lovely_girl

Cant Wait Any More

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

If you can't wait, then send a notarized letter to USCIS and withdraw the petition. Obviously you don't have the fortitude and patience that is required for a long distance relationship involving immigration. Not many do so don't be disheartened.

stpid people like you i didnt ask the question n i dont listen pople like you SO move around dude!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE ELSE FOR UNDERSTANING MY PAIN!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang in there. I was in your same shoes, but our NOA2 took almost 5 months to the exact day - and it came in the mail on New Year's Eve! It will be coming shortly!

CONGRATS!!! We got our approval on 28 Dec (NOA2) and received in mail on 5 Jan, after NVC had already received and sent our app to Manila. Just got our NVC letter today (was lazy and didn't check mail yesterday, so actually got it yesterday. So waiting on packet from embassy and then off to the interview. YIPEE!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I kind of take offense to what someone said about "us", the people who are finally where we are meant to be, forgetting what it was like to be in "your" position. I do not think that anyone who has gone through the journey will ever forgot what we went through to get where we are. We fought to be here just as hard as anyone else. SOme people will however move on and live their wonderful lives together as one and try to think of the times that were hard that are now over with.

That was me who said that, and it doesn't apply to you, nor does it apply to most people who have been there and done that. But there are a certain few who completed the process and suddenly feel that they are superior to those of us who are still here in the swamp. Those people were the ones I was addressing, not you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

That was me who said that, and it doesn't apply to you, nor does it apply to most people who have been there and done that. But there are a certain few who completed the process and suddenly feel that they are superior to those of us who are still here in the swamp. Those people were the ones I was addressing, not you.

Responses that reference reality are not indications people have forgotten the pain and difficulties of waiting through the black hole of petition approval or later waiting for the interview date to be assigned and/or waiting for news of the interview. More to the point, they are remembering that facing the reality like an adult was more helpful to them than feeling sorry for themselves was. People are different. For most, an understanding of the realities of their circumstances helps them cope just as well, if not better than expressions of sympathy from strangers. Humor helps just about anything, in my experience. YMMV

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Something I noticed when looking at timelines, the time between noa-1 and noa-2 varies a lot more than the noa-1 to interview times. Does this imply that there is some sort of policy in place to give everybody a 5-8 month wait in the overall process? Maybe they want to avoid giving 'fiancee or bride' visas too quickly to give applicants time to back out if they are acting too hastily? Just wondering.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Something I noticed when looking at timelines, the time between noa-1 and noa-2 varies a lot more than the noa-1 to interview times. Does this imply that there is some sort of policy in place to give everybody a 5-8 month wait in the overall process? Maybe they want to avoid giving 'fiancee or bride' visas too quickly to give applicants time to back out if they are acting too hastily? Just wondering.

Not in the least. Timelines between submission and petition approval vary based on USCIS workloads. From petition approval (fiance) to interview depends on how busy a whole other part of the government (Consular Immigrant Visa Units) are. Waiting is a bi-product of the bureaucratic process. Only people "waiting" call them "waiting times". "Processing times" vary with workload, period.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

stpid people like you i didnt ask the question n i dont listen pople like you SO move around dude!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE ELSE FOR UNDERSTANING MY PAIN!

Girl, just click on his post and report, you dont need those kind of comments at all. goodluck, we too are still waiting and we are almost hitting a 6months mark.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Kathryn,

I didn't tell anybody to "wet their pants". I gave my reaction to the title of the thread. It was intended as humor but should have had a smiley to indicate that. I went on to invite the OP to join the club because we all wait. (past or present)

My first sentence was... bold added for emphasis.

"Can't wait anymore" as a thread title prompted, me to think, "Then go ahead and wet your pants."

Once I read the message, I responded both to the title and the post. I would suggest that those who cannot read for context, may well not be ready for "do it yourself" immigration processes. I think we all know that when anybody but a small child who doesn't know better says, "I can't wait....." they don't mean it literally. Pleas for sympathy get varying responses from humans, some more reality based than others and some more "helpful" than others. It is for each to judge when and where sympathy will be more helpful than a reality based reminder.

As Kathryn so clearly stated, regardless of one's opinion on what is more helpful, personal attacks are not either the proper response or an allowed response on VJ.

We judge ourselves by our intentions but others judge us by our behavior. This is the cause of the strife regarding the remarks to the OP.

If one person says you have a tail you can shrug it off.

If two people tell you you have a tail you may want to give it some thought.

If three people tell you that you have a tail you should turn around and look.

In the end, I have read many many of your posts and found them to be very helpful. Thank you for your contributions.

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our NOA1 was Aug 11 thats 152 days ago. Last TOUCH 145 days AGO.

It is 2317 days or 6 years, 4 months, 4 days snce we first met on the internet about Sept. 5 2004... Thats the oldest email I can find.

I can write a book on the delays that stopped us from meeting in person for 5 years and 13 days.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Please do not give up. Before you know it, you are on the plane to the United States of America. You can do it. Good luck on your journey to America.

i got my NOA1 Thur California center on sep 1 st its already been 5 month at the end of this month but hope we get the NOA2 soon......Iam started being un patient Now!!!!!!!!!!!! Any where here around that time

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my NOA1 Thur California center on sep 1 st its already been 5 month at the end of this month but hope we get the NOA2 soon......Iam started being un patient Now!!!!!!!!!!!! Any where here around that time

Yes we filed augest 21st we also were granted expidited processing in nov. and we have heard nothing all we get when we call is just wait we will notify you by mail. so you not alone .

I mean no disrespect, praying helps, but there are other solutions too, be proactive and call the USCIS and ask to be escalated to find out the case-status, I had to resort to this when we didn't receive anynews after 5 months, only speaking to a USCIS office did we find out that a RFE(request for additional evidence) was mailed out on Dec.29/10. There are other recourses, hmmm hmmm. to the poster of "wet-your-pants", dont' give up, like the ombudsman of USCIS if the 5 month waiting period is not met, in our case USCIS made a typographical error which may have impeded the process, hence we could have a case for "expedite". Please email directly if you want more details

Cheers.

No need for that, got my approval already last Dec. 08 without any RFE, and all i did was to pray and pray harder, nothing beats prayer,it eases all my worries and stress and makes me confident that things will be alright with HIM, i was just trying to help lovely girl on how she should go about her waiting agony, it's all about encouragement and understanding the pain of other people who are in the long wait which seems to be endless. Thanks for your input though, hope you'll help others who are still waiting. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.