kitty25

PORT OF ENTRY?

53 posts in this topic

Never Mind

Edited by George & Gina

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Your POE is Guam. PERIOD.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

My wife flew from Manila to Guam, Hawaii then Houston in May 2010. She cleared immigrations on K1 Visa in Guam. She cleared customs and claimed her luggage in Hawaii once she reached Houston she flew into the domestic terminal thus not having to claim or clear customs as this was done in Hawaii. When she cleared immigrations in Guam they took her package and gave her it back and said to give it to customs in Hawaii. I specifically placed her on this flight as other VJ members stated there would be no hassle from the immigrations officers as most of them are Filipino in Guam airport. They were correct! I myself made this same flight previously and my point of entry was Guam not Houston. Since Guam is a US territory this is where your P.O.E will be.

Thank you. I was getting very frustrated with reading that Guam wasn't a POE. I live in Guam and have flown back and forth on the same filght as Kitty25 on a dozen occasions. I'm fairly certain that the Filipinos that I saw waiting in line and holding brown envelopes after the flight were doing their POE processing, although I never bothered to ask.

George

Edited by George & Gina

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

ain't it simpler to check your passport and see where they stamped it? where did they take the brown envelope? where did they fingerprint you?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This is a link to the current list of US Ports of Entry. http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0685.shtm Often we get wrong answers when we ask the wrong questions. What you want to ask CBP (perhaps you asked exactly this already.) is whether a person flying from Venezuela through Aruba with a K1 visa, would clear immigration in Aruba? If the answer is no, then ask whether the K1 visa holder is allowed to fly through Aruba to reach a POE in the USA?

There are other non-US airports and one Amtrak station listed where family based visa holders definitely DO clear US immigration. I just can't tell you if the same is true for ALL non-US airports with POE's.

Guam, of course, is listed as a "US Airport" in alphabetical order after Georgia.

Thanks! That clarification will be a big help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks! That clarification will be a big help.

Wherever this POE is, I hope that your family member goes through smoothly and quickly. I have heard POW can take a while so book flights accordingly with plenty of time between, even if the "planned POE" changes due to something as simple as a flight having to land or change terminals it can cause a delay if the processing airport enroute didn't anticipate having to process POE applicants unexpectedly due to flight delays. Make sure you leave enough time between all flights for the trip.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

ain't it simpler to check your passport and see where they stamped it? where did they take the brown envelope? where did they fingerprint you?

In the past tense, yes. If you want to know in advance, so you know how much time to allow between flights, no. Much of life is "relative" to something.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

take a deep breath, open your passport, go to the page where the immigration officer stamped it, and read what it says next to "admitted". does it say Huston or does it say Guam?

Also, you may well remember where you were fingerprinted, whether outside the sun was shiny and the sea was blue, or hot and dusty. I think it's that simple.

Timeline

take a deep breath, open your passport, go to the page where the immigration officer stamped it, and read what it says next to "admitted". does it say Huston or does it say Guam?

Also, you may well remember where you were fingerprinted, whether outside the sun was shiny and the sea was blue, or hot and dusty. I think it's that simple.

This is a past tense answer. The OP wants to know in advance of the flight, where the POE will be, so she can't get the answer NOW by checking her passport BECAUSE she hasn't traveled yet. Knowing which leg of the trip is likely to feature a travel delay to clear US immigration is important in travel planning.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

maybe I got confused BECAUSE I didn't read anywhere verbs in the future tense or a clear intention to take a plane yet to take off. Plus it could well be a legitimate question to fill in correctly the AOS form that asks you about your POE.

Timeline

maybe I got confused BECAUSE I didn't read anywhere verbs in the future tense or a clear intention to take a plane yet to take off. Plus it could well be a legitimate question to fill in correctly the AOS form that asks you about your POE.

From Kitty's profile page on VJ.

kitty25 user_popup.png Visa on hand!!! my flight will be on january 24...yahoooooo!!!

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Kitty,

When you arrive in Guam, your paths to the other gates with be blocked by the security guards. I live in Guam and pass through the airport every 2 or 3 months. The pathway to the immigration section is the only way that will be open for you. The paths to the other gates will be blocked off by the security guards. When you get to the immigration section, proceed to the shortest line or if there is an immigration officer directing traffic, ask him/her where to fall in line. When you get to the head of the line advise the officer that you've just arrived on a K-1 visa. Also inform them that you have a connecting flight to Hawaii and let them know the time of the flight, I'm certain they'll make sure you catch it on time. At least a few of them WILL know Tagalog, which may speed things up. They will process you through Guam as your POE and then direct you to your connecting gate. If you're unsure where to go, just ask. It is a very small airport and most of the people are very friendly.

Good luck.

George

HELLO,

Guys im soo confusing, i dont know where is my port of entry? my flight are MANILA TO GUAM, GUAM TO HOUSTON, HOUSTON TO KNOXVILLE.... the other vj says that my port of entry is knoxville may last destination, the one vj's says also the first step of america....i dont know where it is????????????????? plzz guysssssss helpp me... thank you soo much..

Thannkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yoooooooooooo sooo much for all of my friends here in vj replying my post...i really really really appreciated... i knew it now my POE is GUAM.... THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYSSSSSSSS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND GODBLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.