BenjAshley

January 2011 Filers!!!

2,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

welcome Honey&Bee!

Us three - we had the wrong fee in our petition as well when we first sent it in November 26th and have been devastated and angry about losing a month. but, let's hope that VSC keeps up the speed and won't slow down again! good luck everyone!

11/30/2010 I-129F package sent

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

5/27/2011 fly over to US, stay for 2 months

8/22/2011 Visa Interview in Helsinki

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

4/28/2012 Green Card received! No Interview :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys.. as a newbie, can anyone let me know what it means to be 'touched'? What does that implicate, what does that mean? Does that mean that they have somehow partially checked our documents? Or that they picked it up and realized we're too early to be processed and put us back to our rightful queue? Just wondering.. :whistle:

Thanks you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Eve&Josh! :-) We're being processed at CSC, but I surely hope both VSC and CSC will keep up, so they can process our month already! :-)

Hmmm.. I checked Feb 07 and only one from CSC got NOA2.. do some of VJ members not just that active? :whistle:

Hello guys.. as a newbie, can anyone let me know what it means to be 'touched'? What does that implicate, what does that mean? Does that mean that they have somehow partially checked our documents? Or that they picked it up and realized we're too early to be processed and put us back to our rightful queue? Just wondering.. :whistle:

Thanks you!

Whenever someone handles your case at the service center, they scan a barcode or otherwise log you in to their system. This could be that they are processing something on your application, or it could be that they are just moving it from one location to another.

For instance, a bunch of people from VSC got 'touches' on 10/3/2010, which is widely assumed at this point to have been VSC shelving a good number of their K-1 applications in favor of processing TPS. No one knows for sure, though.

I've seen people report touches just before approval, just before RFEs, and sometimes with no real change in their status at all. Basically, all it means is someone 'touched' your application. Quite literally. Nothing more than that.

You can see 'touches' by having an account on the USCIS status site. When you have a petition entered, there will be a 'last updated' date, and that will show you the last time someone 'touched' your case.

Hmmm.. I checked Feb 07 and only one from CSC got NOA2.. do some of VJ members not just that active? :whistle:

I tend to look at the weekly totals from Igor's list rather than the day to day counts. It can vary a lot from day to day. Seems like VSC is keeping up a decent pace (maybe not fast enough for some people waiting there, but still...). As for California, who knows. I'll wait until the end of the week before I start wondering too hard on what's going on over there.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

For my own peace of mind I don't really expect for any miracle to happen with our timelines or service centers. I'm here steady for the next 6 months, after that Im getting worried.

I hope we can all manage our waiting with a lot of patience and full of our significant other's loving. I love the harmony we've been able to keep as January Filers and truly hope we can manage to keep it through out this whole process!

God knows when and knows why. =)

Love you All!!

Dee

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

Another January Filer here for Peru!! Blessings to all of you and hoping that your NOA2 comes sooner than later!

Welcome to the group!

Could you update your timeline with your correct service center? (California or Vermont)

Thanks!

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For my own peace of mind I don't really expect for any miracle to happen with our timelines or service centers. I'm here steady for the next 6 months, after that Im getting worried.

I hope we can all manage our waiting with a lot of patience and full of our significant other's loving. I love the harmony we've been able to keep as January Filers and truly hope we can manage to keep it through out this whole process!

God knows when and knows why. =)

Love you All!!

Dee

Luv you too Dee & Chris!!!

And I too have no expectations of miracles and actually 5 - 6 months works well for us as we will be in Japan (feeling VERY lucky to be able to spend the waiting time with my love) until the 5 month mark comes up in June and then Seattle after that, stateside makes me feel a bit more secure that we won't miss deadlines etc. I will however start to panic if the dates get close to October as Mark may be back in Japan for a couple months then and that will not be good for our timing.

Keeping my fingers crossed, prayers said and touching wood for all of us! :innocent:

This is a great group of filiers, I feel blessed to be part of the January group! :luv:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Does anyone know what the "A# (if any)" on the I-129F is for? Because it was right beside the "u.s. social security" question we assumed it just wanted any number from for the alien fiance. So we put my Social Insurance Number! What that correct? If not would they reject our application or request an RFE? Man I hate how complicated this whole process is. I find it so frustrating. :crying:

Jan. 12, 2011 - K1 Visa sent via USPS express

Jan. 14, 2011 - Package signed for in TX @ 11:12am

Jan. 18, 2011 - Receipt of NOA1

Jan. 20, 2011 - Received email notificatoin of NOA 1 @ 12:40am

Jan. 24, 2011 - Received hard copy of NOA1 in mail

Feb. 28, 2011 - "touched"

