kitty25

PORT OF ENTRY?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

okie....thank you sooo much pushbrk and leah.....thank you sooo much guyzzzzzzzzzzzz....mwahhhhhhhhhhhh... my poe is guam...yeheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yes Guam sorry for the confusion :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guam will be your POE. US territory.

Sent 2010-09-18

NOA1 2010-09-21

Touched 2010-09-28

Touched 2010-10-03

NOA2 2011-04-19

Embassy 2011-05-12

Medicals 2011-05-27

Interviews 2011-07-18

ALMOST THERE!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

yes Guam sorry for the confusion :thumbs:

Someone who traveled the route has indicated the POE may well be Houston. I expect it depends on the length of layover in Guam. It's possible some passengers may not even get off the plane.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Your port of entry will be Houston. I flew that same route from Phili.. The reason I say so is when you go to Guam you will stay in the terminal and not exit awaiting your next flight,,,,the same if you stop in Hawaii.. But when you get to Houston you claim your bags and they make you Exit thru Immigration ((the lines on the right) . Then right after that you drop your bags in the drop of chute,,,and get into the security (TSA) line to enter the terminal again to catch your last flight...:thumbs:

I studied this because my wife will be flying the same route( But if you decide to exit the secure area at any time then that will be your poe)

Also when I flew,,,my stops where Guam, Hawaii then Houston,,,I never had to present my Passport till I reached Houston :thumbs:

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Someone who traveled the route has indicated the POE may well be Houston. I expect it depends on the length of layover in Guam. It's possible some passengers may not even get off the plane.

lol whatever the case maybe rest assured she will have a POE....lol

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

OMG! PEOPLE! STOP CONFUSING !!

here is definition...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_entry

Your port of entry is going to be located at your first stop in the United States so Houston,Texas

Maybe she really needs know WHAT poe it will be,,,,Because some airlines only give you an hour to catch your next flight,,,,When she gets to Houston she will get line for the POE,,,,,sometimes they POE may ask extra questions and may even do a detailed search of her bags. (extra time) THEN she has to re-enter the airport and get in that LONG TSA security line,,,,THEN when she finally makes thru TSA she has to search her gate witch always ends up being the last one with the longest walk,,,!

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

HELLO,

Guys im soo confusing, i dont know where is my port of entry? my flight are MANILA TO GUAM, GUAM TO HOUSTON, HOUSTON TO KNOXVILLE.... the other vj says that my port of entry is knoxville may last destination, the one vj's says also the first step of america....i dont know where it is????????????????? plzz guysssssss helpp me... thank you soo much..

I just flew back on that route and you will most definitely go through immigration in Guam. Assuming you are flying on Continental Airlines then you will also have a stop over in Honolulu and will clear customs there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your POE will be Houston...Guam is a Territory and can not process Visa...what does it mean when people have "touched" in their timeline?

Houston will be your POE Guam is a Territory and cannot process VISA...Can someone tell me what it means when I see "touched" in the timeline

Thanks

Timeline:

Meetings (dating)in Person Aug 2009/Nov 2009/Jan 2010/Jun 2010 (Engaged!)

VSC

Sep 7th 2010 I-129F Submitted

Sep 9th 2010 NOA1 Received via Text

Sep 10th 2010 I-129F Accepted

Sep 2010 5th meeting in person

Oct 3rd 2010 Touched

Feb 2011 6th meeting arranged (spending Valentine's together)

Mar 17 2011 NOA2 @09:59 am Thank You St Patty! It only took 6 months 1 week 1 day

NVC

Mar 24th NVC Receives I-129F Petition

Mar 28th Case Number Assigned

Mar 29th File shipped to Manila

Manila Embassy

Apr 1 Receives Case File

Apr 6 Medical - Sputum test required

Apr 12 Begin 3 day Sputum test at St Lukes

Jun 13th medical sputum cleared / Jun 14th Medical completed

Jun 27 Interview - Visa Approved!!

