kitty25

PORT OF ENTRY?

53 posts in this topic

HELLO,

Guys im soo confusing, i dont know where is my port of entry? my flight are MANILA TO GUAM, GUAM TO HOUSTON, HOUSTON TO KNOXVILLE.... the other vj says that my port of entry is knoxville may last destination, the one vj's says also the first step of america....i dont know where it is????????????????? plzz guysssssss helpp me... thank you soo much..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

your POE will be Houston....The first stop in America...Knoxville airport is small I am pretty sure they dont have border patrol there...Good Luck and WELCOME!!!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

your POE will be Houston....The first stop in America...Knoxville airport is small I am pretty sure they dont have border patrol there...Good Luck and WELCOME!!!

You need to do some search, perhaps check the CBP website for ports

Guam is a US Territory, they have a US Port of entry there, the flight from there to Huston should be considered domestic, as well as flight further on.

http://www.cbp.gov/x...s/Guam/3207.xml

Another example would be if first port were Puerto Rico, that too would be a POE.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Guam is a US Teritory, they have a US Port of entry there, the flight from there to Huston should be considered domestic, as well as flight further on.

http://www.cbp.gov/x...s/Guam/3207.xml

Yes, the POE will be Guam.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HELLO,

Guys im soo confusing, i dont know where is my port of entry? my flight are MANILA TO GUAM, GUAM TO HOUSTON, HOUSTON TO KNOXVILLE.... the other vj says that my port of entry is knoxville may last destination, the one vj's says also the first step of america....i dont know where it is????????????????? plzz guysssssss helpp me... thank you soo much..

Welcome to Knoxville,that's where I ended up..I think you'll like it :thumbs:

Timeline

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! GUAM OR HOUSTON??????????????????????

GUAM!! IT IS A US TERRITORY!! Just like Puerto Rico,

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

GUAM!! IT IS A US TERRITORY!! Just like Puerto Rico,

This is not an election where majority rules. There's a right and wrong answer. Guam will be the POE. The member who said Houston was evidently unaware that GUAM will be the first place in the USA that the plane lands.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELLO,

Your POE is Guam...

8/26/09- received 10yr GC

N-400- done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

HI there,

Your port of entry is going to be located at your first stop in the United States, so I believe you stated your first stop will be in Houston. After you get off of your international flight, you will go through customs an then you will need to go take your domestic flight.

Hope this helps

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

HI there,

Your port of entry is going to be located at your first stop in the United States, so I believe you stated your first stop will be in Houston. After you get off of your international flight, you will go through customs an then you will need to go take your domestic flight.

Hope this helps

Tuana, Did you read through the thread before posting?? Guam is a US territory, and POE, per CBP.GOV

HELLO,

Your port of entry will be Houston. I flew that same route from Phili.. The reason I say so is when you go to Guam you will stay in the terminal and not exit awaiting your next flight,,,,the same if you stop in Hawaii.. But when you get to Houston you claim your bags and they make you Exit thru Immigration ((the lines on the right) . Then right after that you drop your bags in the drop of chute,,,and get into the security (TSA) line to enter the terminal again to catch your last flight...:thumbs:

I studied this because my wife will be flying the same route( But if you decide to exit the secure area at any time then that will be your poe)

Edited by AlexJane

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Timeline

Your port of entry will be Houston. I flew that same route from Phili.. The reason I say so is when you go to Guam you will stay in the terminal and not exit awaiting your next flight,,,,the same if you stop in Hawaii.. But when you get to Houston you claim your bags and they make you Exit thru Immigration ((the lines on the right) . Then right after that you drop your bags in the drop of chute,,,and get into the security (TSA) line to enter the terminal again to catch your last flight...:thumbs:

I studied this because my wife will be flying the same route( But if you decide to exit the secure area at any time then that will be your poe)

Perhaps it depends on the length of the layover. Yes, there are some airports where you can remain in a secure area without going through immigration. For the OP, it really doesn't matter since the visa holder will clear immigration and customs prior to seeing each other.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.