that along to ya! :)

Hey there! Where do you get the coupons? I haven't tried Xoom, but I want to give it a try.

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hey there! Where do you get the coupons? I haven't tried Xoom, but I want to give it a try.

Well, lately I've had a hard time finding any new coupon codes but I just do a google search for "Xoom Coupon Code" and see if anything comes up. I usually try a few of the older ones just to see if they work and if not, I go ahead and send the money since the fees are very reasonable. Xoom really is so nice. I've seen a few bad reviews on the internet about them, but I just don't see how. I've been using it for 2 years now (just to Nicaragua though) and the money is always ready to pick-up within 30mins and they've even lowered the fees just a little since I started using it, so I'm definitely a devoted customer...at least until I can find someone that will send for FREE!!! B-)

USCIS **40 Days**

8/1/11 - I-130 Mailed (USPS Priority)

8/5/11 - NOA1 via text/email

8/15/11 - Requested Expedite

9/2/11 - Sent in Expedite Evidence

9/14/11 - I-130 Approved (Online Status)

9/17/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC **45 Days**

10/1/11 - NVC Case # Assigned

10/4/11 - Paid I-864 Bill

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

10/31/11 - Sent I-864 & IV Packets (USPS Express)

11/7/11 - Received False RFE Email (Requesting IV Packet)

11/8/11 - Case Completed

11/14/11 - Interview Date Assigned (for 12/28/11)

11/15/11 - Case Forwarded on to Managua

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Well, lately I've had a hard time finding any new coupon codes but I just do a google search for "Xoom Coupon Code" and see if anything comes up. I usually try a few of the older ones just to see if they work and if not, I go ahead and send the money since the fees are very reasonable. Xoom really is so nice. I've seen a few bad reviews on the internet about them, but I just don't see how. I've been using it for 2 years now (just to Nicaragua though) and the money is always ready to pick-up within 30mins and they've even lowered the fees just a little since I started using it, so I'm definitely a devoted customer...at least until I can find someone that will send for FREE!!! B-)

Gotcha! Thank you so much for the info!! ;)

I sent my wife a paypal debit card linked to my paypal account. I add money to my account when she needs money. The only drawback is that it takes 4-5 days for the transfer to complete. If your spouse has or can get thier own paypal account then you can make instant payments to each other. paypal.com

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.