Jul 14th VISA Packet Received : ) Finally! 310 days from submittal to VISA in hand

3 months 1 week and 3 days from NOA2 approval to Embassy Approval

Aug 9th Fiancee arrives in USA at POE Honolulu Hi

Aug 11th Tony and Jubi have a Beautiful Wedding in Hawaii

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 18 Nov 2011/USPS-confirmed delivery 23 Nov/Check Cashed - 29 Nov

20 Jan 2012 EAD and AP Approved txt msg received

14 Mar 2012 RFE for AoS / 3 Apr 2012 RFE info recv by USCIS /11 Apr 2012 AoS Approved

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well said. :thumbs:

The POE will be where the Customs agent takes your sealed package from you. If Guam or Houston doesn't matter. You have made the journey. CONGRATULATIONS..... :dance:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Your POE will be Houston...Guam is a Territory and can not process Visa...what does it mean when people have "touched" in their timeline?

Houston will be your POE Guam is a Territory and cannot process VISA...Can someone tell me what it means when I see "touched" in the timeline

Thanks

Guam is definitely a POE and definitely CAN process a visa. Guam Natives are US Citizens. If a Guamanian petitions for a foreign loved one so they can live together in Guam, they do not have to fly to the Continental USA to have their visa process before the go to Guam. Guam is a POE. The issue is whether this particular passenger will clear immigration there or not. They CAN, but may not.

FYI, immigrant visa holders clear US immigration in Vancouver, BC, Ottawa, Ontario, and Dublin Ireland, among other actual foreign locations.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Is there some place for authoritative answers about POEs? I do not intend to offend, but I have talked to CBP and asked my questions here. No one seems to know and opinions are not what I want to base my travel plans on. There is a POE in Aruba, and using that POE would save me and my fiance quite a bit of money. CBP claims that my fiance cannot enter the US from Aruba (she is Venazuelan). When I ask about it here, the comments I received seemed to indicate that planning to do so was equivilent to some kind of illegal entry. So, for the person who started this thread and for me, where can we get answers that match what the US government will allow?

Timeline

Is there some place for authoritative answers about POEs? I do not intend to offend, but I have talked to CBP and asked my questions here. No one seems to know and opinions are not what I want to base my travel plans on. There is a POE in Aruba, and using that POE would save me and my fiance quite a bit of money. CBP claims that my fiance cannot enter the US from Aruba (she is Venazuelan). When I ask about it here, the comments I received seemed to indicate that planning to do so was equivilent to some kind of illegal entry. So, for the person who started this thread and for me, where can we get answers that match what the US government will allow?

This is a link to the current list of US Ports of Entry. http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0685.shtm Often we get wrong answers when we ask the wrong questions. What you want to ask CBP (perhaps you asked exactly this already.) is whether a person flying from Venezuela through Aruba with a K1 visa, would clear immigration in Aruba? If the answer is no, then ask whether the K1 visa holder is allowed to fly through Aruba to reach a POE in the USA?

There are other non-US airports and one Amtrak station listed where family based visa holders definitely DO clear US immigration. I just can't tell you if the same is true for ALL non-US airports with POE's.

Guam, of course, is listed as a "US Airport" in alphabetical order after Georgia.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks

Any time your application is handled by someone at a Service Center, the barcode is scanned, which results in an update to the "last date" for your case on the USCIS website. When the date changes, this mean that someone has physically handled or "touched" your case. There are many reasons your application may be "touched" - from simply being moved from one desk to another, to RFE's, to being approved.

There are 2 kinds of touches. There are the ones that show some kind of update, there are the ones that don't bring a new message. By logging into the account, take a look at the date that shows next to your case number. If it's changed, you've been touched.

By clicking on the case number, you get to check whether it was an update touch or not. The ones that don't show updates are connected with some kind of work done with regard to your case - it merely shows that they've taken a look at it somehow.

My wife flew from Manila to Guam, Hawaii then Houston in May 2010. She cleared immigrations on K1 Visa in Guam. She cleared customs and claimed her luggage in Hawaii once she reached Houston she flew into the domestic terminal thus not having to claim or clear customs as this was done in Hawaii. When she cleared immigrations in Guam they took her package and gave her it back and said to give it to customs in Hawaii. I specifically placed her on this flight as other VJ members stated there would be no hassle from the immigrations officers as most of them are Filipino in Guam airport. They were correct! I myself made this same flight previously and my point of entry was Guam not Houston. Since Guam is a US territory this is where your P.O.E will be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.