May 24, 2011 - Email Notification of NOA2

June 9, 2011 - Package left NVC for Vancouver

June 14, 2011 - Consulate received

June 15, 2011 - Package 3 received via email

June 15, 2011 - faxed package 3 to consulate general

June 16, 2011 - Received Packet 4

July 20, 2011 - Medical

July 22, 2011 - Interview - Approved

July 26, 2011 - Visa Delivered to DHL and picked up

August 6, 2011 - US Entry

event.png

Timeline

Could my question above not have been written any worse?!! Sorry about that. Hope it makes sense to you as i can't go back and edit it anymore.

Edited by carl24

Jan. 12, 2011 - K1 Visa sent via USPS express

Jan. 14, 2011 - Package signed for in TX @ 11:12am

Jan. 18, 2011 - Receipt of NOA1

Jan. 20, 2011 - Received email notificatoin of NOA 1 @ 12:40am

Jan. 24, 2011 - Received hard copy of NOA1 in mail

Feb. 28, 2011 - "touched"

May 24, 2011 - Email Notification of NOA2

June 9, 2011 - Package left NVC for Vancouver

June 14, 2011 - Consulate received

June 15, 2011 - Package 3 received via email

June 15, 2011 - faxed package 3 to consulate general

June 16, 2011 - Received Packet 4

July 20, 2011 - Medical

July 22, 2011 - Interview - Approved

July 26, 2011 - Visa Delivered to DHL and picked up

August 6, 2011 - US Entry

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone know what the "A# (if any)" on the I-129F is for? Because it was right beside the "u.s. social security" question we assumed it just wanted any number from for the alien fiance. So we put my Social Insurance Number! What that correct? If not would they reject our application or request an RFE? Man I hate how complicated this whole process is. I find it so frustrating. :crying:

As I understand It is for people like myself, who had been naturalized as US citizens. My Certificate of Naturalization has A#.

The alien # is assigned to you when an alien is put into the system. This is usually because they have applied for a visa at some point.

My ex did not have an A# before he started, but had one assigned when he got his K-1 visa.

I don't know what putting a wrong A# in there will do.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I tend to look at the weekly totals from Igor's list rather than the day to day counts. It can vary a lot from day to day. Seems like VSC is keeping up a decent pace (maybe not fast enough for some people waiting there, but still...). As for California, who knows. I'll wait until the end of the week before I start wondering too hard on what's going on over there.

I agree looking at weekly totals, or even looking at weekly averages over a couple normal months where there is no major holiday period like December can give you a decent idea of how quickly they are processing. Something to keep in mind however, the VJ petitions are not going to be over an even bell shape curve. This means there could be a week were it looks like nothing is being done, but it is because it is for petitions not represented from the VJ data. While some have suggested the VJ data is a good sample size, and I agree it is in total, looking at such a small amount of data as a day or even a week is not using all the data, and therefore will lead to mistakes like declaring Al Gore as president, when that actually is not the case. Both service centers seem to be doing well, they are processing petitions and we continue to move up in the waiting line...just be thankful we do not have to stand in line for 5 months to wait yes.gif

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

So, another chapter in the saga of my beloved's jerkface landlord.

They had a couple of power outages a few weeks back, and the landlord insisted on searching everyone's rooms to make sure that they weren't causing it. He asked to be present and they refused to give him a time. So after taking a day off of work to be there all day to make sure they didn't mess with his stuff, they never showed. He did see an electrician (hired by the landlord) fiddling with the meter, though.

When he left for work yesterday, the power company was replacing the meter, and claimed that it shouldn't disrupt electricity for the tenants. That was a lie. He woke up this morning to no power and a notice stating that the meter had been tampered with to steal electricity. It wouldn't be any of the tenants who tampered with it. Electricity comes out of their rent directly at a flat rate, so it doesn't /matter/ to any of them what the charges are for the whole house.

So, as of right now, he has no power at home.

Oh, and the internet at home was shut off due to non-payment, too. He's using a mobile ISP dongle at the moment.

He has another place lined up to move into, but it may not be until March (I'm hoping he can move sooner). It's just stressful because of how bad his landlord is screwing him and his fellow tenants over.

Bleh.

It can't just be the immigration process being stressful, it has to be the rest of the world, too!

:bonk:

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.